PDA

View Full Version : CUMMINS & CAT PERFORMANCE HARNESS

dieselman77
2nd April, 2011, 11:34 PM
Just curious if anyone knows how to make these power harnesses to get more power out of the cummins isx and the cat c-15 & 3406E I found them on ebay and i am curious if they really work thank you guys http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cummins-ISX-Performance-Harness-60HP-/190513420544
here is the link to the part he also has some listed for caterpillar does it really work ?

joshplianfield
3rd April, 2011, 03:44 AM
probally just a resistor that lies to the pcm by saying the fuel or temperature is colder than it really is so it injects more fuel, seen them all over the place for gas cars too.

btw got motor 2009 kg?

dieselman77
3rd April, 2011, 11:41 AM
Do you know how to make them correctly ? A friend of mine told me all they do is put a 100 ohm resistor in the signal wire and you get 60 hp instantly at the wheels out of an isx and 40 - 50 from a cat so i am trying to figure out what the plugs are that i need and how to properly wire it i have seen them run into the cab with a turn knob variable resistor and my friend swears he is getting .5 - 1.5 mpg more depending on how much he puts his foot in it thank you all for you help

kwtech
3rd April, 2011, 01:14 PM
Do you know how to make them correctly ? A friend of mine told me all they do is put a 100 ohm resistor in the signal wire and you get 60 hp instantly at the wheels out of an isx and 40 - 50 from a cat so i am trying to figure out what the plugs are that i need and how to properly wire it i have seen them run into the cab with a turn knob variable resistor and my friend swears he is getting .5 - 1.5 mpg more depending on how much he puts his foot in it thank you all for you help

100 ohm resistor on the cat fuel temp works fine, done lots of them, ISX ive measured resistor off another truck that had them, 150 K ohms , 2 of them , one for fuel temp, one for turbo inlet, same resistance for both, driver said big diff, but I never tried one yett

dieselman77
3rd April, 2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you can you post a pic of of what i need and the part numbers from caterpillar so i can make a few I am trying to figure out the ixs because a friend of mine has one set at 550hp right now and he wants to go to 600-650 hp but cummins will not flash it any higher than 565 because they are liable for any damages

kwtech
4th April, 2011, 12:32 AM
For the cats its just a deutz 2 pin receptacle and a 100 ohm resistor soldered pin to pin, I put a male deutz conector with Dummy wires in the other end and plug it to the sensor to keep dirt out, I heat shrink it all together and put loom on top, it looks like a 4 in wire extension when plugged in.

For Cummins I have never seen any receptacles shaped like the sensor, people usualy unplug the sensor, and shove the resistors in the terminals on the conector

Also use 1 watt resistors if possible as 1/4 dont seem to last as long

I can get You CAT part # s for the conectors and pins tomorow at work

dieselman77
4th April, 2011, 02:21 AM
so your saying you solder the resitor in the two pins that connect to the sensor and do not reconnect the plug to the sensor you just heat shrink it all together ? just trying to make sure i understand

kwtech
4th April, 2011, 02:52 AM
so your saying you solder the resitor in the two pins that connect to the sensor and do not reconnect the plug to the sensor you just heat shrink it all together ? just trying to make sure i understand

Yes thats it, 100 ohms is the resistance of the sensor at 189* F
So you are just creating a constant hot fuel temp reading. Hot fuel has less BTU's, less energy, so CAT compensates for hot fuel by adding more to keep the power output as constant as possible, so the cooler your fuel is and the hotter the ECM thinks it is the bigger gain you get. You could just put a resistor between those 2 pins, but using a receptacle just like the top of the sensor makes a cleaner mod, and putting a dummy plug in the sensor keeps the crap out of it.

MDR72
6th April, 2011, 02:41 AM
fuel temp sensor depends on ser #'s 100 ohm for older and 1000 ohm for newer. pins fuel temp at 189 deg needs to be at least above 140 deg to change fuel metering and timing will increase fuel mileage and will make between 30-50 hp on a dyno. depending on fuel injector codes. some fuel injector performance codes will not look at fuel temp so it will not make a difference. cummins tenp sensor will roll at idle when cold so some are made with a var res. not sure on connector #'s i have them somewhere and will check but never found 1 end for cummins.

dieselman77
6th April, 2011, 03:27 AM
can you take pics of the plug for the temp sensor so i can look on ebay for the plug and also i hear that you can put a resistor on the boost/fuel pressure sensor as well is there any truth to this ? also what year truck engine do i use the 1000 ohm resistor on ? thank you

hanzem evr
6th April, 2011, 08:56 PM
good info my friends that what i need .thanks

MDR72
9th April, 2011, 05:02 AM
difference in res is with software change the easy way to tell is single turbo or twin turbo, one is 100 and one is 1000 have to look and check. some early twin turbos take the old style res but very few and early ser #'s you can install res in boost pres sensor without getting a check engine light also and most are instlaaed on a switch so if you want smoke turn it on and if you don't turn it off. made some a while ago and wrote all info down just have to look.

parin
24th February, 2013, 05:54 PM
hey any one know how to wire the resistors for cummins it seems that makers who makes these harness they plug it to fuel pressure sensor and its 3 pin plug ?

drizzt4321
25th February, 2013, 01:05 AM
Why would adding a resistor affect HP and MPG?

