PDA

View Full Version : Starview 7 price reduced

mu08
31st March, 2011, 01:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed wizard satellite have reduced the starview 7 price from ?110 to ?89
I wonder if this is a ploy to get rid of their stock

tony2803
31st March, 2011, 01:24 PM
Has anyone else noticed wizard satellite have reduced the starview 7 price from ?110 to ?89
I wonder if this is a ploy to get rid of their stock
odviously they must know something about the future of the starview server,i for one are very in awe of what they have done to bring it back online,but i think it will not last long july/august i think it may cease altogether..:party:

markbirch1977
31st March, 2011, 01:32 PM
yes my suppyler has reduced them to ?80

blackmail
31st March, 2011, 03:25 PM
they have been that price since last year I got mine for ?89

lee11168
31st March, 2011, 03:35 PM
same as only paid ?89 in december

mu08
31st March, 2011, 05:11 PM
they have been that price since last year I got mine for ?89

They were ?89 but when the VAT got increased to 20% they went up to ?110

LOMO
31st March, 2011, 08:23 PM
they have been reduced at digital promo since december also

slik444
31st March, 2011, 08:38 PM
i got mine for ?55 :)

ramjamman
31st March, 2011, 08:45 PM
:rangers2:and so u got a bargin there seems to be no moneing now every f----- happy now

stevesinnow1
31st May, 2011, 10:55 AM
:rangers2:and so u got a bargin there seems to be no moneing now every f----- happy now got a sv 7 coming anyday now ?70 just hope it lasts a while

enterprise1701
1st June, 2011, 10:25 AM
i got mine from digi promo last year for ?99..

brainwave
1st June, 2011, 01:09 PM
got a sv 7 coming anyday now ?70 just hope it lasts a while

You be lucky if it works, as most of them no longer connect to the server, so could be money wasted.

Have a read of this post m8

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/connection-issues-fix-209438/index4.html#post1121172

angrycat
1st June, 2011, 01:38 PM
You be lucky if it works, as most of them no longer connect to the server, so could be money wasted.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/connection-issues-fix-209438/index4.html#post1121172

I understood that the sv7 will last 12mths
and that the firmware will be updated if and when required

brainwave
1st June, 2011, 02:10 PM
I understood that the sv7 will last 12mths
and that the firmware will be updated if and when required

It will be when you pass them your credit card details if you want to renew your subscription, which will lead to a paper trail, which they wont want or you wont either, as it would be traceable, and as subscribing to something illegal will be chased believe me, check out how many C/S sky cardservers have been shut down, so work away folks, pass your details to these people, see what happens when its traced back to you mr plod will be a knocking at your door.

barryc123
1st June, 2011, 10:30 PM
It will be when you pass them your credit card details if you want to renew your subscription, which will lead to a paper trail, which they wont want or you wont either, as it would be traceable, and as subscribing to something illegal will be chased believe me, check out how many C/S sky cardservers have been shut down, so work away folks, pass your details to these people, see what happens when its traced back to you mr plod will be a knocking at your door.

just want to ask, didn't we give them are details once when we bought are sv boxs? just wondering whever anyone as had the plod knocking on there door because of the paper trail we all left when we paid for a box?

lincsat
1st June, 2011, 10:54 PM
And how many people have posted on forums about using a SV or KV box without realizing that their IP address is recorded

alotmentman
2nd June, 2011, 08:01 AM
just want to ask, didn't we give them are details once when we bought are sv boxs? just wondering whever anyone as had the plod knocking on there door because of the paper trail we all left when we paid for a box?
the plod gathering evidence (lettin you download from the server for a year }then they be knocking at your doors /you cant say you only just bought it //they got ya banged to rights ////doomed //thay got every detail they need ///be warned ////? mr paranoid no....s lol:roflmao:

Mackum
6th June, 2011, 01:30 AM
I bought a knife on my credit card will the plod be knocking at my door for all the stabbings thats going on ?

keith 555
6th June, 2011, 04:12 AM
And how many people have posted on forums about using a SV or KV box without realizing that their IP address is recorded
and who know now from the forums the dealers with links to there shop that dealers have to pass on mac addy to to persons running the sever to get box going .does this mean u can take box back to dealer and get refund

becki2102
7th June, 2011, 03:51 PM
got a sv 7 coming anyday now ?70 just hope it lasts a while
hey where from pm me please, cheapest i've found is 85 each x

cactikid
7th June, 2011, 08:45 PM
you do know that sv7 are not connecting to internet and if you buy one its fta only.

cdm30379
8th June, 2011, 02:00 AM

Brainwave , you have now proved to me from previous thread that you havent actually got a clue about anything at all !!! Regarding paypal when a claim is submitted and escalated , there is only an option for seller to refund once returned, there is no option to send another one out. as soon as item returned to seller, paypal check tracking, confirm it and refund full amount paid in the first place to buyer. I hope your knowledge of these things is better or you would struggle to change a channel. regards

brainwave
8th June, 2011, 02:22 PM
Brainwave , you have now proved to me from previous thread that you havent actually got a clue about anything at all !!! Regarding paypal when a claim is submitted and escalated , there is only an option for seller to refund once returned, there is no option to send another one out. as soon as item returned to seller, paypal check tracking, confirm it and refund full amount paid in the first place to buyer. I hope your knowledge of these things is better or you would struggle to change a channel. regards

The seller always has the right to replace or repair a product, regardless of whether or not you bought thru paypal, or any other third party.

