PDA

View Full Version : chrysler pt cruiser airbag problem ?

allforfun
29th March, 2011, 07:33 PM
2004 pt cruiser fault code airbag curtain even though no curtain fitted to the car my question is , is there anyway i can disconnect the ping noise ? the cusotmer does not care if bulb is taken out but ping noise keeps coming on i assume this is in a relay or similar any ideas if this can be disconnected ? as its a nightmare to find the fault have checked all seats seatbelts blanking plates etc etc but still no fault must be in the wiring loom somewhere just need to disconnect this ping noise ( buzzer)

allforfun
29th March, 2011, 10:09 PM
anyboddy help on this one ?

Xram
29th March, 2011, 11:27 PM
Check fuse 27 under the bonnet 10amp it wont be blown but the terminals corrode clean it or replace it. Other faults they are common for is the wire from the seat belt stalk (chime) running under the seat chaffs looks ok in the outer sleeve but it'll be broken inside pain to get at.

obd.tech
30th March, 2011, 01:01 AM
yep....seat wiring fault.

allforfun
30th March, 2011, 09:57 AM
is there anyway to disable buzzer ? or ping noise

Xram
30th March, 2011, 12:23 PM
is there anyway to disable buzzer ? or ping noise
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it anticlockwise to the "Lock" position. Buckle your seat belt.

2. Turn the key clockwise to On engine off.

3. Wait until the seat belt dash light turns off. Unbuckle then buckle the seat belt do this three more times (within 10 seconds) end with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the key counterclockwise to "Lock." You'll hear a beep. the seat belt alarm is disconnected.

allforfun
30th March, 2011, 05:08 PM
is there anyway to take it out totally ? where is it ? as if its not the seat belt one im stuck again

Xram
30th March, 2011, 05:26 PM
is there anyway to take it out totally ? where is it ? as if its not the seat belt one im stuck again
Honestly don't know. I assume you tried following the noise?

allforfun
30th March, 2011, 09:04 PM
its really hard to pinpoint it thats the problem.

allforfun
1st April, 2011, 02:38 PM
Update on this car ive found the bong its in the instrument cluster to the left hand side basically stuffed the bong full of masking tape and now theres no longer a bong noise so job done this is all the customer wanted cars been in about 3 times and none been able to sort this problem out dispite spending hundreds of pounds also covered airbag light as its been impossible to locate the fault on this car.