PDA

View Full Version : Rangers FC Thread

allycoops
21st April, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thought us Bluenoses may as well have our own thread seen as other supporters have their own team thread,

Please Post any Rangers News, Match Reports, Transfer Rumours etc in here.

Please Respect Other Supporters Views on the Forum including the Celtic Supporters ("even if they do talk shite"):rofl:

and NO Sectarianism of any Kind please,

Banter is allowed and welcome.

Cheers Lads

allycoops
21st April, 2008, 06:30 PM
Rangers manager Walter Smith has ruled Chris Burke and Steven Naismith out of Thursday's Uefa Cup semi-final first leg clash against Fiorentina.

The pair were injured during Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final win over St Johnstone at Hampden.

Naismith will have a scan on his knee while Burke has an ankle problem.

Smith told the club website: "It doesn't look like they will be able to feature in either of the Fiorentina games or against Celtic this Sunday."

Rangers already have a catalogue of injuries and suspensions to contend with ahead of the visit of the Italian side.

Goalkeeper Allan McGregor and wide men Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch and DaMarcus ~~~~~~~ are not fit to play in Thursday's match while captain Barry Ferguson and midfield companion Kevin Thomson are suspended.

allycoops
21st April, 2008, 06:56 PM
Nice little read for the Rangers fans , Young and Old,

split into two rars because of Forum file upload size limitation,

download both parts and extract using winrar to form PDF

C64
21st April, 2008, 08:55 PM
As u know I'm not a Rangers fan, but I reckon this will be a great thread and I hope I'm allowed to make the occaisional post. :)

How do you all feel after Sundays match?

Pretty poor, infact it was shameful.

Opinions guys?

allycoops
21st April, 2008, 09:03 PM
Didnt See the game witchy, so cant really comment, but I dont think we have enough depth in the squad as being in 4 comps is starting to take its toll.

by all accounts it was a piss poor performance but in defence it wasnt our Best 11 and we lost two of the playmakers within 20 minutes which would make any team struggle imo.

Even coisty says he feels for St.J and they didnt deserve to go out, so that says something about the way they played.

End of the day we're through to the final and thats all that matters.

I'm more concerned over the injuries and suspensions ahead of thursday night game and any more injuries that come.

C64
21st April, 2008, 09:24 PM
Even coisty says he feels for St.J and they didnt deserve to go out, so that says something about the way they played.

McCoist looked very emotional during the post match interview. I thought he was gonna start crying.

I've felt like that a few times leaving Parkhead ;)

End of the day we're through to the final and thats all that matters.

Absolutely mate!

History is always writen by the victors.
St. Johnstones Grand day out against Rangers will be forgotten next week.

allycoops
21st April, 2008, 11:33 PM
Fiorentina savour a purple patch
UEFA CUP SEMI-FINAL FIRST LEG
Venue: Ibrox Date: Thursday, 24 April Kick-off: 1945 BST

By Giancarlo Rinaldi

Nine years ago Fiorentina were on a Champions League run which saw
them record famous victories over Arsenal and Manchester United.

Three years later they were playing against Castelnuovo Garfagnana in
Italy's fourth division.

Even in the tempestuous world of Italian football the Viola - the
Purples - have had an eventful recent history.

Back in the 1990s with the likes of Gabriel Batistuta and Rui Costa
in their side they were serious league title contenders.

However, their financial foundations under owner Vittorio Cecchi Gori
were shaky and the club was sent down to Italy's lowest professional
league due to its economic collapse.

Thanks to fresh investment from shoe magnates Diego and Andrea Della
Valle they returned to Serie A in 2004 but even since then things
have not gone smoothly.

In their first season back in the top flight the side from the Stadio
Artemio Franchi flirted with relegation but survived late in the day.

The following campaign they qualified for the Champions League only
to have that prize taken off them due to their part in the Calciopoli
scandal.

It showed the undue influence some clubs - particularly Juventus -
had in the selection process for match referees.

As part of their sentence the side from the Renaissance City also
received a hefty points penalty for last season which effectively
killed their chances of a top four finish once again.

Nonetheless, thanks in large part to the goals of Luca Toni, they
managed to qualify for the Uefa Cup this campaign.

They currently sit in a Champions League spot in Serie A, while
Rangers stand between them and a first major European final in 18
years.

The boys from the banks of the river Arno have got to this stage with
a youthful side which likes to play attacking and skilful football.

And in manager Cesare Prandelli they have one of the most astute
tacticians in Italy.

His teams like to play an adventurous 4-3-3 formation but with wide
men who can work back to create five in the midfield when the side
has to defend.

The heart of the team is born-again Romanian Adrian Mutu who has come
through some hard times - most notably his well-publicised drugs
problem at Chelsea - to become an highly influential figure.

He used to play under Prandelli at Parma and clearly going back to
his old mentor has brought the best out of him.

Mutu has had a number of strike partners this season but he works
most effectively with former Italy Under 21 international Giampaolo
Pazzini.

The young forward announced himself to a wider audience with a
hattrick against England Under 21s in the match which opened the new
Wembley.

Another star performer is French goalkeeper Sebastien Frey who has
been in outstanding form this year.

He would probably be a regular for his country if they were not run
by such an eccentric figure as Raymond Domenech.

The Florentine defence relies on the solid Alessandro Gamberini,
Dario Dainelli and Tomas Ujfalusi at its heart with Martin Jorgensen
sometimes asked to play as a makeshift right-back while Manuel
Pasqual marauds forward on the left.

In the midfield there is an interesting array of options at
Prandelli's disposal.

He has the craft and guile of Fabio Liverani, the exquisite technique
of Riccardo Montolivo, the versatile Massimo Gobbi or the all-round
ability of Zdravko Kuzmanovic to call on.

In addition, he has midfield enforcer Marco Donadel on the books
although the long-haired battler is suspended for the first game at
Ibrox.

The Viola have shown with their gutsy survival against Everton and a
classy win over PSV Eindhoven that they are more than a match for
anyone.

They believe it is their destiny to meet up with old striker Luca
Toni and his Bayern Munich team in the Uefa Cup final in Manchester.

It will be up to Walter Smith and company to prove them wrong.

FIORENTINA HONOURS

2 Italian league titles
6 Italian Cups
1 Cup Winners' Cup
1 Italian Super Cup

allycoops
22nd April, 2008, 10:14 AM
When Rangers take on Fiorentina in the semi-final of the 2007/08 Uefa Cup, older fans will remember the Italians' victory when the teams played in the 1961 European Cup-Winners' Cup final.

In reaching that stage of the inaugural cup, Rangers became the first British team to contest a European final.

However encouraging for the Ibrox club, only ten teams had taken part in the new tournament, with Spain and France refusing to enter their eligible clubs.

The Ibrox club, managed by Scot Symon, defeated the Hungarians Ferencvaros 5-4 on aggregate in a preliminary round to reach the last eight, where they thumped Borussia Moenchengladbach 11-0 over two legs.

A 3-1 aggregate win over Wolves had Rangers supporters dreaming of continental triumph.

The first Cup-Winners' Cup final was the only two-legged affair until the competition was disbanded in 1999 to make way for an expanded Uefa Cup format.

Coppa Italia winners Fiorentina arrived in Glasgow for the first-leg in confident mood, having dismissed Lucerne and Dinamo Zagreb.

Rangers had reached the semi-final of the European Cup the previous season and had added Jim Baxter to the team for the 1960/61 campaign.

A back injury meant Jimmy Millar was absent from the all-Scottish Rangers side, though the club's top striker returned for the second leg.

With defenders Bobby Shearer and Eric Caldow behind players of the calibre of Baxter, Davie Wilson and Ian McMillan, Symon's team was not short of class.

The Fiorentina team, managed by the Hungarian N?ndor Hidegkuti, boasted a host of Italian internationals, including goalkeeper Enrico Albertosi, who went on to play in the famous 1970 World Cup final against Brazil.

Swedish winger Kurt Hamrin brought pace, trickery and goals to the Italian side. He had starred for his country in the 1958 World Cup finals and was a prolific scorer in Serie A.

Among the 80,000 fans at Ibrox on 17 May was Loreno Rinaldi, who travelled from Dumfries to Glasgow with other Scots-Italians and Rangers-supporting friends.

"In Dumfries we had an Italian football team called the Red Romans. Some Scots boys used to play for us and we went up together on the bus. We were all friendly," said Rinaldi.

"When we got back to the bus we noticed one or two Fiorentina flags were torn down. It got a bit heated.

"It was a bit scary to be in the ground, especially because Fiorentina won 2-0. We just had to keep quiet, not show we were Italian or we'd never have got out alive!"

The first half of the Ibrox leg was played at a frantic pace, with Rangers struggling to find a passing rhythm.

Luigi Milan scored twice for Fiorentina. For the opener on 12 minutes, winger Gianfranco Petris pounced on a weak Harold Davis pass-back to keeper Billy Ritchie and set up his team-mate to score.

Rangers' chance to equalise was presented by referee Erich Steiner, who awarded McMillan so soft a penalty that the Fiorentina assistant manager ran on to the pitch to confront the Austrian official.

Sadly for Rangers, Caldow put the spot-kick wide of the post.

Milan's second goal came in the last minute when he beat Shearer to a 50-50 ball, surged forward, worked a one-two on the edge of the box and beat Ritchie once more.

The Viola were well on their way to becoming the first Italian team to win a European trophy.

In the return leg the following week at the Stadio Comunale, Rangers' use of the long ball was ineffective as the tactically and technically superior Italians dismissed the Scots' efforts.

Again Milan scored after 12 minutes. Alex Scott scored on the hour mark to draw level before Hamrin added a second.

Rangers would lose another Cup-Winners' Cup final in 1967, to Bayern Munich, before tasting European victory in Barcelona in 1972 with a 3-2 win over Moscow Dynamo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers: Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Baxter, Wilson, McMillan, Scott, Brand, Hume (Millar replaced Hume for second leg).

Fiorentina: Albertosi, Robotti, Castelletti, Gonfiantini, Orzan, Rimbaldo, Hamrin, Micheli, Da Costa, Milan, Petris.

Jaffa
22nd April, 2008, 10:32 AM
Thomas Buffel has urged manager Walter Smith to give him a shot at European glory after a surprise return to action for Rangers.

The Belgian international was thrown into last weekend's Scottish Cup semi-final win over St Johnstone after only 11 minutes when Chris Burke was carried off on a stretcher with an ankle injury.
It was Buffel's first involvement since the 6-0 win over East Stirling in the same competition back in January and only his fourth appearance of the season.
He has struggled to force his way back into the first team after recovering from injury and he is desperate to play a role in Rangers' bid for an unprecedented quadruple.
"It has been a while since I played a game, but I have the semi-final in my legs now and I can be even better in the coming games - if the coach will allow me," said Buffel.

Surprised

"I didn't really expect it. All I did during training was to make sure I was fit.

"I could have said 'I'm not going to get a chance any more' and just left it at that. But that's not me.
"I would never have forgiven myself if I hadn't been fit when given the opportunity and not done well."
Buffel believes his versatility could help him get the nod from Smith to face Fiorentina with Smith favouring a 4-5-1 formation in European matches.
"It's an advantage, as he can use me in different positions - as one off the striker or on the left or right sides.
"This is the furthest I have gone in the Uefa Cup, but I played Champions League football with Feyenoord and I have played in the last 16.
"I have some experience of that - and it's good for a coach to have options like that if he has some players out.
"He has the option and I know what it's like to be there and what to do."

Future

Buffel has been linked with a summer move away from Ibrox, but the player says he is not thinking about his future and is only concentrating on helping Rangers to success.

"I don't want to think about that right now," Buffel said of his future.
"It's just good that I am playing a little bit of football and we will see what happens in the coming weeks.
"If I do play in that game, I will not be trying to sell myself.
"It will just be great to be back and to show the Rangers fans what I can do - and hopefully they can enjoy it."

allycoops
22nd April, 2008, 10:40 AM
Buffel is a quality player and i think he may now get a run in the team because of injurys etc

Something I was told as to why he hasnt featured in the team much so far isnt down to his footballing ability, Its down to cash and it aint Watties fault

Ive heard that if he was to make a few more appearances within a certain timescale we have to pay his former club a shit load of cash which SDM is avoiding doing, after that time scale has passed he is free to play as many games he is chosen to play

Changed Days Cash wise at Ibrox imo

allycoops
22nd April, 2008, 02:39 PM
SPL prepares for season extension

The Scottish Premier League has decided to extend its season by four days - until 22 May - if Rangers reach the Uefa Cup final.

It has taken the unprecedented step of publishing two sets of fixtures for the final set of games.

Rangers' title rivals, Celtic, had already warned of their opposition to any extension to the season.

But the SPL insists that there was no alternative because of the number of postponed fixtures this season.

Secretary Iain Blair said: "It is well documented that this has been an exceptionally challenging season in terms of fixturing.

"The combination of a number of diverse circumstances has produced unparalleled scheduling problems."

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had suggested that any extension would threaten the integrity of the competition.

And St Mirren had also stated that they had booked a team holiday and would therefore oppose any change.

But, should Rangers beat Fiorentina to reach the Uefa Cup final, St Mirren will have to host the Glasgow outfit on Tuesday 20 May.

"Our aim throughout has been to protect the integrity of the competition, balance the interests of our member clubs and have regard to player welfare and fixturing precedent," said Blair.

He described the proposal as "a modest extension to the season to enable Rangers FC to represent the SPL and all of Scottish football in the Uefa Cup final".

"It reflects the fact that the outstanding fixtures cannot reasonably be played in the available time and will involve some disruption for a number of our clubs," said Blair.

Rangers face four games in eight days whichever fixture list becomes reality.

If Rangers make the Uefa Cup final, the last round of fixtures for the top six clubs - which must be played at the same time on the same day - will take place on Thursday 22 May.

Rangers will also travel to Motherwell on 17 May, while Gretna's hosting of Hearts will be moved forward to 8 May.

If Rangers lose to Fiorentina, who visit Ibrox for the first leg on Thursday, Rangers will travel to face St Mirren on 13 May then Motherwell two days later

hutchyboi
22nd April, 2008, 09:18 PM
Former star angles for Rangers return

14:39 21/04/2008

Peter Lovenkrands is open to a move back to Ibrox in the summer

“I have always said that I would love to come back to Rangers and play for them again if at some point if it was possible,” the 29-year-old told the Scottish Mail on Sunday after a frustrating season in the Bundesliga.

“I have one year left on my Schalke contract and I have been led to believe that they want me to stay with them, so at this moment, I am not sure what is going to happen.

“I enjoy Germany and playing for Schalke. It is a vital time for the club, with changes to the coaching staff and the end of the season coming up, so we’ll need to wait and see.

“There’s not much more I can say for now.”