But as i say best of luck with it, keep us all informed im sure others would like to know as well.

Also have a look here at this link regarding pay pal
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

or here on the first post have a read of it
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/other-goods-services/1686-paid-goods-via-paypal-im-not-covered.html#post3082

tony2803
8th June, 2011, 11:07 PM
dont even waste your money buying a sv7 or kv they are just getting rid of their stocks [both parties] and then the big bang will come very soon after,this is not a theory its a fact..dont waste your cash..

tony_i
9th June, 2011, 06:45 AM
Writing things on the internet and inserting 'fact' in the sentence doesn't make them true.

Do you have any evidence to back up your 'facts'?

alex123
9th June, 2011, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=brainwave;1122052]It will be when you pass them your credit card details if you want to renew your subscription, which will lead to a paper trail, which they wont want or you wont either, as it would be traceable, and as subscribing to something illegal will be chased believe me, check out how many C/S sky cardservers have been shut down, so work away folks, pass your details to these people, see what happens when its traced back to you mr plod will be a knocking at your door.[/QUOTE
the sv has always intended to go off after 12 months and never would they renew subs by card or any other method ,the new sv guys have renewed all subs free of charge for a year to make up for loss of viewing.
yes of course wizard are dumping there stock am sure they dont want anything to do with sv also i know for a fact they dont have any connection to the new server and they were never the sole importers of sv

alex123
9th June, 2011, 11:16 AM
thats rubbish m8 the seller will test box and if ok as a fta receiver he can charge a handling fee before returning your box ,what you are saying is you can send a couple of bricks to a seller get the tracking number and paypal will refund you regardless of whats in the parcel

lee11168
9th June, 2011, 11:32 AM
if the police are checking everyones mac address and then are going to knock on everyones door they are going to have to build some big jails first because starview have sold thousands of these boxes

brainwave
9th June, 2011, 02:46 PM
if the police are checking everyones mac address and then are going to knock on everyones door they are going to have to build some big jails first because starview have sold thousands of these boxes

They dont have to lock people up, they have a fine system which im sure works quite well in the courts, also all they have to do is make an example of a few people, then others will soon get the message, im sure !!.

brainwave
9th June, 2011, 02:50 PM
i know for a fact they dont have any connection to the new server and they were never the sole importers of sv

They dont have any connection "NOW" to the ser*** but "FACT" wizard where sole importers of Starview Boxes, euroview, ddigital duo as well as SV Combo.

ramjamman
9th June, 2011, 04:50 PM
:afraid:They dont have to lock people up, they have a fine system which im sure works quite well in the courts, also all they have to do is make an example of a few people, then others will soon get the message,:cobblers: im sure yes and every body pays there fines same as a tag and asboos they worked well:laugh:

eileen
9th June, 2011, 08:35 PM

THE BOX IS SOLD AS FREE TO AIR, its up tp the individual to put anything on it to alter it, not the seller, read the small print at the site you buy from:scarf2:

satsmo
9th June, 2011, 08:41 PM
Bit dear for an FTA box though :) We all know that and BTW some traders do sell them with firmware loaded and yes that is a very silly thing to do.

But the old nugget you bought an FTA box is a bit ropey to say the least.

Pushing the legalities of who loaded what would be hard to prove either way.

Federer16
9th June, 2011, 08:43 PM
FTA boxes can be bought for under ?20 from argos and other places....so when people buy these boxes, KV/SV etc....we all know the score.

barryc123
9th June, 2011, 09:25 PM
THE BOX IS SOLD AS FREE TO AIR, its up tp the individual to put anything on it to alter it, not the seller, read the small print at the site you buy from:scarf2:

yes its sold as a free to air box, but why would i buy a free to air box for ?110 when i can go aldi and get 1 for ?20? the site sold me this box with the inpression that i got alot more for my money and told me what to look for, starview updates, prove they didnt? when they sold me the box they said it was a good box because of the updates i could get, maybe they would not tell me how but the discription they give me about the box told me it was just not a free to air box and they said we dont help with information about illegal firmware to get free channels so they are saying this box gets illegal channels dont you think? thats why people pay ?110 instead of ?20

barryc123
9th June, 2011, 09:32 PM
the simple question is to any of the site is.
if i buy this box and get the right firmware will i get extra cable channels?you know want they always say?

YES, if you get the right firmware, but we dont supply that.

brainwave
11th June, 2011, 04:17 PM
yes its sold as a free to air box, but why would i buy a free to air box for ?110 when i can go aldi and get 1 for ?20? the site sold me this box with the inpression that i got alot more for my money and told me what to look for, starview updates, prove they didnt? when they sold me the box they said it was a good box because of the updates i could get, maybe they would not tell me how but the discription they give me about the box told me it was just not a free to air box and they said we dont help with information about illegal firmware to get free channels so they are saying this box gets illegal channels dont you think? thats why people pay ?110 instead of ?20

Prob because you know there is no patch software for that box, if there was you would have bought that box, dont make any difference what FTA receiver you buy, if there is patches for people to watch free tv!!! thats what they will buy, remember one thing here the supplier of the box or retailer do not make the 3rd party firmware for these boxes, so you are buying a FTA box regardless of the price and where you get it from.

Nothing is free in this life not even death !!!