PDA

View Full Version : AdBlue SCR errors that cause torque limitations

bynow3
31st March, 2011, 10:05 AM
Anybody knows how to make ECU doesn't limit torque due to Adblue/SCR fails (25% to 40% limitation according max permissible weight)? Any ideas? For example is it possible to code truck's ECU like military truck?
BW

drizzt4321
31st March, 2011, 10:34 AM
I am just guessing here, but that is not possible. You would have to flash the ECU with a ESN of a miliary vehicle, and even then, I'm sure it is limited. All engine manufacturer's where very carefuly in making sure there where no workarounds. Of course, your customer could just trick the SCR level sensor -- IE, fill it with water instead of SCR.

bynow3
31st March, 2011, 11:46 AM
Your proposition is good for EURO4 not for EURO5. Euro5 engines have NOx sensors... For example in Mercedes trucks there is possibility to make some codings in FR module, but it needs dealer connection to FDOK/VEDOC server...trying to solve this without online...

MDR72
9th April, 2011, 04:49 AM
cummins is on to the water trick in the U.S. the nox sensor at scr outlet will run the scr nozzle wide open and it will not lower the nox level. after approx 40 hrs of run time derate will start if you reset and try again it will occur in less time. bulletin out for rusted scr injector tips and all dealers must check scr fluid with refractometer warr void if below spec.

bynow3
9th April, 2011, 08:43 AM
It seems I've found the way... At the moment in simulation mode, but one trick onto online request plays OK... As I'll try it on real truck I'd share...

gizmo666
18th August, 2011, 10:49 AM
It seems I've found the way... At the moment in simulation mode, but one trick onto online request plays OK... As I'll try it on real truck I'd share...

anything new about this?

ddmech
19th August, 2011, 12:57 AM
Think everyone is still hoping,lol!

bynow3
6th September, 2011, 09:34 PM
Some news coming soon. I need to connect to truck with English DAS, then I post screenshot, because usually I working on Russian... By the way, who can find MB document named SN00.00-W-0001-01L - it's MB manual for conversion from EU5, EU4 to EU3. As DAS says, this manual is only in printed version exist for dealers workshops equipped with DYNO stand... Maybe last symbol(s) of this manual appeared other than indicated, due to other language (Not Russian)

bynow3
15th October, 2011, 08:27 PM
well,

MR1_96 - this software pack in DAS reverse ECU maps to
euro3 standard.
By another way, possibility to turn off torque derate without changing exhaust standards also possible. FR - coding ...

germi
15th October, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hi, im new here.

About disabling of AdBlue injection: Why do you want to do that? Is AdBlue expensive in some countries? Im sure it will harm many expensive parts in the vehicle (injector nozzle, catalyst).

Made this reprogramming on an Volvo FH (2010 model), but was a lot of work.
Made many changes in hardware too, to become this running without faultcodes and damaging of parts...

Best regards
germi

P.S. sorry about my bad english

bynow3
16th October, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hi, im new here.

About disabling of AdBlue injection: Why do you want to do that? Is AdBlue expensive in some countries? Im sure it will harm many expensive parts in the vehicle (injector nozzle, catalyst).

There are 2 separate aims - first is to turn off torque derate causing by some ADBlue errors, second is to turn off whole the SCR system.
First task solvation concludes FR codings changes, without changing of exhaust standards of engine. Of course SCR systems repair costs alot mostly due to expensive components. Often customers rip their catalytic mufflers and don't care about exhaust norms, because native trucks here produce more smoke and other harmful substancies...
Concerning Volvo reprogram - is intereting for me, I'd like to invite you for discussion about it...
WBR
Alex

sova
16th October, 2011, 09:35 AM
Who knows how to turn off the AdBlue?
Write to all.

gizmo666
16th October, 2011, 11:20 AM
Can you give more details how you do it?

Hi, im new here.

Made this reprogramming on an Volvo FH (2010 model), but was a lot of work.
Made many changes in hardware too, to become this running without faultcodes and damaging of parts...

Best regards
germi

P.S. sorry about my bad english

sova
19th October, 2011, 11:34 AM
Hello germi.
Many people need to know how you turn off AdBlue.
Please let us know.
Thank you.

dimitar22
19th October, 2011, 07:12 PM
I tried this today.
Unplug the wiring harness form the adblue modul.

Truck starts normal. Tested the truck on the road no power derate at all.

No fault codes shown on display.

Truck was man TGA euro 5.
I don't know how this is possible.

bynow3
20th October, 2011, 05:55 AM
I tried this today.

Don't know exactly about MAN, but Volvo - Test mode for SCR module starts after engine temp >70, then derate appears not at the moment, but after some time (ie 50 hours after no possibility to regulate NOx concentration in exhaust gases). I think MAN has something very similar... No faults on display don't mean no faults in fault memory... I think you can't feel torque derate on truck unloaded...

beha
20th October, 2011, 03:34 PM
I tried this today.

yea, this may work only for 50 or less hours without engine pwer down...after that you have problems...

bobi2580
8th April, 2013, 10:42 AM
solution ADBLUE EMULATOR 500EURO

timbermoto
8th April, 2013, 11:11 PM
300euro at diagnostic55.com

lis
21st April, 2013, 11:13 PM
Only SOFTWARE solution.
For MB, Volvo, Renault, Scania, DAF, Cummins.
For Russians - PM, please.

popescovici11
23rd June, 2013, 11:12 AM
emulators from diag55 NOT WORK OK on VOLVO / Renault... rest are ok.

gizmo666
23rd June, 2013, 11:41 AM
Whats wrong with those? do you mean exhaust gas temperature problem?

darkthrone
25th August, 2013, 09:02 AM
Torque reduction can be removed by software.
PM to me and see what can I do

gobovolvo
9th October, 2013, 12:04 AM
did you try new VR emulator from diag55 with NOx emulation ???it work perfect , i put 6 pcs on volvo . they also erase fault codes !!!!

gobovolvo
9th October, 2013, 12:05 AM
did you try new VR emulator from diag55 with NOx emulation ???it work perfect , i put 6 pcs on volvo . they also erase fault codes !!!!

diagman
9th October, 2013, 12:13 AM
... right VR adblue emulators with new software do the job . I ve tried both V2 and VR on volvo , VR emulates NOx sensor and erase fault codes (ignition on , press accelaretion pedal - DTC erased ) . I only recommend adblue emulators with adblue and NOx emulation .