I really hope not to be honest. Yes he was one of the fastest players to ever grace the SPL but he was a bit like Novo for his finishing, too hit and miss for my liking

allycoops
22nd April, 2008, 09:27 PM
Ive also heard tonight from glasgow that Fernando Rickson will be back in the summer on a free

Jaffa
23rd April, 2008, 10:40 AM
Spanish star Carlos Cuellar has spoken of his intention to snub interest from England and commit his future to Rangers.
The defender has proved to be an inspirational signing since moving to Ibrox from Osasuna in the summer.
Cuellar?s consistent displays for Rangers have caught the eye of English teams, with Newcastle believed to be hugely impressed with his efforts.
The 26-year-old is aware of the interest from England, but is intent on furthering his career with Rangers.
"With the team playing so well and going for four trophies, it couldn't be any better than this,? Cuellar told the Daily Record. ?That is why I am not interested when people say there are other clubs interested in signing me.
"I know there is interest in England but let me be clear about this - I want to stay with Rangers for years.
?I could not be any more content with my life here."

Setanta sports

Devilfish
24th April, 2008, 07:03 PM
So what do you guys think the result will be tonight?

My heart says 2-0 but I think we'll be lucky if we scrape a 0-0 draw with the team we're putting out!

Jaffa
24th April, 2008, 07:06 PM
As long as it says Fiorentina nil then I will be happy enough.

Rangers team tonight

Alexander, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker, Davis, Hemdani, Novo, Darcheville.

allycoops
24th April, 2008, 07:11 PM
would love it to be 2-0 but I think we'll concede tonight and will be lucky to get a win. 2-1 Rangers, we never do things the easy way.

Little Davis has to play his heart out tonight.

rangers71
24th April, 2008, 07:55 PM
a think we will struggle to score tonight guys but we do need to score cause a dont think we will over ther the itialians defence is always ther strongest part of ther game but hopefully we get a bit of luck its about time rangers or celtic got a bit a luck in europe

rangers71
24th April, 2008, 07:57 PM
As u know I'm not a Rangers fan, but I reckon this will be a great thread and I hope I'm allowed to make the occaisional post. :)

How do you all feel after Sundays match?

Pretty poor, infact it was shameful.

Opinions guys?

its good to see a celtic man like your self m8 being honest a wish every rangers and celtic fan was like that and yes feel free to post your views anytime bud
and as for sundays match we wer rotten simple as that but lets hope they get the finger out for sundays game

spatton
26th April, 2008, 06:39 PM
Agree, Buffel is a quality play and needs a run in the team.

I am really impressed by how Walter and Coisty have engrained that winning spirit again. will all the great young players coming throught the ranks, the prospects look great going forward. Murry Park has produced some great players!!

allycoops
27th April, 2008, 07:58 AM
Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura is expected to shrug off an ankle injury picked up in training to face Rangers in Sunday's top-of-the-table clash.

Defender Gary Caldwell and midfielder Scott Brown are both available again after suspension.

Carlos Cuellar and Kevin Thomson are suspended for Rangers, although Barry Ferguson is available after being banned from midweek Uefa Cup action.

Six members of the first-team squad are missing through injury.

Goalkeeper Allan McGregor, midfielders Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch, DaMarcus ~~~~~~~ and Chris Burke, plus striker Steven Naismith, are ruled out.

The reigning champions Celtic go into the game two points ahead of Rangers, but the visitors have three games in hand.

Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, Wilson, McManus, Caldwell, Balde, Naylor, S Brown, Nakamura, Hartley, McGeady, Robson, Donati, McDonald, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Samaras, Caddis, M Brown.

Rangers (from): Alexander, Broadfoot, Weir, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker, Ferguson, Davis, Hemdani, Novo, Darcheville, G Smith, Buffel, Cousin, Boyd, S Smith, Gow, Furman.

allycoops
27th April, 2008, 07:59 AM
Walter Smith has criticised Celtic's Peter Lawwell over his claims that the integrity of the SPL would be harmed by an extension to the season.

"Peter Lawwell appears to be the chairman of the sporting integrity committee for the SPL," said the Rangers manager of the chief executive.

"Peter would be better coming out and saying he wants Rangers to play four games in a week.

"It suits his team and helps their quest to retain the championship."

The Ibrox club will have to play four games in eight days in the chase for the title.

If Rangers manage a score draw or better against Fiorentina on Thursday in the second-leg of the Uefa Cup semi-final, they will reach the final to be held in Manchester on 14 May.

In this case, the SPL season would be extended from Sunday 18 May to Thursday 22 May.

If Rangers do not reach the Uefa Cup final, they must still contest four league games within eight days, with two extra league games being squeezed into the vacated Uefa Cup final week.

The four matches in that run are Saturday 10 May Dundee United (H), Tuesday 15 May St Mirren (A), Thursday 17 May Motherwell (A) and Sunday 18 May Aberdeen (A).

Having defeated St Johnstone after extra-time and penalties in the Scottish Cup semi-final, Rangers will face Queen of the South on Saturday 24 May, less than 48 hours after their last league match, at Pittodrie.

It is this hectic run and Lawwell's remarks that have riled Smith.

"If it was the other way about, I would be hoping that Celtic had to play four games in a week," said Smith.

"So he should be honest about it instead of trying to hide behind what he is calling sporting integrity.

"He's doing what he feels is the right for his club by saying the season shouldn't be extended, but he's doing it for his own reasons.

"The thing that bothers me most is that the SPL have this season acceded to every request Celtic have made."

Smith suggests that the league administrators would have known that "one of the biggest games of the season" was being scheduled between two semi-finals involving his side.

"I don't mind playing four games in a week," he said. "Celtic are using that situation to their advantage, but that's what it's all about.

"We have got to overcome that if we are to win the championship.

"The most galling aspect is that they have given Celtic everything they asked for and Peter is still complaining."

The Rangers manager added that more should be made of the benefits to be enjoyed by Scottish football by his team's run in the Uefa Cup.

"If Rangers are helping raise the profile of Scottish football, helping raise the co-efficient and giving us extra European places, then surely we should be getting a little bit of help," he added.

"If the SPL think that's the way to treat their teams then that's fine. But, over the piece, I think my own club has been treated unfairly."

merchant22
27th April, 2008, 09:45 AM
well lads all the geers need is to score 1 goal and i tink thats game over:):):):)

toto67
28th April, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hey,WTF happened to my post G?:thumpdown:

cgy
29th April, 2008, 05:18 PM
Going by your badge probably just as well your post was removed... at the wind up were you??

Jaffa
29th April, 2008, 05:23 PM
Rangers manager Walter Smith says David Weir has an outside chance of playing against Hibernian on Sunday.
The player misses the Uefa Cup semi-final in Florence, but scans showed his injury is not as bad as first feared.
Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam could also return to the side for the visit of Motherwell to Ibrox on 7 May.
And Chris Burke is nearly over the ankle knock he received against St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup.
Weir became an injury worry after pulling up during Rangers' match at Celtic Park on Sunday.
The club's medical experts had feared that a torn adductor muscle in his thigh would bring a premature end to his season.
And Smith is relieved that one of his top performers will not have an extended spell on the sidelines.
"Davie won't make Thursday night, which is a blow considering how important a player he is for us," he told the Rangers website. "But he does have a chance for Sunday."

Midfielders McCulloch and Adam were expected to sit out the remainder of the campaign.
However, Adam has started light training again, while McCulloch's foot injury is recovering quickly.
Smith's squad will have to dig deep with a potential four matches in six days should they make the Uefa Cup final.
"We hope to have some of them back soon, as the injury list is obviously a concern with the schedule we have," said the Rangers boss. "If we can get the likes of Chris, Lee, and Charlie back into the squad it will increase our options."

BBC Sport

davieboy.rfc
30th April, 2008, 09:56 PM
the poss of davie weir back in the defence with carlos would give everybody attached 2 the club a boost he trained today and showed no pain so i hope he will play tomoro as i dont want 2 c amdy faye in a gers shirt again.

davieboy...

davidharvey75
30th April, 2008, 11:00 PM
Just thought i'd say good luck to the Gers on thursday. Not a gers fan (nor celtic) but you got to support any scottish team in europe. On the Gers.

Jaffa
1st May, 2008, 10:31 PM
I dont know whether to laugh or cry...I just feel so happy about this. Its one of those things that people say it was always going to be Zenith St Petersburg with Dicko V the bears. Cuellar proved to me why he is (imho) the best player of the year...an excellent performance by him. It wasn't a pretty performance by us but we are there.

allycoops
1st May, 2008, 10:51 PM
I cant believe it Jaffa, we were under so much pressure and with just 1 or 2 chances at goal all night, the defence was superb adn culler in particular was amazing, best in scotland yes defo.

get in, now the hunt begins for tickets, two please if anyone gets any, lol

Saltire
1st May, 2008, 11:03 PM
WELL DONE TO THE GLASGOW RANGERS :dancing:

I watched that game and was as nervous as ive ever been towards the end and eventually penalties, but well done to the GERS, I dont even think alexander had to make a serious save apart from the penaltie, rangers defence blocked every single thing, simply SUPERBBBBBBBB. well done.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well done the Filth! :)

Get those holidays booked for the final :)

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hey witchy...I know you wanted Gers to win...but I would have loved to see the grin on your face when your favorite Rangers player (Fergie) missed that pen....:rofl::rofl:

gazz10
2nd May, 2008, 03:29 PM
congrats to THEM, when the keeper saved barry's i was delighted never been a fan of him even when was in english prem. even dislike him playing for scotland.

Well there there now and i expect it to be an intresting run in to the final.

Intresting reading that Zenit St Petersburg fans have a no black policy surely fifa should look into this.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hey witchy...I know you wanted Gers to win...but I would have loved to see the grin on your face when your favorite Rangers player (Fergie) missed that pen....:rofl::rofl:

lol, I shouted "you stupid bastard!" at the telly mate. :)

How did you feel when he missed it?

I bet the blood drained from you.

I really hate penalties, it's a terrible way to settle a match, IMO after the 30 mins extra time they should arrange a rematch.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 03:37 PM
Intresting reading that Zenit St Petersburg fans have a no black policy surely fifa should look into this.

If that's true then they should be kicked out and the title awarded to Rangers before even kicking a ball!

Racist ~~~~s.

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 03:41 PM
lol, I shouted "you stupid bastard!" at the telly mate. :)

How did you feel when he missed it?

I bet the blood drained from you.

My arse contracted...lol

Is that even allowed now....they should never be allowed to play in any league if it is true.

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 03:56 PM
Never knew that about st petersburg, you got a link to that ??

Re the game and the pens, I had to get up and walk away from TV when it went to extra time, then again when it went to pens.

When Barry missed it I just sank into the chair and you get that horrible feeling in your guts, you know what I mean.

I read this somewhere else this morning and it pretty much somes up being a Rangers supporter and all footie supporters in general and how much football means to us

When you were a youngster and you got your very first Rangers top for
your birthday or Christmas or even from an older brother,
it never mattered how you got it, all that mattered was you were the
bees knees when you pulled it over your head.
You grew in stature, you had a sense of belonging, whether you wanted to
be Jim Baxter, Colin Stein, Willie Henderson, Derek Parlane,
Bobby Russell, Davie Cooper or Super Ally, when you wore that top
for the first time it was your destiny to go on a footballing
rollercoaster until the day you die.

Last night reached the top so lets all enjoy it and get behind the
Rangers for the remaining fixtures. Here's to the quadruple, its on.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

gazz10
2nd May, 2008, 04:09 PM
i heard it on the phone in before game last night and then after abit of google work found alsorts relating to it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/international-football/2008/04/26/racist-fans-won-t-let-me-sign-a-black-player-admits-dick-advocaat-86908-20395349/

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 04:16 PM
Cheers Gazz.

Very hard thing to prove if any footballing body wanted to ban them, thats the problem.

gazz10
2nd May, 2008, 04:24 PM
yip so true, it will be nice to see if there is any chants from the supporters when they meet rangers, Marseille received abuse when the meet them earlier in the eufa cup, monkey chants and banana throwing etc, but with the game being held in manchester i doubt there will be a big travelling support from them.

No need for stuff like this in football nowadays.

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 04:33 PM
I see PSG have been banned from french cup for a year after their fans unveiled a banner at a game saying something about northern french people

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 04:59 PM
rangers special supplement from the herald

Saltire
2nd May, 2008, 06:37 PM
Anyways, who cares about all that pish , thing is THE GERSSSS ARE IN THE UEFA CUP FINAL, well done to the lads, bloody well done :dancing:

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 06:39 PM
you going Thomson, manchester??

is anybody going from here?

Saltire
2nd May, 2008, 06:50 PM
you going Thomson, manchester??

is anybody going from here?

nahh, iam not going but my brother says hes going and me pal too

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 08:44 PM
Apparently it has been on the radio that Old Trafford and Ibrox both may show the game on big screens, not sure if its true though but would be a really sensible idea

gazz10
2nd May, 2008, 09:15 PM
Apparently it has been on the radio that Old Trafford and Ibrox both may show the game on big screens, not sure if its true though but would be a really sensible idea

that sounds a good idea. After all 80 thousand went to seville, so am expecting the same or more in manchester as its only a couple of hours down the road from glasgow and no passport control at the border

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:27 PM
Never knew that about st petersburg, you got a link to that ??

Re the game and the pens, I had to get up and walk away from TV when it went to extra time, then again when it went to pens.

When Barry missed it I just sank into the chair and you get that horrible feeling in your guts, you know what I mean.

I read this somewhere else this morning and it pretty much somes up being a Rangers supporter and all footie supporters in general and how much football means to us

That's a good post mate :)

I'll never forget the 1st time i pulled on a Celtic top, I was about 9 (I had lived in South Africa up until I was 8 - not much coverage of the SPL over there in the 70's, lol) - anyway my aunt had bought me a new celtic top and a pair of football boots, how smart did I feel as i laced up my boots, sitting there in my green shorts and new Celtic top!?!

I remember running around pretending I was Jimmy Johnstone, Bertie Auld etc - basically I was everyone of the Lisbon Lions all rolled into one wee 9 year old ;)

Jaffa
3rd May, 2008, 07:51 AM
Walter Smith has no intention of walking away from Rangers just yet - but he would be thrilled to see Ally McCoist installed as his successor when he does quit the Ibrox hotseat.
McCoist took his first steps into coaching with the Scotland set-up when Smith was national team coach, before joining his old manager as his assistant at Rangers when Smith returned to the Govan club.
The Gers boss penned a three-and-a-half year deal in January 2007 and has no intention of quitting at the end of the season even if winning a quadruple would allow him to go out in a blaze of glory.
But when Smith, 60, finally decides to call it a day, he believes Rangers already have a ready-made replacement in former star striker McCoist.
"There is nothing set about Ally's future," he said.
"If it happened like that then I would be really pleased, but there is no intention on my part to maybe win four trophies and then leave.
"McCoist is different. A guy like myself and Kenny McDowell have worked our way up through the system from reserve team coaching, but for Ally, it is all new on a full-time basis.
"He got a taste of it with the national team and he gave up a lot to come to Rangers - he took the job knowing that if it didn't go well, it might not last long!"
Rangers' success in overcoming Fiorentina on penalties on Thursday night allowed Smith to join an elite list of Scottish managers who have guided teams to European finals.
But he insisted: " I've never really bothered about the personal aspect that much. I've never felt comfortable with that.
"Wee Jim (McLean), Jock Stein, Willie Waddell, Alex Ferguson... It's great to take a team to a European final and you could see how much it meant to Alex the other night.
"I don't think I need to prove to anybody that I can manage or coach a team.
"The only thing I ever bother about is winning - I like to win and we have surpassed my expectations in terms of that this year.
"If your team gets to a European final, the manager gets a bit of recognition and that's the nice part of it.
"But we also take a hit when things are not so good."
Smith is relishing his second spell at Ibrox but revealed a sabbatical from the game after leaving Everton could have been permanent had the Scottish Football Association not come calling.
He added: "The two years out were good. I was lucky - a lot of unemployed people can't afford to be. I could afford to be unemployed and it gave me an opportunity to sit back and look.
"I was able to go to games and watch teams without the pressure of having to manage. I found that really refreshing and that gave me a desire to come back.
"The Scotland job came at a good time after my three-month spell at Manchester United. Before that, it wouldn't have bothered me if I hadn't received an offer to come back into the game.
"I would have quite happily finished."
Meanwhile, Smith will wait until the end of the campaign before holding contract talks with veteran defender David Weir, who turns 38 this month.
"There's no problem but his family is settled in England," Smith said.
"The travelling has not affected him, but we'll see what his thoughts are at the end of the season."

