PDA

View Full Version : clone GT1 , WHAT A MESS

Automods
1st April, 2011, 03:29 PM
Today I recieved my Faulty GT1 from Ebay, I knew it was faulty, it was more to have a look through it to see if I could see what was wrong.

Was quite shocked to see just how bad some of the soldering and general putting together of it was.

Now I have seen some clones and copies before, but I think that these are partly genuine, and partly fake, the 2 main PCBs I think are genuine or at least built to an extramly good standard.

The Connetion end with the plugs etc are a differnt story, look like they've come from a different planet, bad and damaged through plating, the 28 way pin header just dabbed on top of pads and not through the PCB and what looks like un fluxed solder to make the joints.

The red and Black connectors go nowhere, and the same for the 8 way connector in the middle.

I'm not sure how or if this ever worked, but i'm going to remove everything from these 2 connector PCBs and re-make to see if it makes a difference.

I understand these are quite a problem, will take a few photos as I go and if it works when finished will post a how to fix it post.