Underpsi
25th February, 2013, 02:06 AM
Why would adding a resistor affect HP and MPG?

Its ECM compensates for hot fuel by adding more at higher temperatures

redneck1
26th February, 2013, 08:40 PM
hey any one know how to wire the resistors for cummins it seems that makers who makes these harness they plug it to fuel pressure sensor and its 3 pin plug ?

The fuel pressure sensor is 2 wire on the scania fuel systems up to 2009 (cummins changed in 2010 to common rail). Add a 5k resistor or dial whichever you want. The easiest is the dials that are for sale on ebay. Plug and play and you can get them with marine wiring and factory connectors for around 160. We have dyno'd these resistor dials. On a 565 isx they added 100 hp to the rear wheels, plus some mpg improvements around 1 mpg depending on how you drive. I have not messed with the fuel temp and turbo on the isx.

jdawg
27th February, 2013, 02:58 AM
Just my 2 cents. I use a fuel temp sensor. Take the guts out of it. Put a 99k ohm resistor in between the leads. Shrink tube over it and it plugs right into the factory harness. Costs about $35 to make. Isx

Alligator
27th February, 2013, 06:13 AM
I don't use either of those resistances for ISX..... I also have a dyno. 5K ohm is close but would cause a lag know??

redneck1
1st March, 2013, 01:24 AM
I don't use either of those resistances for ISX..... I also have a dyno. 5K ohm is close but would cause a lag know??

The fuel pressure resistor you can run up to 7k but may throw low fuel pressure code. But to answer your question, quite the contrary. Better all the way up.

parin
2nd March, 2013, 04:24 AM
The fuel pressure sensor is 2 wire on the scania fuel systems up to 2009 (cummins changed in 2010 to common rail). Add a 5k resistor or dial whichever you want. The easiest is the dials that are for sale on ebay. Plug and play and you can get them with marine wiring and factory connectors for around 160. We have dyno'd these resistor dials. On a 565 isx they added 100 hp to the rear wheels, plus some mpg improvements around 1 mpg depending on how you drive. I have not messed with the fuel temp and turbo on the isx.

Thanks for the replay, here is the link that I was looking at Cummins ISX Performance Harness Fuel Pressure Sensor | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-ISX-Performance-Harness-fuel-pressure-sensor-/190800428292?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item2c6c977d04&vxp=mtr)

I remember that there is one plug that goes behind fuel pump housing has 2 wires and it says its temp sensor and another that uses 3 pin plug and it shows as fuel pressure in cummins insite diagram. I will try figure this out tomorrow. Thanks again ;)

Alligator
10th March, 2013, 01:10 AM
I build both. the fuel temp and fuel pressure sensor modules and duals for my customers.
Fuel temp is fixed and fuel psi needs a switch in the dash OFF for stock (while cold) and ON (when it gets warmer or start driving). Still work on deletes too.

I put fuel temp at 75K ohms and Fuel PSI at 6K ohms.
easily +100hp +150ft-lb. I have seen as High as 180hp and 288ft-lb

parin
18th March, 2013, 09:58 PM
I build both. the fuel temp and fuel pressure sensor modules and duals for my customers.
Fuel temp is fixed and fuel psi needs a switch in the dash OFF for stock (while cold) and ON (when it gets warmer or start driving). Still work on deletes too.

I put fuel temp at 75K ohms and Fuel PSI at 6K ohms.
easily +100hp +150ft-lb. I have seen as High as 180hp and 288ft-lb

For fuel psi do you use 2 resistors ? How do you wire it has 3 wires ?

redneck1
24th March, 2013, 05:17 AM
For fuel psi do you use 2 resistors ? How do you wire it has 3 wires ?

Not sure what series you have. All the cm870 and 871 cummins use a 2 wire fuel pressure reading. Not sure of the rest as I have only worked on those 2 series. You can hard wire it but you will get a lope at idle and may give you a fuel pressure code when cold.

4hillbilly
28th September, 2014, 10:52 AM
all the resistor did to my c 15 was make it blow black smoke nothing to the power. flash file it with a1983271-00 flash witch is a 600hp 6nz file make them pull 2 more gears with 3 trailer here in auss on my old girl

-

mory lanes
23rd November, 2014, 02:47 AM
Connection diagram of harness for boot rom for isb cm550 Please help ....

CELECT old can be placed in boot rom ??

both dead ecm blocked