Sporting Life

allycoops
3rd May, 2008, 08:23 AM
I think Walter will see his 3 & half year contract out and i'd love to see Ally take over with Ian Durrant assistant. all three have Blue Blood and thats what matters imo,

JamesieM
3rd May, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hi guys....spotted this thread when I've been trying to get to grips with my dads dbox.

Congratulations to Rangers for getting to teh Uefa final. I've got my hotel booked and reckon I've got a 30% chance in the ballot for a ticket.

Regardless, There are 6 of us heading to Manchester to party for two days.

Of my mates who are Celtic fans, (although they all hate the Rangers), some are happy for me to get the time away and party like they did in 2003 when they went over. It means a lot to us Bears to get to this stage.

I'd urge anyone who can get the time off to head down (or up).

gazz10
3rd May, 2008, 10:45 AM
found out today my other half her pal sister and man have got theres they got theres from novo himself there pals with novo since he arrived at rangers, he even did some of the tats that novo got .

allycoops
3rd May, 2008, 11:13 AM
lucky buggers , Ive got my feelers out for a couple but I aint hopeful to tell ya the truth and theres no way Im paying the silly prices on the bay,

Glad to see peeps reporting the touts and getting the tickets removed from there, scumbags putting tickets up for ?8000 buy it now FFS

Tizzer22
4th May, 2008, 06:25 PM
Rangers have made the league very exciting today by drawing 0-0, Celtic cant afford to loose anymore games now and if Rangers draw again before the end of the season its going down to goal diffrence.

C'MON THE HOOPS!!! :rock:

Jaffa
4th May, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think that was our hardest away game left but I just dont know where the goals are going to come from....I reckon Celtic will trip up aswell before end of season.

Tizzer22
4th May, 2008, 07:02 PM
I think that was our hardest away game left but I just dont know where the goals are going to come from....I reckon Celtic will trip up aswell before end of season.

I think Celtic will struggle with Hibs, Rangers will have a tough one against Motherwell as they almost drew with Celtic on Saturday and also Dundee Utd aint no fools, but at the moment the way Celtic have been playing it wouldint surprise me if we loss points before the end.

allycoops
5th May, 2008, 11:51 PM
heres the official travel advice booklet for Rangers fans for Manchester,

may come in handy for any lads going down the road,

map of the city,car parks, Fan zone etc

allycoops
6th May, 2008, 10:55 AM
UNDER-FIRE SPL bosses were last night on the verge of a dramatic cave-in to help Rangers in their bid for UEFA Cup glory.

the astonishing U-turn, which will see the season extended by a full week, should be completed today when executive chairman Lex Gold tables an eleventh hour plan to postpone the Scottish Cup Final.

Gold's climbdown, which came about at the end of a day of frantic phone calls and furious rows, will allow the Ibrox club to pull the plug on this Saturday's Ibrox showdown with Dundee United - and give Walter Smith and his players a free week to prepare to play against Zenit St Petersburg for the UEFA Cup in Manchester on May 14.

But it will also enrage Celtic who fear their title defence could be wrecked by giving Rangers more breathing space.

The dramatic new twist came at teatime last night when Gold and secretary Ian Blair found themselves under pressure from SFA president George Peat as well as Rangers chief executive Martin Bain.

Peat was all set to march into the SPL's offices first thing this morning and insist the league be extended to help Rangers get ready for their date with destiny against Dick Advocaat's side.

Both Peat and SFA chief exceutive Gordon Smith believe it would be grossly unfair to force Rangers into playing a crucial league match just four days before they attempt to make history at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Peat told Record Sport: "We should be doing everything in our power to help a Scottish club win in Europe."

Now Peat will have to agree to put back his organisation's own end-of-season showpiece, Rangers v Queen of the South at Hampden.

But sources close to the talks are sure a deal can be struck and expect Gold to make an announcement this afternoon.

It seemed far off yesterday at lunchtime when, Record Sport can reveal, Rangers had a request to postpone Saturday's game turned down flat.

This sparked fury from Bain who demanded Gold think again. Then, when it became clear the SFA were about to wade into the argument and take Rangers' side, it emerged Gold and Blair were beginning to wobble on their previous hard-line stance.

Rangers had been hoping the SPL would follow the lead set by the Russian authorities who have bent over backwards to assist Advcocaat in his quest to land a European prize.

But the the SPL stood firm, demanding Smith's team face United as planned - four days before the game in Manchester.

SPL spokesman Greg Mailer said: "The SPL has decided that we will be pressing on with the fixture model which was announced on April 22, with the season to finish on May 22.

"We can confirm we have received a request from Rangers to postpone their fixture with Dundee United on Saturday. We are unable to do that for a number of different factors one of which is the need for the final round of league matches to be played with simultaneous kick-off times.

"This is necessary to ensure that no one club can gain an advantage over another club in terms of winning the championship or qualification for Europe through the UEFA Cup."

But just hours later, as the pressure mounted, league bosses cracked and informed Rangers they were examining a compromise.

That plan will see Gold ask the SFA to reschedule the Cup Final for May 31.

However, this is guaranteed to spark further controversy as by then First Division minnows Queen of the South would have been idle for five weeks.

Celtic are sure to be spitting feathers also over yet another delay to the season.

Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell was furious at the initial extension of just four days, which was made to assist Rangers' Euro run.

Celtic might even consider a legal challenge to this latest act of goodwill towards their rivals.

Gordon Strachan's side are seven points clear at the top of the table but Rangers have three games in hand.

Understandably, Celtic had been hoping for Rangers to trip up amid the fixture congestion.

However, the SFA are adamant everything possible should be done to assist Smith's men in their bid to become only the fourth Scottish team to win a European trophy.

Peat said: "It's not important that it's Rangers. What matters is that this country has to help one of its own clubs succeed in such a big arena.

"The SPL should be turning somersaults because a Scottish club are in a European final and must reconsider the decision not to postpone Saturday's match."

Ex-Rangers boss Advocaat even expressed his amazemant that the Scottish authorities wouldn't help own of their own clubs but the SFA are out to put that right.

Peat added: "The Dundee United match can be moved and should be moved.

"We should all be doing our utmost to ensure the Scottish club's chances of winning in Europe are enhanced.

"I don't understand why it should be any other way. I really don't see why they can't move this game.

"The SPL have to tell the SFA when they will finish their season and we agree to that so we can then agree to a further extension.

"We have to accept these are exceptional circumstances.

"We have a Scottish club in a European final and if we can't help them there is something wrong.

"It would be exactly the same if it were Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee United, any of the others.

"There is an opportunity here to improve the Scottish profile.

"Everything possible should be done and that's what we'll be telling the SPL in the morning."

Rangers were staying tight lipped last night, although Bain is hopeful the saga will finally be resolved today.

allycoops
6th May, 2008, 12:25 PM
league aint getting extended,

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10002~1306624,00.html

Jaffa
6th May, 2008, 12:58 PM
This should be good for those who cant ravel to Manchester.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1306267,00.html

Saltire
6th May, 2008, 05:17 PM
is tommorra nights game on anywhere, the internet or telly i mean, anyone know ?

gazz10
6th May, 2008, 05:37 PM
yeah its on sentana sports 1

19:00 Live: Rangers vs. Motherwell
Live Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier drama from Ibrox as Rangers host Motherwell. The Gers need a win to close the gap on Celtic while Motherwell hunt UEFA Cup qualification.

Saltire
6th May, 2008, 05:43 PM
yeah its on sentana sports 1

19:00 Live: Rangers vs. Motherwell
Live Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier drama from Ibrox as Rangers host Motherwell. The Gers need a win to close the gap on Celtic while Motherwell hunt UEFA Cup qualification.

yeeeeehaaaaaaaa :dancing:

JamesieM
6th May, 2008, 09:29 PM
heres the official travel advice booklet for Rangers fans for Manchester,

may come in handy for any lads going down the road,

map of the city,car parks, Fan zone etc

Cheers mate, just downloaded it into my phone. Getting excited now, got two games to go then its the party at the rovers return!

Got a promise of tickets but not going to believe it till their in my hands on Friday.

Any other bears heading down for the match or party?

allycoops
7th May, 2008, 11:37 AM
MANCHESTER will set up special `fan zones' - serving food and drink - when up to
60,000 Glasgow Rangers fans arrive for the Uefa cup final.

The city is bracing itself for a tartan invasion for the showpiece match at the
City of Manchester stadium in two weeks' time.

Only 13,000 Rangers supporters have tickets for the game - but tens of thousands
more are set to come to Manchester to soak up the atmosphere.

It is estimated the number of coaches already booked to travel down from Glasgow
would stretch 13 miles if laid bumper-to-bumper.

Council chiefs and police say they are well prepared and have already earmarked
Albert Square and Piccadilly Gardens for fan zones.

There will also be live entertainment and Castlefield will host a series of
three-a-side football tournaments for young people from across the city.

The cup final - which will see Rangers take on Zenit St Petersburg, of Russia -
is expected to be worth ?5m to Manchester.

Police predicted a peaceful event and called on pubs, bars and other businesses
to open as normal.

Pat Karney, the council's city centre spokesman, said: "It's going to be a
fantastic busy day and we are making plans so that everyone can enjoy
themselves.

Ambassadors

"There will be dedicated zones for the football fans. Fans will be ambassadors
for their clubs and their cities, so our message to them is: please don't let
down your home city.

"Manchester is excellent at hosting major events and - just like the
Commonwealth Games and major political conferences - we want people to welcome
our visitors and enjoy the busy atmosphere."

Chief Superintendent Gerry Donnellan, of Greater Manchester Police, said:
"Manchester loves its football and we are delighted that the city is hosting
this final.

"Everyone is looking forward to hosting both sets of fans.

"We are experts in policing major football events and we want the day to be as
enjoyable as possible for supporters, residents and businesses.

"Everyone in Manchester has a part to play in creating an enjoyable and busy
atmosphere. We want pubs and hotels to be open and to be properly staffed so
that we can give visitors a proper welcome."

The council will also put up signs and shuttle buses to help fans with tickets
get from the city centre to the stadium.

Rangers fans are also being encouraged to stay in Glasgow, with the match due to
be screened at their home stadium, Ibrox.

allycoops
7th May, 2008, 02:14 PM
Heres a cracker Lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubr5-gEY3uA

allycoops
7th May, 2008, 03:07 PM
If youve bought or intend buying Tickets on the black market , have a read below and dont get a dud.

There is a paper thin RFID chip inside the ticket.

This can be seen by holding up any ticket to a light

It's the size of half the ticket.

There is then a shadow of an arrow pointing down to the bottom corner.

Of course on the front there is a name, serial number and seat details.

No stub for tear off, must be electronic entry, hence the chip

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3767/img7735st2.jpg

allycoops
7th May, 2008, 05:27 PM
score for tonight lads, what do you reckon.

2-0

Cousin and Boyd

Tizzer22
7th May, 2008, 08:44 PM
score for tonight lads, what do you reckon.

2-0

Cousin and Boyd

Still 0-0 im gonna go with 1-1..

allycoops
7th May, 2008, 09:44 PM
well that will do me nicely 1-0

There's a charity prize draw that was launched tonight (Wednesday) on the REAL RADIO FOOTBALL PHONE IN with Ewan and Roughy.
It's in aid of British Heart Foundation Scotland Forth Valley Appeal

Text lines open tomorrow night THURSDAY 10 MAY.

It's a text competition...

ONLY TEXT FROM THURSDAY AFTER THEY LAUNCH THE COMPETITION only.......Text the word "POUND" to 61001 with your name and town and you automatically go into the draw for the tickets.

Someone will get a bargain!

Tune into the Real Radio Phone-in Thursday night for your chance to be in Manchester

DON'T MISS OUT !!

Saltire
8th May, 2008, 12:28 AM
waeeeeheyyyyyyyyyyy, the quad goes on :)

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 09:16 AM
instead of closing the fan zones ant 5pm theyve changed their minds and will show the game on large screens

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/site/scripts/news_article.php?newsID=3628

UEFA Cup Final fans WILL see match on big screens

Published Thursday 8th May 08 in Leisure, libraries and culture news

Fans in Manchester for the UEFA Cup Final WILL get the chance to watch the match on big outdoor screens at fan zones.

Screens will be placed at key places in the city centre - Albert Square and Piccadilly Gardens - adding to the thousands of chances to see the match already provided by pubs and clubs.

There will be no screens at or near the City of Manchester Stadium.

Manchester City Council's spokesman on the city centre, Councillor Pat Karney, said:

"Manchester is looking forward to welcoming fans from Rangers FC and from FC Zenit St Petersburg for a day to remember on 14 May.

"Our city is well used to friendly invasions of many thousands of visitors for major events like the UEFA Cup Final.

"Fans zones with entertainment and access to food and drink throughout the day have always been part of our plans for this event.

"In the light of Rangers qualifying for the final and the massive reported demand from fans for bigger and better provision, we've arranged for big outdoor screens for fans to watch the match.

"Pubs and clubs across the city will also provide opportunities for many thousands of fans to enjoy the match and soak of the atmosphere of the big day.

"I'm confident that Manchester will give a very warm welcome to fans from Rangers and from Zenit and that all fans will have a fabulous day."

Detailed information about fan zones, travel and parking arrangements will be available through the Council's website www.manchester.gov.uk within the next few days.

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 12:55 PM
Good article from Chick, adding his voice in full support of our situation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7388547.stm

It is time, my friends, to put a bomb under the administration of our game.

Let's blow it to smithereens and start all over again.

The Scottish Premier League, who hijacked the top-level of football in this country and promised a golden dawn, have instead led us to a place as dark as the midnight hour.

They could not find a new world with the help of Christopher Columbus.

Sir David Murray is right. The rest of the world must be in stitches at us.

We are the Morecambe and Wise of the European game.

