PDA

View Full Version : wall hanging electric fire

cablefreejunkie
31st March, 2011, 04:28 PM
thinking of getting a wall hanging electric fire,ive just opened up the old fireplace and im in the process of deciding what to put in its place,i cant have an open fire as its too mush hassle,although i would like one,,the missus on the other hand would love a very modern contemporary wall hanging electric fire
anyone got one ? is there much heat output from them ? are they worth the money ? ive seen them for about 1k upwards
i need to make a decision fairly lively as the front room is like a war zone and i need to get sorted asap

daithi
31st March, 2011, 06:19 PM
ive an open fire mate ya cant beat it
cosy as ~~~~ so it is
she will love it once its in
also try run your hot water from it to
get more from it tht way

cablefreejunkie
31st March, 2011, 06:36 PM
shes one of these posh birds daithi,evertything has to be ~~~~in contemporary and expensive

daithi
1st April, 2011, 04:22 PM
shes one of these posh birds daithi,evertything has to be ~~~~in contemporary and expensive

axe the missus and get the open fire in lol

http://www.fireplace.ie/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/stonehe2.gif

chucklor
1st April, 2011, 06:47 PM
Properties that I rent all have electric fires, it does away with having a gas test every year, they are 100% efficient as nothing goes up a chimney, the only problem is they can be exspensive to run as electricity is not the cheapest thing around. The beauty of an electric fire with a plasma or light setting is that you can have the fire effect on without the heat. There are hundreds for sale on flea bay...chuck

cablefreejunkie
1st April, 2011, 06:47 PM
axe the missus and get the open fire in lol

http://www.fireplace.ie/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/stonehe2.gif
is that your gaff daithi ? looks very nice,me personally i would have the open fire,i took her out today to have a look round at some showrooms etc as i need to sort out the fireplace next week and need a decision as to what were going to have,shes gone for a chesneys multi fuel burner,must say i quite like them,,the only open fire she would have was like the basket type,but you cant control the airflow,so light it up and off it goes which to me is a waste,so i had to meet her in the middle,,yesterday it was an electric wall hanging thingymajig today its a chesneys,,god knows what she will want next week
maybe a divorce !!!

cablefreejunkie
1st April, 2011, 06:52 PM
Properties that I rent all have electric fires, it does away with having a gas test every year, they are 100% efficient as nothing goes up a chimney, the only problem is they can be exspensive to run as electricity is not the cheapest thing around. The beauty of an electric fire with a plasma or light setting is that you can have the fire effect on without the heat. There are hundreds for sale on flea bay...chuck
looked at a lot of these today,there nice but you cant beat the real look of a nice fire flaming away,,makes the room look nice and snug,and also gives off some heat aswell,and as you say the lecky ones could be a bit on the pricey side to run,as everyone in my house would just flick the switch and its on,at least with the wood fire it takes a bit of effort to get it going,so i will probably be the only onr firing it up,and that would be only when its really needed

daithi
1st April, 2011, 06:55 PM
is that your gaff daithi ? looks very nice,me personally i would have the open fire,i took her out today to have a look round at some showrooms etc as i need to sort out the fireplace next week and need a decision as to what were going to have,shes gone for a chesneys multi fuel burner,must say i quite like them,,the only open fire she would have was like the basket type,but you cant control the airflow,so light it up and off it goes which to me is a waste,so i had to meet her in the middle,,yesterday it was an electric wall hanging thingymajig today its a chesneys,,god knows what she will want next week
maybe a divorce !!!

no mate not mine just a quick snap from google images lol

cablefreejunkie
1st April, 2011, 07:14 PM
no mate not mine just a quick snap from google images lol
you ~~~~er

daithi
1st April, 2011, 07:53 PM
you ~~~~er

mines actually nicer
more cosy than that one
that one looks like gas as mine is solid fuel