PDA

View Full Version : bad wheel

gmb45
11th December, 2008, 09:40 AM
i feel sutch a fool was having trouble with my steering after buying new tyres still the same pulling to the left so toook it to ets tyre place they told me it was a track rod end,im all ways a bit suspicious of them tyre places so i took it to my local garage they looked at it and told me nothing wrong with the track rod ends or anything else but one front wheel has a dint in the rim which is the problem swopped the wheel for the spare and no problem.the thing is that tyre place wanted 25 quid for a new track rod end and 20 quid to do the tracking 45 quid for nothing rip off barstewards so beware if your not to clued up about motors like me take it to a garage you can trust FCUK the tyres places unless your totally stuck.

dctyper
11th December, 2008, 10:33 AM
tyre places are only for tyres. wouldnt take them there for anything else

gmb45
12th December, 2008, 05:53 AM
tyre places are only for tyres. wouldnt take them there for anything else have to agree with you m8 they should be used just for tyres as i have found out to my cost,your local repairs garage can do what they do for a fair bit less,could have got my exhaust cheaper as well,wont get caught again,thing is id not had a car for a number of years so was a bit green about things.