It's the Scottish way. Applaud Rangers for what they have done, but help them? You have to be joking.

This is the equivalent of putting on Jimmy Shand records at a ceilidh and nailing the cheuchters' feet to the floor. It's that cruel.

They only asked for the postponement of one fixture.

And can I remind you that the Ibrox club's only crime was to succeed in a European competition where no allowance is made in our fixture list for such a ridiculous thing to happen.

The Scottish domestic season is built on the premise that our clubs will have bowed out of European competition before Christmas.

As winter faded and spring dawned and Rangers ploughed on, SPL executives must have been slipping slowly under their desks.

Some happenings were beyond their control, for example the tragic death of Phil O'Donnell.

Postponing the games then, as a mark of respect, was the right thing to do.

But matches were called off for the sake of the international team and then there was the weather.

None of this was Rangers's fault.

They did ask for the postponement of the game against Gretna to accommodate a build-up to a Champions League game, but that game was fitted in a long time ago.

And now the SPL, not content to have dug themselves into the deepest of holes, send out to the garden centre for a couple of shovels.

If only they had asked, I'm sure Rangers would have sent them a JCB.

This cannot be allowed to happen again.

And if they have any honour about them a few blazers are going to have to take a bullet.

For a start, eliminate this farcical situation where three bodies administrate one game.

The SFA, the SPL, the SFL - three offices in one Hampden corridor but seemingly worlds apart.

They cannot organise tickets for Scotland games, a decent standard of refereeing and now, the support of one of our clubs which has done the country proud.

It cannot go on.

And if they don't have the answers, there are plenty out there who do.

Last weekend on BBC Radio Scotland's Your Call, I heard a woman called Jeannette talk more sense in two minutes than I've heard from an administrator all season.

Her plan was to make the split after the clubs had played each other twice and then the top six and bottom six would play one another twice.

This would reduce the fixture jam by half a dozen games and thereby create space for our European representation.

The woman is a genius. Give her the top job. Now.

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 08:48 PM
Announced today that Alex Miller is going to be the manager of JEF United in China.

C64
8th May, 2008, 09:40 PM
Anyone else feel that the 25k capacity for the live beam-back to Ibrox is nowhere near enough?

I reckon they'd have been better off putting that massive screen somewhere like Bellahouson Park or Glasgow Green. I can see thousands of sad kids getting turned away from Ibrox once the 25k capacity is reached.

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 09:55 PM
Turn up by 19.15 or you wont get in, lol Ibrox will be full by 5pm witchy, its a shame mate and they should have had a screen somewhere else too, the screen they are flying in is one of only 2 in the world supposed to be 110 feet wide.
now thats a ~~~~in telly. free program for all teh kids and supposed to be free buses running from city centre.

Think theres gona be alot of disappointed peeps everywhere inc manchester over tickets , double hotel bookings etc,

Central station in glasgow will be a nightmare on wed as will the trains, they reckon they are filled five times over with rail staff told to keep on taking bookings, even though there wont be enough room on the trains etc.all the fans wont get on and will have to wait till the next available one

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 11:43 PM
Fanzone area

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/256.$plit/C_71_article_1048728_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?08%2F05%2F2008%2008%3A25%3A00%3A319

video news from manchester

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1138292711/bctid1542695338

allycoops
9th May, 2008, 12:35 PM
Fans warned: Don?t turn up if you haven?t booked a seat

by Jonathan Paisley

THOUSANDS of Rangers fans with train tickets to Manchester could be turned away at Glasgow Central.

Virgin Trains have warned supporters who have bought tickets without seat numbers that there is little chance there will be any room for them on the packed trains.

More than 9000 seats have been snapped up for Manchester-bound services on May 13 and 14. The situation affects fans with Open or Saver tickets planning to travel to the Uefa Cup Final.

The train company will be operating a queue system at Central Station and fans with seat reservations will get priority boarding.

advertisementThe problem for Virgin is they just don't know how many Open and Saver tickets have been bought since they are on sale across the UK Extra standing capacity will then be offered to passengers with advance tickets without allocated seats, with the others at the end of the queue, unlikely to be able to get on the train.

Virgin Trains spokesman Allan McLean said: "Our advice to passengers without a reserved seat is to take the ticket back and request a refund.

"We have decided to warn fans in advance rather than ruin their day by having them turn up and be disappointed by being unable to travel to the match.

"Anybody not holding a seat reservation runs the risk of not being able to travel on their preferred service."

Mr McLean added: "We will be doing everything we can on the day to try to accommodate everyone who wants to travel.

"We have 3000 seats out of Glasgow on Wednesday and we are running at capacity."

First Trans Pennine Express will also be running trains from Glasgow to Manchester.

Meanwhile, Rangers fans have booked almost every available hotel room in the north-west of England for next week's final.

Travelling supporters have filled an estimated 50,000 beds in Greater Manchester and nearly as many again in Blackpool - the resort that is fast turning into a base camp for the Scottish fans ahead of the clash with Zenit St Petersburg.

Tourism officials in Manchester yesterday admitted they were recommending Rangers fans look for accommodation as far away as Leeds.

Rangers fans were forced to compete for hotel rooms with mortgage advisers, who are holding a major conference in Manchester next week.

Thousands of supporters have chosen to go to Blackpool, which has 2000 hotels and guesthouses with space for 60,000 people.

Publication date 09/05/08

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display...2258933.0.0.php

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 02:30 PM
Hamburg fans @ Rangers last night.

allycoops
9th May, 2008, 06:25 PM
Now thats one Guy I'd love to see wearing a Rangers Jersey again

Bayern Munich have already reached an agreement with AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, according to reports.

The Italy international has been targeted by the Bundesliga club to boost their team for an assault on the Champions League next season while striker Luca Toni has repeatedly stated he would welcome a compatriot in the Bayern team next season.

According to Italy's Italia 1 television, the Bavarians have been able to convince the 30-year-old to join with a lucrative contract offer and are now set for talks with his club over a fee.

Earlier this week, Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer claimed Gattuso would be "perfect" for Bayern.

With Milan having signed Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal, Gattuso may now be allowed to leave should the club receive the right offer, believed to be around 20million euros.

The Rossoneri may also ask for unsettled Bayern full-back Willy Sagnol as a makeweight for a deal, according to reports in Italy and Germany.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

allycoops
9th May, 2008, 06:54 PM
All discussions regarding arrangements for supporters of Rangers Football Club travelling to Manchester next week for the UEFA Cup Final have now taken place. The culmination of negotiations was the attendance at a Press Conference at Ibrox of the Police Commander for the event together with the Deputy Chief Executive of Manchester City Council.
Chief Superintendent Gerry Donnellan of Greater Manchester Police dispelled rumours that Rangers supporters would not be welcome in Manchester next week as some press reports had alleged. All supporters travelling to Manchester can expect a warm welcome and a wide range of facilities are being provided to ensure that our supporters enjoy the event whether in the City Centre or at the Stadium. The following information is provided for the guidance of supporters.
? All supporters are urged to visit the website of Manchester City Council where continual updates on a wide variety of supporter related issues will be provided from now until the match, please visit http://www.manchester.gov.uk/site/index.php

? Supporters are travelling to Manchester on a variety of routes and using various modes of transport. Clearly with numbers up to 100,000 expected to travel there will be considerable pressure on the transport infrastructure. Supporters are advised to leave extra time for travel particularly those using the M6 and associated routes to travel south.

? Guidance on coach parking and car parking will be updated for supporters over this weekend and it is important that supporters refer to the above website. This site will advise supporters of routes to be followed to the Stadium and parking arrangements. Supporters wishing to park at the Stadium in coaches should register at the following site - harry.worgan@gmpte.gov.uk.

? In Manchester City Centre there are now 3 dedicated Fanzones which can accommodate a total of 23,000 supporters. These Fanzones are located as follows:
o Albert Square in the City Centre of Manchester adjacent to the Town Hall, is the main Fanzone dedicated to Rangers Supporters and holds approx 10,000 people.
o Cathedral Gardens is a smaller Fanzone also in the City Centre close to the Arndale Shopping Centre and is also dedicated to Rangers Supporters, this area can accommodate 5,000 people.
o Piccadilly Gardens is the third Fanzone and is primarily allocated to Zenit St Petersburg supporters and can hold around 8,000 people.

? Fanzones will open at 9 o?clock with alcohol being on sale from 10 o?clock onwards at Albert Square and 11 o?clock at Cathedral Gardens.

? It is important for supporters to recognise that the Fanzones themselves are accessible without tickets and are essentially freeflow areas. Despite the above information Rangers supporters and Russian supporters will be allowed to mix freely throughout the City including in the Fanzones. Effectively the whole City Centre has now been designated as one giant Fanzone with several main thoroughfares closed to traffic allowing supporters to move around freely. Alcohol will be sold at bars in all Fanzones although the closure time of these bars has not yet been decided by the Police.

? The Piccadilly Gardens Fanzone, although intended primarily for the Russian supporters will be available for use by Rangers supporters from kick off onwards due to the fact that most Russian supporters will have tickets for the match. The Police anticipate almost total use of this area by Rangers fans from this time onwards.

? One of the most important issues for supporters without tickets going to Manchester is the opportunity to view the match on giant screens in the Fanzones. It has now been announced that there will be 2 large screens in Albert Square, 2 large screens in Cathedral Gardens and 1 giant screen at Piccadilly Gardens. In addition it is estimated that around 21,000 people can be accommodated in the various licensed premises around the City Centre.

? On the subject of alcohol there is a by-law prohibiting public consumption effective in Manchester, this being said, Chief Superintendent Donnellan has publicly stated that the attitude of his officers will be relaxed in this regard. This means that drinking in the Fanzones and other public Squares will be allowed but Police will discourage people from consuming alcohol whilst moving between locations or walking along main streets. It should be appreciated that this concession by the Police depends on a responsible attitude from our supporters.

? A positive impression of our supporters has been portrayed to authorities in Manchester by the Club and by Strathclyde Police and this has undoubtedly resulted in the more relaxed approach which is now evident. However, supporters should be aware that the police policy is that where there is anti social behaviour only one warning will be given.

? The City of Manchester Stadium is situated close to Manchester City centre, taking approximately 30 mins to walk between the two. There is a specially designated walk route clearly signed in orange to guide Rangers supporters safely to and from the designated Fanzones to the Stadium. Details of these signs can be found in the fan information contained at www.manchester.gov.uk there will be a shuttle bus service running between the Fanzones and the Stadium which is free when showing your match ticket. Obviously this shuttle service will be extremely busy in the lead up to kick off and supporters are encouraged wherever possible to walk to the Stadium on the designated route. Supporters parking in coaches at the Stadium on arrival can obviously use the shuttle service to access the City Centre.

? As stated above further information will be made available on Coach parking over the weekend. There are 420 coach parking spaces available at the stadium in two separate car parks and there is a second coach park for 400 coaches at Lancashire Cricket Club close to Old Trafford Stadium. Supporters wishing to use the coach parks at the Stadium should register following the instructions contained on the www.manchester.gov.uk website.

? Police have advised that a number of counterfeit tickets produced in the Liverpool area have been put on sale in Glasgow. These tickets will not allow access to the Stadium due to technical features only contained on valid tickets. Supporters are urged not to buy tickets from unofficial sources on any account.

? A map of the Stadium is attached for the information of supporters clearly outlining the seating block numbers. click here
The Club have been immensely proud of our supporters conduct across Europe this season. The UEFA Cup Final is the pinnacle of all our efforts both on and off the field. We would ask supporters to continue to Follow with Pride in Manchester and ensure that the reputation we have built up this season during our European campaign is maintained. Whether you are going to Manchester simply to enjoy the atmosphere in the Fanzones or in the City Centre or whether you are going to the match itself, please remember you are all ambassadors for Rangers Football Club. Thank you for all your efforts so far

biffo1
9th May, 2008, 07:39 PM
well all i can say from a man u fan is all the best to Rangers , hope they do the biz in the final ,and bring the trophy back .

allycoops
9th May, 2008, 11:35 PM
well all i can say from a man u fan is all the best to Rangers , hope they do the biz in the final ,and bring the trophy back .

Cheers biffo for the above mate

The sand dunes at Gullane are now but a sepia-tinted memory. Ice baths, compression garments and truckloads of pasta are on the menu as Rangers seek to conserve their energy for the last leg of a marathon season. The Ibrox club have immersed themselves in the latest sports science techniques and hope that the benefits continue for the next few weeks as they seek to close out a potentially history-making season.

Adam Owen is the hub of the club's sports science department and has revolutionised their approach to preparation and recovery time. The 28-year-old was recommended by Kenny McDowall, the Rangers first team coach, who worked alongside him at rivals Celtic.

Owen enjoyed a modest playing career north and south of the border, before moving into coaching at Parkhead, Sheffield Wednesday and then his current sports science role at Murray Park.

"He Owen has made a big difference," said Walter Smith, the Rangers manager. "In the last few games we have been finishing strongly and that's a testimony to the work he put in, especially in the early part of the season. We've had to cut back on our training because of the number of matches we have, but the work he did in the early part of the season has been fantastic.

"Kenny McDowall worked with Adam before and had no hesitation in recommending him. It's been interesting from my own point of view, in comparison to how we did it a few years ago. We used to do a lot more running in pre-season training. They now do far shorter runs and they tell me that it gets the same benefit. At this stage, if we weren't in the physical condition we were in then we would be showing the signs."

Owen's sports science revolution has been hastened by his ability to integrate into the dressing room. At 28, he is a contemporary of most of the players and has found willing converts to his gospel. Steven Whittaker, the Rangers midfielder, praised the contribution of Owen. "Adam's a great lad, he's always encouraging us to eat and drink the right stuff at the right times. He has travelled to different clubs to see the way they do it as well.

"Even when you want to chill out he is stuffing food like pasta, and juice in your face. It's all for your benefit, though. Sports science is always developing, even from when I started until now. There's lots of things you can do. I try and eat after every game, and we get compression garments and ice baths as well. Hopefully all these bits and pieces will come together to make us stronger."

Rangers' training sessions are now structured and delivered by McDowall, assistant manager Ally McCoist and Owen. If the latter has helped to maintain the players' energy levels, then the McCoist and McDowall combination has helped keep the dressing room buoyant during this most arduous of seasons.

"This year, not only did we have a lot of new players, but the entire backroom staff has changed as well," added Smith. "Ally, Kenny and Adam have done all the training this year. I do most of the team shaping and team talks. It's interesting to see how they go about it - in a totally different way from I did previously.

It works.

"Both Ally and Kenny have worked extremely hard to create a good atmosphere on the training ground. That helps a great deal in terms of how we have handled this situation we are in. There is a good feeling in our camp overall and that is due to the work that they do.

"They, more than myself or anyone else, have created an environment where people want to come in and work. That's been reflected in the way we have handled the games over the season. It's quite remarkable that they have done that in such a short space of time."

gazz10
9th May, 2008, 11:43 PM
Yip i cant agree more lets bring that mickey mouse cup back to glasgow, 120 mins plus 5 kicks, been doing all season, so come on barry get your troops up n ready for it, and i hope you been practising..... :boring:

allycoops
10th May, 2008, 10:52 AM
Manchester police have assured Rangers supporters they will get a warm welcome in the city for next week's Uefa Cup Final against FC Zenit St Petersburg.

