PDA

View Full Version : iveco cursor engine oil level sensor

rehtnap
3rd April, 2011, 06:26 PM
hi
does anyone know the test figures for the oil level sensor fitted in eurotracker 500 hp. i have one that reads differently to the dipstick reading ie dipstick shows full but read out on drivers dash shows 3 bars on oil level gauge not full.
:listen:

Serhio632
3rd April, 2011, 06:46 PM
Dash?? Oil level gauge fitted on over-head panel. The "dipstick" is controlled by Iveco Control module (on central panel, with red LEDs). Or if we talkin' about Trakker with MUX OLS is controlled by FFC
I don't understand what you talking about oil pressure. Absolutely different sensors installed for level and pressure.

rehtnap
4th April, 2011, 09:42 AM
hi
2010 eurotracker 500hp 6x6 dump truck. cursor 13 engine.mux. working on oil LEVEL gauge circuit not oil preasure. the read out is on the drivers main information screen on the dash and is an multipurpose led screen, it appears as a series of bars. engine fitted with oil dipstick and an oil level sender which may also have the low oil sensor built into it. the sensor is fitted on the left hand front of the engine and runs to the met computer on the left front of the truck.
i want to know what sort of signal it produces and what it should be for full and empty in the sump, ie simple analogue or is there a circuit in there and it produces a ditital signal like everything seems to on these trucks, so just diving in with a multimeter could cause damage.

:roflmao:

Serhio632
4th April, 2011, 11:09 AM
hi m8
i think that really no matter. any other sensors usually send incorrect info to the cluster.
this problem is on Iveco trucks from far year ago :p
try to wait 20-30 min and check it out again...
so, I guess the signal is analog.
mb met comp measures resistanse or current, I'm not sure... but exactly there is not digital signal.
good luck