PDA

View Full Version : 250Gig HDD in my 600C

caveman_nige
21st April, 2008, 03:41 PM
Guys

Just shoe horned a nice 250Gb Western Digital (Whisper Drive) into my 600C, the box sees it with no problems and it is a quiet as a mouse's fart.

I am using the new PLi image with the AU fix, but do i need to format the disk in the box? I have had a search around the menus and cannot find an option, is their one? Alternatively should i just take the HDD out and whack in into one of puters and format it there from an Ubuntu build..? I remeber in my Dm600 manual from DM it had a section on formatting the HDD.

Or maybe its like the rest of this image and it does almost everything, almost by magic...

Answers on the back of a postcard pls and sent to VM Ltd 160 Great Portland Street, London. Or just write a little ditty to me here...

fanks

:bath:

lorrebreaker
21st April, 2008, 03:52 PM
I dont have the dm600 but if i recall, you do need to format the drive.

Something like Menu --> Expert setup --> System (should be an option to format)

But like i said, i don't own one so maybe best waiting for someone who as one to turn up.

Let us know how you get on.

Neil
21st April, 2008, 03:54 PM
In the hard drive menu does it not give you the option in initialise the drive? This is like fdisk and format in DOS

caveman_nige
21st April, 2008, 04:48 PM
I know that option was in the manual that ships with box and is referring to the factory image that it comes with. However i have the new PLi image and i do have this function/option...

caveman_nige
21st April, 2008, 04:51 PM
Whoaaaa, look what cavey just found..... Now formatting my disk.

If you get to this situation, go from your 'Hardware settings' menu and select 'Harddisk settings', then 'specific settings', this will list your HDD but not offer any options. However just press 'ok' on your controller and it will then give you the option to format the disk.

Crack on.....

Cavey is happy again..