There had been suggestions that fans without tickets should stay away.

Greater Manchester Police said they were preparing for up to 100,000 football fans to descend on the city.

Several fan zones with giant screens are to be set up and it is estimated that the city economy will receive a ?5m boost.

The Manchester authorities have spent the day in Glasgow discussing how to deal with the issues surrounding the game.

Ch Supt Gerry Donnellan, the match commander, met representatives from Rangers and Strathclyde Police.

He said: "We are anticipating a very large but a very friendly crowd to Manchester. The policing operation will be appropriate to that.

"We want people to enjoy coming to Manchester and also enjoy the experience of watching a world class football match."

Manchester City Council has said it would set up three fan zones with big screens and entertainment.

Officials also conceded that trying to stop fans drinking would be like telling them to "stop breathing". :party ::jiggin::beerglass::beerglass:

A by-law in Manchester bans drinking in some public areas - but supporters are unlikely to face police action if they drink in the designated areas.

The authorities did not go as far as saying the by-law would be suspended for the match, but suggested fans would be allowed to drink in the areas set aside for them.

City-wide venues

The council's assistant chief executive, Vicky Rosin, said they were expecting "unprecedented numbers" of Rangers fans.

She added: "Those particular areas are designated for fans but then there are pubs and clubs right across the city that will be open and welcoming fans and many of them will have screens within them to watch the game."

Rangers fans have been queueing throughout the day at Ibrox Stadium to collect their tickets for the match.

The club plays FC Zenit of St Petersburg at the City of Manchester stadium on Wednesday.

C64
10th May, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yip i cant agree more lets bring that mickey mouse cup back to glasgow

I wish it was US that were trying to win that 'mickey mouse cup' :)

'Mon the Huns in Europe.

'Mon Dundee United in the SPL, hump them 2 - 0 ;)

allycoops
10th May, 2008, 12:26 PM
nice one witchy mate about UEfa, ~~~~ ya about the league though mate, lol

:barscarf::unionflag::rangers::watp::rangers3:

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 12:52 PM
A RED, white and blue convoy will head from Ibrox to Manchester for Wednesday's UEFA Cup final.

The plans were unveiled as Manchester threw its arms wide open to welcome the 100,000-plus Rangers fans heading for the clash with Zenit St Petersburg.

The city is laying on two - possibly three - fan zones for the army of supporters desperate to soak up the atmosphere.

And Rangers fans are signing up for the 220-mile car conga, which will leave their home ground at 10am on Tuesday.

The multi-coloured cavalcade will head into the city centre, out to Strathclyde Park in Lanarkshire then down the M74 towards Manchester.

One fan taking part said: "We've got a great big convoy rockin' down the road.

"Everyone is being urged to bring along flags, scarves, banners - the lot.

"We want motors decked out in club colours for a carnival procession all the way to the host city.

"Folk have promised to decorate cars, bikes, buses and whatever other transport turns up on the day from scooters to skateboards.

"It is also hoped to have car stickers made up to plaster across the windows and flags flying out of windows and sunroofs.

"There is only one planned stop to refuel and grab some munchies and nip to the loo."

It is estimated the number of coaches already booked to travel down from Glasgow would stretch 13 miles if laid bumper to bumper.

A Rangers spokesman confirmed "just under 17,000" fans had tickets after getting extra from UEFA.

The thousands without tickets will be able to enjoy booze, food and the match in the city centre fan zones.

Giant screens are to be set up to ensure no one misses a kick at the City of Manchester Stadium.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Manchester will be an open city.

"Supporters are urged not to travel without a ticket.

"But realistically, city chiefs know that thousands will want to be near their club during the crucial match.

"We had originally only planned one fan zone for each set of supporters but, because of the fact so many will travel and it looks like Rangers fans will have the majority of tickets, we have had to set up a second site."

As well as the fan zones in Albert Square and Piccadilly Gardens, there will be a series of three-a-side football tournaments and shuttle buses to the stadium.

A third fan zone - in Cathedral Gardens - may be unveiled later this week.

It's understood the fan zones may be mixed.

Council chiefs urged local businesses, pubs and hotels to create a carnival atmosphere.

They also warned supporters not to let their home cities down, saying fans should act as "ambassadors".

Councillor Pat Karney said: "It's going to be a fantastic busy day and we are making plans so that everyone can enjoy themselves.

"Fans will be ambassadors for their clubs and their cities, so our message to them is, 'Please don't let down your home city'.

"Manchester is excellent at hosting major events and - just like at the Commonwealth Games - we want people to welcome our visitors and enjoy the busy atmosphere."

Council and police chiefs will continue to work on the plans right up until the day of the game.

The match commander for the final will be in Glasgow tomorrow to iron out plans.

Chief Superintendent Gerry Donnellan will be joined by Manchester City Council's assistant chief executive Vicky Rosin for the meeting at Ibrox.

Mr Donnellan said: "Manchester loves its football and we are delighted that the city is hosting this final.

"We are experts in policing major football events and we want the day to be as enjoyable as possible for supporters, residents and businesses.

"Everyone in Manchester has a part to play in creating an enjoyable and busy atmosphere.

"We want pubs and hotels to be open and to be properly staffed so that we can give visitors a proper welcome.

"We want to deliver a successful event for everyone who lives and works in Manchester and for our visitors."

Police also dismissed claims that hotel bookings for fans will be cancelled unless premises have stewards because the cops will not be able to respond to flashpoints.

A spokesman said: "We will have extra resources in the city centre on the day of the final and will be in a position to deal with any incidents accordingly.

"We have asked local businesses, and in particular hotels and licensed premises, to take a detailed look at their security arrangements. This is purely to advise them to ensure they have the correct security in place to enable them to deal with the expected extra demand."

Accommodation is virtually impossible to find in Manchester and Stephen Miles, chairman of the city's hoteliers association, admitted they had been inundated with requests.

He said: "We have had calls asking if the city can cope with the 100,000 fans they believe are heading our way.

"I think the truth is that many will only head here for the day and others will have to stay in cities around Manchester.

"But it will be a huge challenge." Pubs, bars and clubs are also gearing up for the invasion.

Phil Burke, spokesman for the Manchester Pub and Club Network, said: "We've been preparing for this since last August.

"We have always known it was going to be incredibly busy in the city on that day.

"We have special measures in place to deal with all the fans, many of whom won't have tickets.

"And we have all been working very closely with the police to make sure everyone can enjoy themselves in the right kind of atmosphere."

Rangers fans flying to the game will be segregated from their Russian counterparts, a spokesman for Manchester airport confirmed.

Special measures have been set up to deal with around 10,000 supporters from both clubs who are expected at the airport.

Rangers fans will arrive and depart from terminal 3, while Zenit's fans will travel through terminal 1.

Additional security staff are being laid on and Russian speakers will be there to help fans.

Detailed information about fan zones, travel and parking arrangements will be available through Manchester City Council's website www.manchester.gov.uk within the next few days.

WELCOME TO FANCHESTER

Rangers fans heading into Manchester without a ticket for the big game will be able to soak up the atmosphere in one of the fan zones - three are being planned - with big screens to watch the match. Mini football tournaments will also be arranged and buses will run between the city centre and the stadium

DirtyAce
11th May, 2008, 02:43 PM
I cant wait for Wednesday to arrive, its gonna be my greatest day of being a ranger.

We can do it, come on the teddy bears.

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 05:57 PM
you Going ACE?? if so Bar38 in manc 11.00am onwards party

JTH
11th May, 2008, 10:38 PM
ill be there allycoops at 10am

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 10:40 PM
JTH ya drunken Bum, 10am, lol.:unionflag:

JTH
11th May, 2008, 10:44 PM
think it opens at ten m8
it does bar lunches .ill keep u a seat m8.

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.remotegoat.co.uk/logos/2/2303.jpg?PHPSESSID=14281a26a4eb442ae71139710fe0098 a

:beer::party ::rangers::jiggin:

JTH
11th May, 2008, 10:51 PM
looks cool m8 .

do u think witchy will notice edited post lol http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=15929#post15929

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 10:57 PM
May help if you spell Tims correctly, LOL

JTH
11th May, 2008, 10:59 PM
May help if you spell Tims correctly, LOL

lol thats the way the the hibs fans spell it

allycoops
11th May, 2008, 11:03 PM
lol thats the way the the hibs fans spell it

what else would you expect from them,:questionmark:

JamesieM
12th May, 2008, 07:24 AM
Just been looking at the uefa map of the Manchester city centre- anybody recommend where to go?

I'm staying in Warrington and then getting a taxi to a train/tram station to get into the city centre.

I fancy one of the fanzones and a wander about to soak up the day.

Allycoops- I take it you know the town well as you know some of the boozers? I only know to stay away from Canal St!

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 08:55 AM
@JamesieM, Never been to manc before mate, just picking up info from my mates as to where to go. Bar 38 in Peter St, there is a big planned party there, hvae a read of this mate

fan bases are Albert square which is a very large courtyard style square in the city centre and Picaddilly Gardens which is basically a fairly big piece of grass. The screens will be put up here and there are many pubs less than 1 minute away from each. Picaddily is the main train station and this is where everyone taking the train will be arriving. Council have said there will be shuttle buses every 5 minutes taking match-ticket fans to city of manchester stadium from this station. If you havent a ticket then you want to be in the centre so if you get to picaddilly then you want to go downstairs from the trains to the Metrolink. Get on any Metro service and it will take you straight in to town just like the Glasgow sub! Bouncy Bouncy highly recommended on this service!! From the metrolink you can either get off at picaddily gardens stop where that screen is, or the St. Peters Square stop which is where Albert square screen is. Many of you getting the bus down will also be arriving at picaddily station. In this case just go upstairs and you're at the trains and metrolink. Everything is fairly well signposted so i doubt you will get lost.

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 10:25 AM
The elegant Uefa Cup trophy will be a welcome addition to Rangers? priceless collection of silverware if they beat Zenit St Petersburg in the final. And the distinguished old vase certainly won?t lack for company among all the other riches accumulated by the world?s most successful football club.

?We have won a few trophies in our time,? Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at the club he served so well as a full-back, said. Part of his role is to take care of the many hundreds of prizes and keepsakes Rangers have amassed down the years.

?I have no idea how many individual items we have collected since 1872,? he said. ?But I do know that the number keeps rising every year. We have so many that we can?t display them all at once. We have the major trophies on display all the time, but the others are rotated.

?Rangers? 51 national championships is a world record, and we have a commemorative painting that was presented to us for winning 100 major trophies. Real Madrid might run us close, but it?s true that Rangers have won more trophies than any other club.?

Rangers? treasure trove is displayed at Ibrox in the style of a museum, with cabinets devoted to different themes, such as European competition, the club?s centenary and domestic glories. There is also a separate section for crystal, and the fabled Blue Room is decorated by a mural featuring all Rangers? managers and the club?s great captains.

Among Jardine?s most prized exhibits is a collection of nine medals that represent significant chapters in the club?s history. The oldest dates from 1879, and was awarded to club founder, Peter Campbell, when the club began its tireless pursuit of honours with victory in the Glasgow Charity Cup.

Jardine is especially proud of one heirloom that has nothing to do with exploits on the pitch, and everything to do with simple humanity ? the Loving Cup. ?It was awarded by Stoke City to Rangers, after the club played a benefit match in aid of the families of miners killed in a colliery disaster in the Potteries,? he said. The venerable vessel is filled with an appropriate beverage before the first home game of each year, and the assembly will drink a toast to the Queen.

Jardine doesn?t busy himself with the silver polish, but a team of cleaners is charged with the never-ending task of keeping the haul of honours sparkling. ?It?s a big job but a pleasant one,? he said. ?We are proud of our history, and we?re delighted to share it. And we won?t be complaining if there are one or two new additions before the season is over.?

robbo7
12th May, 2008, 10:26 AM
TBF, i wish rangers all the best for wednesday,and you know what i think they can do it.

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 10:34 AM
looks like this confirms we will be wearing Blue tops along with blue shorts imo

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2039/05366281800xu3.jpg

McMav
12th May, 2008, 12:58 PM
Safe journey to all bears heading to Manc this week got a few mates heading down but I'ma creature of habit and suspision so I'll be watching at home like I have all game away from home and we have always got the right result.

PS. Hi to all those from other forums I recognise alot of names :D

JamesieM
12th May, 2008, 01:01 PM
Just a pity they couldn't have got this out in time for the final and made a few bob out of it!

Just been to two JJB sports stores to try and find something decent for my 65 year old father to wear and they only had junior tops or sleeveless nylon tank top things...

I'm staying in Warrington so getting a taxi to Altrincham and then the tram right into Piccadily (every 6mins) and then off to wander around town. I've got a Warrington taxi coming in to pick us up at 2am so should be sorted.

Not sure where to have a drink, should be in by 1pm, but going to enjoy the day anyway. Got a Union Jack with Stepps True Blues across so watch out for 4 of us!:rangers:

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 01:06 PM
head for albert square mate, you can get the metro from picadilly to St, Peters Square, alot of pubs all around there, Bar 38 has seating for around 1000, with a very big outside patio if its nice weather. big party planned for there and five minutes walk from the big screens. calsberg bars in the fanzones along with stalls selling food, flags etc. Big screens up and running they showed the chelsea game yesterday (god knows why they didnt show man u game??)

JamesieM
12th May, 2008, 01:13 PM
Weather forecast is to be 20C and sunny so should be an excellent day....beer garden sounds just the place

C64
12th May, 2008, 03:19 PM
do u think witchy will notice edited post lol http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=15929#post15929

Sneaky git!

:)

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZYgnJEyHg

We have support from everywhere, lol:rangers3:

McMav
12th May, 2008, 09:20 PM
lol quality

allycoops
12th May, 2008, 11:13 PM
Lost dreams come to life for Rangers fans Melanie Reid, the Rangers widow
When the Uefa Cup final kicks off, it is going to be a bit like that W. H. Auden poem that is so popular at funerals. Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone. Scotland will resemble some post-nuclear wasteland, with the tumbleweed blowing eerily along empty streets and the odd rabid dog scuttling for cover. Parked in back alleys, police cars and paramedics will sit, waiting, listening to the muffled heartbeat of the nation.

Don?t be frightened, too, if you feel the UK tip a little on its axis as the combined weight of so many Rangers fans leave Scotland and head for Manchester, and Land?s End dips a few feet into the water. This could be the biggest population exodus from the north since the troop trains left for France in 1914.

Do I exaggerate? Of course not. I am married to a fan. And all over the nation, us dutiful Rangers widows will huddle over our knitting, our hearts in our mouths, hoping for good news from the front line. This tournament feels as though it has lasted as long as a war.

We have endured the phone calls from the pub, telling us that ? once again ? the game has gone to extra time and penalties. We have seen our men ? portly, middle-aged and eminently respectable ? dancing round the living room to mark first the quarter-final, then the semi-final victories. We have listened to incoherent eulogies to Nacho Novo and David Weir and Carlos Cu?llar. Did we complain? Did we say ?you?re gibbering, go to bed?? Never, not once.

The fact is, this final represents many things, and some of them are much bigger than football. Rangers Football Club stands in many ways for post-industrial Scotland itself: diminished but yearning for a return to the elitism and machismo that was once its by rights. This is about dreaming lost dreams.

Rangers was the club of the skilled shipyard workers on the Clyde at Govan. Thousands of men would charge from the gates of the yards, turning the pavements black. They worked long, physical hours and on Saturday came their reward, when they went to the pub at 11am, then poured into Ibrox, up to 100,000 of them, to cheer on their team.

The culture of this skilled, aspirational working class came to be that of the team. The shipyard workers were hard-working Protestants; members of the masonic lodge; and loyal unionists. Blue, red and white was not only the colour of the Rangers strip, it was also the colour of the union flag.

They were arrogant, these men, with a fantastic pride and belief in themselves. They knew that they ran the engine room of the Empire. They had that sense of being giants, of status, of possessing real economic clout. They wanted their team to win, and they usually did.

This social supremacy flowed in the veins of Bill Struth, the Rangers manager from 1920 to 1954. Struth insisted that his players turn up at their club wearing suits and bowler hats. In the visiting team?s dressing-room at Ibrox he famously had the hooks mounted high on the wall, so the opponents had to stand on the bench to hang up their jackets ? and be instilled with fear of the giants they faced.

Senior policemen, civic leaders, politicians, businessmen, newspaper editors: all were keen to be part of the Rangers elite, creating a considerable powerbase by association in the West of Scotland. Vestiges of which linger, like the faint smell of wood polish in a dusty hall. There was a time when the club were one of the biggest in Britain, far richer and more powerful than Manchester United or Chelsea. But as Scotland declined and its industrial might withered, so, too, did Scottish football.

Rangers found themselves no longer so mighty. And the team and fan base that had travelled first class all their lives hated being in a second-class position.

You can play amateur psychologist ? us Rangers wives have to ? and wonder if this is why the fans are now some of the most demanding in the world. From the knuckle-draggers right up to the captains of commerce, it is as if received in their folk memory is the belief that their rightful place is at the top.

And now they are heady with a sense of pride that their team, under-resourced in comparison to other great teams, are punching way above their weight to reach the final.

Is it any wonder our husbands regress, filled with an almost childlike sense of joy and pride? To get to the final is enough to lay the ghost of those vanished glories. And if the team win? Well, they might just deserve to stay for that extra

JamesieM
13th May, 2008, 10:04 AM
excellent post Allycoops, seen it a few times today and makes a pleasant change from the mhedia dragging us down into some type of cheating scandal like Juventus, Marsaille et al.

Attempts to take the shine off our day by some just won't work!

Anyway, all packed I have the checklist....

ribbons for car check
union jack car flags check
R/W/B balloons for car(doxen of each) check
giant R/W/B bow for front of car check
union jack bunting check
CD of rangers songs X12 for pubs check
Rangers top check
Old tatty gers scarf from 80s check
Giant Union Jack check
Luck underpants check
Carry oot check
Ticket!! check
Old Man (68) check

Anything else will have to wait....good luck to everyone in Manchester and whatever the score be proud to get there. We need to enjoy ourselves and do Rangers, Scotland and GB proud- have a good one boys

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 10:16 AM
time you leaving jamesie? I'm leaving the house about 4am tomo, dont know how im gona sleep tonight, dont sleep well at best of times, lol , take a photo of ya motor and post it up, :rangers:

JamesieM
13th May, 2008, 11:06 AM
Leaving late afternoon via warrington...i've taken today off work to prepare as i'm neither good to man nor beast today.

I've got a windows mobile phone so I should be able to get some snaps uploaded if I get time to sit down tomorrow.

this excitement is genuinely not good for me....god knows how my old man's angina is going to cope

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 11:33 AM
BAR 38 MEETING UP CANCELLED IN MANCHESTER,

bar38 have now decided that no Rangers fans will be allowed in wearing football Colours.

still make for that area though picadilly/peter st, handy for fanzones and plenty of pubs who wish to make money,

C64
13th May, 2008, 12:18 PM
Remember to pack your hankies guys, and remember to take a note of the Samaratins number before you go. :)

There are no Rabid dogs in Scotland, that Melanie Reid is a clown ;)

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 12:23 PM
The invasion has begun

by Graeme Murray

A red, white and blue army left Ibrox Stadium today as a convoy of Rangers fans set off to join thousands already in Manchester.

Every car, pick-up truck, transit van and mini-bus was covered in flags, balloons and scarves as around 200 vehicles began the journey through the city en route to Manchester, where tickets are selling for up to ?2000.

Music blared as CDs belted out Rangers songs and a deafening procession of tooting car horns signalled the start of the journey.

Merchandisers at Ibrox were doing a roaring trade as fans snapped up last-minute flags and Uefa Cup T-shirts.

In one car, decked out with flags, Myra Fielding, 49, travelled with son Jack, 10. She said: "The atmosphere is going to be fantastic, it's a once in a lifetime chance.

"I don't really care how long it's going to take us to get there, we're really looking forward to it."

Also travelling was a family from Rutherglen and a group of fans who had come all the way from Australia.

Rab Smith, 57, from Melbourne, had travelled with a group of fans to Scotland. Initially from Johnstone, he moved to Melbourne in 1982.

He said: "There's about a dozen of us from Melbourne in our party. I'm really glad to be home, this is unbelievable."

Also making the trip was Cooper Black, 2, and his dad, Alex, 37, from Cambuslang. Mr Black said: "It's not often you get the chance to be in a European final, so we're going to love this."

One of the most colourful vehicles leaving Ibrox was a group of six from the Glasgow city centre bar Madness. Travelling in a Lincoln Navigator, the fans were decked out in Union Jack cowboy hats and their American car had red, white and blue ribbons on the bumper and even on the car's hub caps.

Central Station was also besieged with fans heading to the game by train.

The crowds included John Macinley, 32, of Pollok, who was wearing a Union Jack top hat, and his pal Roddy Finchley, 34, also from Pollok, who was wearing a jester's hat.

John said: "It's going to be a momentous night. To have Rangers in a European Final is unheard of and if we win it Manchester will never have seen anything like it."

meanwhile, thousands of fans were already in Manchester, for what will be the club's first European final in 36 years.

@witchy get ta fu*k :rangers3::rangers3::rangers3::rangers3:

C64
13th May, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'm rotten with jealousy mate :)

Hope ye's have a great time, but I hope ye's get beat, lol ;)

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnH55rOigc

ALTOGETHER NOW witchy:watp::unionflag::barscarf::reddy:

C64
13th May, 2008, 12:35 PM
Is that the board members leaving? ;)

Nice clip mate, I only wish it was us lot ;)

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 12:36 PM
Board members, lol

10am this morning before all the buses went, same again tomorrow, party time.

C64
13th May, 2008, 12:45 PM
oooh, I don't think I'd leave it until tomorrow.

I can see massive taffic jams and nowhere to park.

allycoops
13th May, 2008, 10:56 PM
The City of Manchester will welcome the bears
As the tims sit at home, but who the ~~~~ cares?
Coisty and Walter are our number one
Theres no better feeling than being a hun
We batter the greeks, german and portugese
As one by one the tims sank to their knees
Then up came the Italians and we had to stand strong
But not even one player put a foot wrong
Then Nacho to win it and he put it away!
Now roll on the russians on the 14th of May!
Walter and Ally Vs Fernando and Dick
Lets win and get it up that wee ginger prick
Now tell all the tims that seville is in the past
Your time is gone, Sir Walts here to last

Jaffa
14th May, 2008, 04:39 PM
Manchester city centre is awash with a sea of blue as tens of thousands of Rangers fans gather ahead of the Uefa Cup final.
They are mingling with a smaller number of supporters of Russia's Zenit St Petersburg to await the match.
Up to 100,000 fans from both sides are expected in the city and they are expected to give a ?20m boost to the local economy.
The City of Manchester stadium is to host about 47,000 fans for the final.
Just 13,000 Rangers fans were allocated official tickets, so thousands more will watch the match on big screens in the city's pubs and bars. Commuters arriving on Wednesday morning were greeted by the sight of thousands of blue-shirted fans in Piccadilly Gardens - determined to savour the team's first appearance in a European final for 36 years.

The singing and drinking started early, with supporters staking their claims for places in front of the screens in Fan Zones at Albert Square, Piccadilly Gardens and Cathedral Gardens.
The zones also boast beer tents, toilets and programme sellers.
Jim Templeton, 56, from Ayrshire, the president of the Rangers Assembly, said: "The atmosphere among Rangers supporters is absolutely phenomenal.
"We have heard about the possibility of 100,000 coming down - I think we might find a few more than 100,000 coming down.
"I was fortunate enough to be there in 1972, there's others who have never witnessed Rangers in a European final, it's a shame they can't all be accommodated." Although the majority travelled down from Glasgow, some fans arrived in Manchester from all over the world.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44655000/jpg/_44655994_rangers_crowd_getty282.jpg

chrispeters
14th May, 2008, 06:19 PM
Good luck rangers, hope u all do it...

C64
14th May, 2008, 06:41 PM
Why has Manchester done more for the fans than Rangers' own home city of Glasgow?

I'd have liked to see Glasgow City council get together with Ibrox and organise a 'Rangers in the Park' type event in one of the many City parks, would have been brilliant for families unable to travel to Manchester. The 25,000 seats they've released at Ibrox is an incredibly low number considering the real number of people who want to be involved.

gazz10
14th May, 2008, 11:23 PM
Fans angry after big screen fails

Thousands of Rangers supporters in Manchester for the Uefa Cup final were left disappointed after a big screen in the city centre broke down.

Bottles and cans were thrown at the police after the screen in Piccadilly Gardens failed.

An estimated 100,000 fans descended on the city to see the match which Zenit St Petersburg eventually won 2-0.

A Russian fan was taken to hospital after being stabbed outside the City of Manchester Stadium.

The supporter's injuries were reported as non-life threatening.

Greater Manchester Police said six men, all believed to be Rangers fans, had been arrested on suspicion of serious assault.

Police said the trouble has been very minor and only involved a handful of people.

Hastily-arranged screen

The council had set up three special fan zones with big screens for ticketless fans to watch the match.

Although the TV in Piccadilly Gardens failed, others in Albert Square and Cathedral Gardens did show the game.

However, they were already full and supporters were offered buses to take them to a hastily-arranged screen outside the velodrome at Sports City, near to the City of Manchester Stadium, where the match took place.

Fans who had been waiting in Piccadilly Gardens all day were unimpressed.

One said: "This is absolutely ridiculous - there's Rangers fans throwing balls and cans at each other because the game's not on.

"We've been sat here since 12 o'clock waiting on the game coming on. The coverage started at seven o'clock and then five minutes later the game's off.

"It's an absolute shambles, shame on Manchester, shame on Manchester - it's let the country down."

Another supporter added: "The people of Manchester have been fantastic - but the officials behind this are a total disgrace.

"Some people are really angry they've spent a lot of money - maybe ?4,000 to ?5,000 - to come down here for this."

Its a shame such events happened, Manchester Council has got to take blame for this, fans would never have reacted if there was not any problems with the screens. with thousands of there yesterday and just before kick off and only eight arrested Two arrests have been for common assault, one for possession of an offensive weapon, one for theft, one for possession of drugs and two for public order offences. (Two arrests have been for common assault, one for possession of an offensive weapon, one for theft, one for possession of drugs and two for public order offences.)

father ted
14th May, 2008, 11:25 PM
see theyr was a stabbing as well just been on news 6 fans arrested

gazz10
14th May, 2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah russian seen that too

In a separate incident, a Russian
fan was stabbed outside the stadium, police said, but had non-life threatening injuries.

Pity such events have happpened. lets hope all goes ok for the rest of the night

McMav
15th May, 2008, 03:13 PM
Allycoops hope you made it back safe and sound.

JamesieM
15th May, 2008, 03:40 PM
Just back from the game and I had a great time....missed all the stuff on TV at Piccadilly.

I got in from Warrington about 1pm and after half an hour, made an exit from the city centre and ended up in canal st with a fair few thousand fans! Off to COM for the game and the atmosphere was brilliant, pity it didn't spur the team on.

Tried to leave a little early and jump on a train but Picaddilly station was mental....there were people everywhere and it was clear that the majority weren't going to get on a train.

Luckily we had pre-booked a taxi from Warrington and they picked us up bang on the 1am we had agreed. Without that we'd have been waiting hours and hours (probably sleeping in city centre) to try and get out.

Problems were:-

Neds/Chavs, the short distance allowed them to travel, singing 'billy boys' they clearly weren't the normal, loyal RFC fans.
Manchester- TV screens, no toilets, no food vans, pubs closed early and quite possibly the worst transport arrangements ever.

I suppose they couldn't have imagined the >100,000 in the city centre but the planning was poor. Blame is about 50/50 but the supposed Rangers fans let us down so badly.

I still had a great day and I'm sure, 99.99% had a safe and brilliant day, singing with the locals, police and stewards (I have some great photos with a Coppers hat on). Pity a few Neds ruined it for a world record away travelling support.

JamesieM
15th May, 2008, 03:45 PM
Just to add......

sorry about Tommy Burns- one of the great old firm representatives. A bit like Billy McNeil & John Greig, players who know what it means to play for one of the old firm and carry thereselves with dignity when it's easy to loose it in Glasgow. RIP

allycoops
15th May, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys not long Back, I had a great day with Friends and Family,

But Very Disappointed at what I saw after game on way back to Train Station to Catch a Train Back to Leeds.

Rangers will be made to pay for around 500 ~~~~ing idiots who caused havoc.

I saw quite a few other things throughout the day and night around the City Centre and in the Train Station which shocked me.

Stuck in Train station for 2 and a half hours before i evenually got a train back to leeds and my Hotel.

JTH
15th May, 2008, 06:06 PM
ally sorry i missed u at albert square m8
molibe battery was dead m8

Jaffa
15th May, 2008, 06:18 PM
ally sorry i missed u at albert square m8
molibe battery was dead m8

I am sure he understands John....I heard that all the Gers fans cached their batteries together to try to get enough power to get the bloody screen working.

Glad you all had a great time and are all safe and sound....just pity about result.

biffo1
15th May, 2008, 06:41 PM
ill second that Jaffa mate glad all the Gers fans are ok , i watched the game , just didnt think Rangers played to the strenghs , still on the home front they have a few more throphies to aim for

C64
15th May, 2008, 06:48 PM
The team can hold their heads up high, they reached the top and stumbled at the last hurdle, that's football.

And well done to the REAL Rangers fans who went down and had a great time but as far as those mindless idiots that caused all that trouble - they are a disgrace, whatever reputation Rangers had by making it to the final has now been lost, they've embarrassed the Club, the fans and Scotland.

allycoops
15th May, 2008, 06:59 PM
QUOTE=JTH;16776]ally sorry i missed u at albert square m8
molibe battery was dead m8[/QUOTE]

No Probs mate, mine went dead also, lol,

shame we didnt have a drink together, maybe another time. Glad you got back safely though.

great day shame about the few who spoiled it.

IMO more like 200,000 than 100,000 Ive never seen anything like that.

Result was poor but some you win and some you lose.

@ witchty Shame about Tommy mate, True legend and also thanks for your honest unbiased view elsewhere, :congrats::congrats::congrats:I see the bigots have been out, no suprises there mate

JamesieM
17th May, 2008, 05:29 PM
Week gets worse.....

just back from Fir Park and after a great first half the old legs gave way. Have to say were letting it slip badly.

Just need to beat St Mirren 7-0 on Monday then Aberdeen by three or four and it's ours!!

gazz10
17th May, 2008, 05:40 PM
seven past st. mirren your having a laugh aint you, wake up and smell the coffee, saying that its gus Mcpherson thats in charge of the buddies, Well it makes for an interesting Thursday night, the helicopter what have far to travel between tannadice and pitdorie(aberdeen's park){yes spelling terrible}

allycoops
18th May, 2008, 02:06 PM
WEDNESDAY?S horrific night of UEFA Cup violence was fuelled by rent-a-mobs from across England, it was claimed last night.

Crafty football casuals from clubs including Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United secretly donned Gers colours to deliberately hijack the event and wreak havoc.

And we can reveal police chiefs fear they got their preparations totally wrong ? and have admitted their plan to accommodate travelling fans was woefully inadequate.

A senior police officer from Greater Manchester Police confessed: ?It was a free-for-all. Hooligan elements from all over the country were there ? and our plan wasn?t up to it.?

Today we can reveal that hooligan firms from all over England flocked to Manchester for the game ? many of them known to cops and subject to football banning orders.

However, these measures could do NOTHING to stop the yobs travelling to the city for the clash. Troublemakers from Leicester City, Birmingham City, Oxford United, Millwall, Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea were all involved in the rioting.

Hooligans attached to both Manchester sides ? City and United ? also helped trash their own city while battling cops AND Gers fans.

A member of the notorious Border City Firm ? linked to Carlisle United ? said fans? internet message boards had been buzzing ahead of Wednesday?s final, and that the shameful ruck had been well planned.

He revealed: ?That?s why people were seeing Rangers fans fighting Rangers fans. People from other clubs simply paid ?25 for a Rangers top so they could blend in. It?s not rocket science.? '

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/newsoftheworld_scotland/2008/05/english-rent-a.html

JamesieM
18th May, 2008, 09:56 PM
I read the post today however Manchester is that easy to get to, it attracted not only nationwide hooligans but scum from Glasgow.

I seen a few pissed up so callled fans being abusive and singing billy boys and UVF chants. There not really fans but they think following rangers is about gettting as pisssed as possible...chavs/neds whatever you want to call them.

On the whole, I had one of the best days of my life..the result was poor but meeting the local mancs, cops, russians and rangers fans from far and wide made my day.

Unfortunately the hooligan/ned eliment, combined with poor manchester planning, lack of facilities, worst possible travel arrangements and the tv screen going down caused a lot of the trouble.

On a different note I was at a charity event this afternoon and we had Donald Findlay QC and Andy Goram speaking. It was great to hear all the stories about the great old players...the Goalie was great talking about Gazza and the things he got up to. He felt Rfc and NUFC had alot to answer for in not giving him something to keep him coaching or in the game when he finished up playing and the loss of football has added to his illnesss. Its a shame whats happened.

As I said in an earlier post, seven on Monday will see us almost there!

C64
18th May, 2008, 11:08 PM
I've got no doubt in my mind that other factions were in Manchester on wednesday, but I also know that many Rangers fans did take part in the chaos, but they were by far a miniority.

Anyway, the police reports will let us know EXACTLY who these idiots were and where they came from.

But forget Wednesday, I'm ~~~~ing sick of hearing about it. :)

I'd just like to take a moment to point at all Rangers fans and laugh.

The QUADRUPLE MY ARSE! ;) ;)

Jaffa
18th May, 2008, 11:16 PM
I can laugh even though it hurts...lol

http://i27.tinypic.com/33y6nav.jpg

C64
18th May, 2008, 11:24 PM
PMSL, that's great, lolol

Devilfish
18th May, 2008, 11:28 PM
Here's two more lol...

C64
18th May, 2008, 11:34 PM
Seen the Sutton one before, the F1 is new to me, lol :)

JTH
26th May, 2008, 09:33 PM
get this thread back top where we belong lol

JamesieM
27th May, 2008, 09:21 PM
get this thread back top where we belong lol

Quite Right!

Good News- Boyd is staying. Great as he looked like he'd been working on his game. Just need to ditch the 4-5-1 in the SPHell.

Bad News- Dailly has been offered a new contract. Couple of solid games at the start of 08 but unable to actually play or pass the footballl.

Good News- Kenny Miller's agent says he's had no approach from Rangers. Not good enough for Rangers and a reject at the San Giro. You can stick your Kenny Miller up ur ar5e.

Bad News- Uncle Wattie will probably sign Kennny Misser anyway, regardless.

1987brian
5th June, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hello fellow Rangers fans. A fee has been agreed with Derby for Kenny Miller according to Sky Sports, he will sign in by the start of next week. He wasnt good enough for us the first time around, he wasnt good enough for Celtic, why would he be good enough for us now? I do hope im proved wrong but in my opinion, if Walter wanted a striker who runs about like a headless chicken, then we should have kept Sebo. What do the rest think about this?

JamesieM
6th June, 2008, 08:46 AM
Hello fellow Rangers fans. A fee has been agreed with Derby for Kenny Miller according to Sky Sports, he will sign in by the start of next week. He wasnt good enough for us the first time around, he wasnt good enough for Celtic, why would he be good enough for us now? I do hope im proved wrong but in my opinion, if Walter wanted a striker who runs about like a headless chicken, then we should have kept Sebo. What do the rest think about this?

I think all the fans made it clear with the songs being sung in the last league games and at the cup final.

I've no issue with signing ex-celtic players, MoJo managed to wind up the other 1/3 of Glasgow when he signed for RFC. I've an issue with signing cr*p players.

We have Novo who does exactly the same job but better.

I'd have taken Sean Maloney (who's not bad and added to the team) rather than that git Mhisser (imagine a Sean playing for RFC, changed days). All that badge thumping and kissing when he was at the Brendanbeau- what fake show of love for RFC is he going to do if he signs?

Never hated a Rangers player (Cousin a little as he's so beepin lazy) but he'll be the first. I won't boo him, I don't think you can boo one of your players, but I certainly won't be cheering or celebrating if he scores (unless it's a hat trick against the soapdodgers:top:)

davieboy.rfc
8th June, 2008, 10:32 PM
unless kenny millers first touch has dramatically improved & his shooting then im wondering wha he will bring 2 the team i know he tries hard but will he make boydy a better player i will keep a open mind, but the gers fans will never forgive him for kissing the tim badge so he will have 2 do a lot o ass kissin 2 appease a very angry rangers support.

rangers71
6th July, 2008, 05:53 PM
a think we will get a season out of miller and hel be off again and aye davieboy his first touch is crap what we realy need is a right back as kirk clubfoot is as slow as a week in the jail so a hope walter brings a good 1 in and we need a free kick specialist in the team cos we havnt had a decent 1 since albertz and vanbronkhurst .and a hope we sighn the lad davis and pay the money for him hes a great we player

bugaloo41
7th July, 2008, 07:56 AM
Sadly cant see Miller bringing anything to the team either. Give Walter his due for last season but this signing has me beat. Yes - he works very hard I will give you that but put me in a bears top and i will die trying. Dissapointed we havent signed (so far) a creative midfielder and a right back. If we could fill those positions I would be very confident of winning the league.

WATP.

JamesieM
21st July, 2008, 08:24 AM
I think Whittaker may be given a run at right back this year. I think he's got the ability to be a pretty good player for us.

I still think the midfield needs a couple of players and as everyone says, a creative one to make the games a bit more interesting this year.

Anyway, season starts tomorrow with Clyde friendly (Albertz + Laudraup playing for Clyde) then Liverpool on Saturday.

Liverpool game should be interesting. Some debate if we should boo YNWA when it pipes up? To be fair it's a Liverpool song and been hijacked by the unwashed from the East; I'll let them sing it and just try and drown it out with one of our own songs.

If the atmosphere is like Chelsea last year should be good. Roll on the new season (Just sign a couple of decent players Wattie!).

Saltire
21st July, 2008, 04:50 PM
ye, we need someone like cristiano ronaldo in there, lol.

JamesieM
21st July, 2008, 06:17 PM
ye, we need someone like cristiano ronaldo in there, lol.

What about 'Messi and Kaka'.... they would fit in just nicely.

davieboy.rfc
30th July, 2008, 08:25 PM
im listening 2 the first half as im writing this & rangers r unde pressure, broadfoots just given the ball away & they nearly scored , im afraid by the time rangers wake up &realise there in a game they could well be out before the season starts , this rangers team is taking 2 long 2 gel togethor it is 5 mns 2 half time and its still 0-0 so im away tae get a beer as this game is driving me 2 drink lol.:rangers2:

mark015
30th July, 2008, 11:26 PM
lol ooops...:celticparty::celticscarf::scarf2:,gers will be lucky to get 3rd postition this year......

Devilfish
5th August, 2008, 09:10 PM
Can I remind folk that this is not a football board where you can bait each other looking for an argument! If you can't be sensible about it the threads will be removed and your account banned!

We don't need this type of discussion and I won't stand for it!

Jaffa
5th August, 2008, 09:53 PM
Obviously there was something I didnt see posted but come on whoever did it...this is one hell of a friendly forum and we can all give and take banter buts lets keep it to banter.

btw...Rangers were awful again tonight and deserved eff all, back to the drawing board I guess.

mark015
5th August, 2008, 10:53 PM
sounds like sour grapes to me ohhhh the banter.lol lol

Saltire
5th August, 2008, 10:54 PM
sounds like sour grapes to me .no teddy bears in europe does it for me

stick your grapes up your arse, lol

mark015
5th August, 2008, 11:04 PM
lol no ta ive got enough grapes hanging fae ma arse.its all in good fun well with me it is on the football scene but if the gers fans cant handle it then i will try ma best not to say anything wen that mob get humped again..:scarf2:

Saltire
5th August, 2008, 11:06 PM
at least wan things for sure noo, rangers will win the spl nae sweat.

mark015
5th August, 2008, 11:13 PM
lol aye well u have less games to play now so ur in way a great chance hohohohoho.:celticscarf:

superslyguy
6th August, 2008, 01:32 AM
hi there ive posted some on the rangers thread all banter no sectarianism harmless fun i expect the same back last season wached all rangers televised games most my mates r huns- but thats just the way it is we poke fun at each others misfortune.......because one teams misfortune is another teams strength... it work both ways....so if i have offended anyone sorry...but remember its only a game....swings and roundabout an awe that

:champions:

gazz10
11th August, 2008, 09:53 PM
Aston Villa have agreed a fee with Rangers for Spanish defender Carlos Cuellar.

Cuellar has been linked with a move away from Ibrox since Rangers lost their UEFA Champions League qualifier against FBK Kaunas last week.

Walter Smith had been hoping to keep the 26-year-old but Villa have now made a bid of 10million euros (?7.8million) which triggered a release clause in his Rangers contract.

Villa are now set to hold talks with Cuellar On Tuesday and he will officially join the Premier League club if he passes a medical

cgscott
3rd July, 2010, 02:01 AM
Bump this Thread for Start of the season. Old firm On 23rd October. My birthday. Man im gonna have a good day ;)

davieboy.rfc
5th July, 2010, 12:14 AM
:barscarf:
Bump this Thread for Start of the season. Old firm On 23rd October. My birthday. Man im gonna have a good day ;)

i here u brother lookin forward 2 the new season goin 2 the newcasle game hope fr a few signing by then .watp.

boab34
26th March, 2012, 10:31 AM
Congrats to rangers , easy enough in the end though.

gracieboo
26th March, 2012, 06:05 PM
Watch out for the bullies coming on and trying to get this thread closed. Do not get into confrontation with them and try and ignore them if possible. BTW what a win yesterday. WE DON,T DO WALKING AWAY. :proud:

shankill2012
26th March, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yes congratulations to rangers with a comfortable win in the circumstances , funny that before the game Lennon said that it was "just" another old firm game BUT after they were well beaten he blamed the referee and said it was " the most important game of the season" , Lennon - losing it or lost it that's the question ?

gmb45
26th March, 2012, 06:08 PM
the staff decide what gets closed, and with comments like that your going the right way to closing it,and the staff wont hesitate to close this thread if it gets out on line !!!

johnboy1974
26th March, 2012, 08:21 PM
Excellent win for rangers yesterday if the players had shown that kind of passion in the last few weeks we would not have given celtic the opertunity to win on our ground. Wasnt it strange having a march old firm game that was meaningless in terms of the league??.

mattybhoy
26th March, 2012, 11:09 PM
It was john. And there will be another meaningless one to come as well. It's a shame the league is over so early.

Rodbouy
26th March, 2012, 11:18 PM
Matt, I wouldnt even bother posting, ours got binned. lets leave them to theirs.

maca
26th March, 2012, 11:29 PM
it's beer time lads and there all on me :)

mattybhoy
26th March, 2012, 11:33 PM
Where else can we post? Their little plan worked! I read the Celtic thread this am and their was defo some goading going on by some. But to be fair some tims took the bait. Things were brought up that shouldn't have been.

To be fair to john I was replying to him and although we support a different team he talks a lot of sense and sees the bigger picture.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 01:26 PM
Matt, I wouldnt even bother posting, ours got binned. lets leave them to theirs.

rod yes let's post I like to see what decent Celtic fans are thinking and I'm sure it's likewise with yourself and some other decent forum members. Any old firm thread is sure to involve heavy scrutiny from the moderators so please let's follow the forum rules and respect other members. Lets show everyone that we can all have an adult discussion about the old firm without any sectarian comments and all the usual rubbish we see.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 01:57 PM
rod yes let's post I like to see what decent Celtic fans are thinking and I'm sure it's likewise with yourself and some other decent forum members. Any old firm thread is sure to involve heavy scrutiny from the moderators so please let's follow the forum rules and respect other members. Keys show everyone that we can all have an adult discussion about the old firm without any sectarian comments and all the usual rubbish we see.
John you seem a decent guy and i respect your views mate although i dont always agree with them. The Celtic football thread was hijacked by some the other day who changed a topic into a sectarian slanging match and the thread was closed. As a celtic fan who enjoyed posting on that thread i am pretty pissed off at that. Others are too.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 02:25 PM
kdc I know why the thread got closed and the mods were right to do so, I took a look into the celts thread to see what was happening I come from Glasgow and most of my mates are Celtic fans. One thing we all have to learn on here is that rangers and Celtic fans are one and the same, we love our club and we live football. With it comes the bad side the sectarianism- that can never be allowed to rear its head on here, this forum is and always will be better than that.

mattybhoy
27th March, 2012, 07:27 PM
John, I agree with you. It's good to get different opinions and we all enjoy a bit of banter don't we. But we all know where the line is, especially with Celtic/Rangers, just seems to me that some (on both sides like pushing it as far as possible and then even cry that they are being victimised or even bullied.

The Celtic thread has been open for a few month with no problems. You, Jim, Cg all posted, all had some banter and all gave a bit back. No problems. Unfortunately there are some from both sides that like bringing sh*te up and some that can't banter or indeed debate without bringing sh*te up. When they run out of things to say, it just comes out!

Now in an ideal world we would both have a thread and both sets of supporters would go on each and no lines would be broken. For that to happen the decent fans on here that don't resort in the sh*te should speak out against their own teams less enlightened members. It shouldn't be just down to the mods to police it, its our site and our forum - we should all show a bit of pride in it.

My last word on it is to the mods who are sick to the back teeth in policing football threads (not just OF ones). Please, please ban these members instead of closing threads. I'm not having a dig here, just don't want to see anymore threads being closed whilst some are walking away whistling.

Rant over. Sorry about that been on the old red today..;)

skegsagypsy
27th March, 2012, 08:11 PM
I stayed out of the footy forums for a while, told Matty I wouldn't be back as I didn't want to tread on egg shells, it seems to me regardless of how well behaved most are there are a few who imho are not supporters of either team but are more interested in trolling than football, and are either trying to force threads shut or worse still suck people in to get them banned, it won't happen to me over football threads as much as I enjoy them I'm not prepared to rise to the bait! I'm a Celtic supporter faithful thru and thru, but I'm on these forums for help when I need it and to give help where I can! I'll nosy in the sports section but from here on in, no more posts from me!

satsmo
27th March, 2012, 09:32 PM
My last word on it is to the mods who are sick to the back teeth in policing football threads (not just OF ones). Please, please ban these members instead of closing threads. I'm not having a dig here, just don't want to see anymore threads being closed whilst some are walking away whistling.

Why have you posted this on the thread when in fact you sent me a pm stating such yesterday? And I gave you a perfectly valid answer??

I also said we had a thread right at the top of this very section highlighting our stance on such matters.

I still will ask why you took it upon yourself to negate an answer to a pm, even though you replied to it with thanks?

Football threads in general are not something we "police", there are other things which requires more moderation and our sticky explains all this quite clearly!

mattybhoy
27th March, 2012, 10:25 PM
Why have you posted this on the thread when in fact you sent me a pm stating such yesterday? And I gave you a perfectly valid answer??

I also said we had a thread right at the top of this very section highlighting our stance on such matters.

I still will ask why you took it upon yourself to negate an answer to a pm, even though you replied to it with thanks?

Football threads in general are not something we "police", there are other things which requires more moderation and our sticky explains all this quite clearly!

I was pointing out that you guys (the mods) have a hard enough job as it is and 'we as members' could help by 'policing' our own, taking more responsibility. I was trying to give us using OF threads a kick up the arse. I don't know if you took it the wrong way, but I defo did not intend it to be taken like I think you have done. I also did not negate your response, I was trying to make a similar point to the thread and it's members, to add to 'the kick up the arse.'

I did appreciate your response to my PM and did thank you for it, though I'm slightly dissappointed that a private message from me to you is being openly discussed in a thread.

satsmo
27th March, 2012, 10:43 PM
And the same could be said of your need to post the same query on a thread that I had already answered via pm.

I would have no need to post this if you had not gone to the bother of ignoring the fact that your query had been answered. We moderate the threads as I said and the sticky thread created by BullDog is very much done so because of all this bickering within the football threads.

Also within that sticky thread it stated that we would have a zero tolerance policy and as said we will enforce it, but have the right to moderate threads as we deem necessary.

Your slight disappointment shouldn't be taken as me posting your pm as I have not done so, however posting a pm, getting an answer and then ignoring the response by creating the same query on thread is not the best course of action to take.

These are the sort of things that we find takes up a lot of time "policing". And with that I will refer back to our sticky and that is how all posts/threads that we deem requires moderating will be dealt with, (and have been), for now.

We can do the "kick up the arse" bit quite well, but I appreciate your re-iteration of the fact.

mattybhoy
27th March, 2012, 11:02 PM
Satsmo, I did not ignor your response by PM, as I pointed out and I didn't speak of your (or my) PM's before you did. Though I realise this is not a democracy and I don't hold any power, so with respect I'll take all you have said on the chin and will not say anymore.
:giveup:

satsmo
27th March, 2012, 11:10 PM
No problem with what you say Matty within reason, and power is overrated :)

I agree to disagree and will let the sleeping dog lie. However, if I find any more acronyms to back up my reasoning, I will be back :)

rds60h
28th March, 2012, 09:07 AM
Satsmo, I did not ignor your response by PM, as I pointed out and I didn't speak of your (or my) PM's before you did. Though I realise this is not a democracy and I don't hold any power, so with respect I'll take all you have said on the chin and will not say anymore.
:giveup:

Mattybhoy, you should have been a Rangers fan.
Then it could have been "No Surrender"

It's great to see fans from opposing clubs having banter and not just slagging one another off. We all know it's not just about football with Rangers and Celtic but we are all ordinary people and should treat each other as such.

mattybhoy
28th March, 2012, 10:54 PM
Rangers fans to pay debt to Dunfirmlin, but not Dundee Utd?

BBC Sport - Rangers fans will pay debt to Dunfermline but not Dundee Utd (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17543328)

What's your feelings on this? To be honest I don't know how much is owed to Dundee United, but if it's a similar amount would it not be in the best interest to pay that also? Just thinking ahead.. if there is to be any sort of vote - IF (big if) Rangers were to go into liquidation, would you run the rest of getting on the wrong side of one the voters (Dundee Utd)?

Snowy79
29th March, 2012, 07:27 AM
It's a sad day when a business is relying on the loyalty of fans to attempt to bail them out of the brown stuff. You can't go paying one debt and refuse to pay another, then quote "This is a debt of honour to a club of honour." Where's the honour in not paying a debt dohh. The fans have been brain washed by the clubs to believe they actually matter outside of making the owners rich.

allycoops
29th March, 2012, 08:10 AM
We owed Dunfermline 80 odd grand we paid 60 odd and now we are paying the rest. 22 grand

The money raised in the fighting club was and is to be used by the club to pay for anything it wants part form paying administrators. The decision on what to pay is made by a committee inc fans rep.

Dunfermline has been put in financial difficulty because of us. we are getting them out of that difficulty.

As to DU. f*ck them. They do not matter as do others. They have ridden on the back of us for to long. Neither will we forget what others have said and done when we are down.

The others, hopefully when the time is right, will get what's coming to them also.

Mods/Admin. Now that celtic have their own thread back, can we have our thread cleaned up and celtic supporters posts removed on this page as was done in the celtic thread.

allycoops
29th March, 2012, 08:42 AM
CALUM MURRAY claims Neil Lennon told him to 'get a f*****g grip' in their Old Firm tunnel bust-up at Ibrox.

Murray and fourth official Iain Brines have filed their reports to the SFA.

They detail the half-time clash ? and SunSport can reveal those are the words they insist were used by the Hoops boss which led to him being sent off.

Lennon ? who also now faces a THIRD SFA charge for comments he made ahead of Sunday's clash with St Johnstone ? was not punished for swearing.

Murray opted to take action because Brines told him Lennon continually stepped out of line throughout the first half.

Lennon insisted in the after-match press conference that he did NOT swear during his conversation with the match ref.

But that version of events is different to the two accounts filed by Murray and Brines.

They claim he said: "Get a grip, get a f*****g grip."

It's understood Rangers staff witnessed the exchange and are ready to back up the officials' report.

Lennon has until Tuesday to reply to the misconduct charge with a hearing scheduled at Hampden for April 19.

He and Murray also faced each other in the referee's room before the start of the second half, where another exchange took place before the Celts boss was told he was banned from the touchline for the rest of the game.

He was offered the chance by Rangers to sit in the directors' box.

But Celtic security staff advised him to sit in the press room instead.

Lennon could also be asked to explain comments he made this week ahead of the St Johnstone game.

He said: "It will be nice just to be able to go and think only about a game of football ? and maybe have a decent refereeing performance into the bargain."

Such statements are outlawed in the SFA's new code of conduct drafted up in the wake of last season's refs' controversy.

The punishment can be up to a three-match ban.

Meanwhile, the Celts boss has until tomorrow to reply to ANOTHER SFA charge relating to comments he made about ref Willie Collum after the League Cup Final defeat.

If he refuses to accept any wrongdoing he'll be given an opportunity to explain himself ? most likely on April 19 at the Hampden hearing for the case involving Murray.

next its time once and for all for our Club to hang lennon out to dry.

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 11:23 AM
Matty I think the debt should be paid by the club and that Dunfermline should reject the money. it's not right fans pay enough for the privellage already.

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 11:27 AM
allyoops if you are unhappy with a posting then please use the report it button, thats what I done with Brian Lara's post ( inciting hatred)

AgentD
29th March, 2012, 12:35 PM
I saw that post. Good on you, John.

barrowmanandrew
29th March, 2012, 01:31 PM
Calum Murray's decision to send off the 31-year-old has been upheld despite Celtic's appeal to overturn it.

SFA disciplinary panel upholds Cha Du Ri dismissal | Football | STV Sport (http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/301918-sfa-disciplinary-panel-upholds-cha-du-ri-dismissal/)

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 01:54 PM
guys I see Brian Lara's post was deleted because it was reported, this is what the mods want us all to do. Use the report it button instead of complaining about the content of a post or getting into an argument. Let's all work together to keep the rangers and Celtic threads clean, respectful and full of content that we can all enjoy and debate over.

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 01:56 PM
Calum Murray's decision to send off the 31-year-old has been upheld despite Celtic's appeal to overturn it.

SFA disciplinary panel upholds Cha Du Ri dismissal | Football | STV Sport (http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/301918-sfa-disciplinary-panel-upholds-cha-du-ri-dismissal/)

personally I think he was hard done by but I respect the refs decision. Celtic have to start respecting the refs decision too and move on, it's futile to constantly berate the refs and the establishment .

barrowmanandrew
29th March, 2012, 02:25 PM
personally I think he was hard done by but I respect the refs decision. Celtic have to start respecting the refs decision too and move on, it's futile to constantly berate the refs and the establishment .

my view entirely, i thought the sending off was a bit soft.
players in general seem to be taking more and more risks by shirt pulling, dubious use of arms and diving in and around the box.

referees have a tough job to do, it makes no sense to question every decision they make.
accept the decision and move on...

KDC
29th March, 2012, 05:06 PM

I agree John its over and done now. After all we have a title and Scottish cup to win. :dito: :celtictop:

allycoops
29th March, 2012, 06:25 PM
Matty I think the debt should be paid by the club and that Dunfermline should reject the money. it's not right fans pay enough for the privellage already.

What you on about John, the debt is being paid by the club with permission from the committee of the Fighting fund. The money in that fund is for Rangers and donated by fans.
Once its donated its Rangers Money to use how they want. So the club with permission from the fund committee are paying Dunfermline. Dunfermline are 9 million in the shit , part of that shit was caused by us do you honestly think Dunfermline are going to reject the cash wherever it comes from.

FFS, who needs enemies when we have fans like you. You should be proud of your club and your fellow fans for doing this, You sure you're a Bear.

As for Dundee Hibs I hope they have to whistle for their cash after they way they treated our fans putting up ticket prices and not honouring tickets for replayed games. ~~~~ Them.

As for Celtic's title, yep, but the cup aint won yet, I'm sure Hearts.hibs and sheep will have something to say about it hopefully

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 07:50 PM
What you on about John, the debt is being paid by the club with permission from the committee of the Fighting fund. The money in that fund is for Rangers and donated by fans.
Once its donated its Rangers Money to use how they want. So the club with permission from the fund committee are paying Dunfermline. Dunfermline are 9 million in the shit , part of that shit was caused by us do you honestly think Dunfermline are going to reject the cash wherever it comes from.

FFS, who needs enemies when we have fans like you. You should be proud of your club and your fellow fans for doing this, You sure you're a Bear.

As for Dundee Hibs I hope they have to whistle for their cash after they way they treated our fans putting up ticket prices and not honouring tickets for replayed games. ~~~~ Them.

As for Celtic's title, yep, but the cup aint won yet, I'm sure Hearts.hibs and sheep will have something to say about it hopefully

Ally i am a rangers fan, maybe i just see a bigger picture than you, but i thought the fighting fund was to keep rangers alive- not dunfermline.
I dont see how paying dunfermline such a small amount of money will save rangers in the long run.

allycoops
29th March, 2012, 08:02 PM
It is to keep Rangers ticking over until a new buyer takes over John.

We could of said ~~~~ Dunfermline and they would have became creditors like the rest.
Dunfermline acted honourably to us when we didnt have the cash to pay them and we have returned the gesture by paying them now.

I think that is the right thing to do concerning them.

Dundee UTD, well they reap what you sow.

dunfermline had already been paid 60K, we have now paid the balance.

As to the Bigger Picture? do you honestly think 22K makes any real difference to our survival. if it had been 2 million then maybe. But 22k to dunfermline is a hell of a lot of cash

johnboy1974
29th March, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ally i think it better if the money is saved up till it snowballs then maybe it can be used to pay a bigger more important bill that will probably pop up soon. Using small chunks of it like this is futile in my opinion.

allycoops
30th March, 2012, 08:05 AM
from Kenny Clark in the Sun

By Kenny Clark.

The Celtic boss is intelligent, articulate, entertaining and amusing.

But all of this is AWAY from a football park.

If anything, he is now more out of control at the side of the pitch than he ever was on it.

When he was on the park he at least realised if he was sent off he'd be accountable to others.

If he lost the place he was answerable to his team-mates at the end of the game and Martin O'Neill his then manager.

When he played for Celtic there were restraints placed upon him.

Now, as manager of Celtic, I can't help but feel there are no controls on him at all.

Right now he is a loose cannon and the slightest thing seems to set him off.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell is not doing enough to stop this from happening.

He should be meeting this head on and telling Lennon enough is enough.

He should be pointing out to Lennon this is no way for the Celtic manager to behave.

Lennon can't keep going in the same vein.

But the danger is no one at Celtic seems prepared to pull him aside and tell him straight, this is not on.

There is no doubt Lawwell should be doing more.

Rangers and Celtic are the two most influential clubs in the country.

And I know from watching my own son play football, this is true now more than ever before.

Youngsters and coaches are watching and mimicking their every move.

Ironically, Lennon was talking at the weekend about not being able to do his job. Really?

Why then was he sticking his nose into ref Calum Murray's affairs?

Murray, right, should have been allowed to do his job too.

Given his side's first-half performance at Ibrox, Lennon should have been walking up the tunnel thinking about what he was going to say to his players.

What does he want the ref to say: 'OK Neil on reflection considering what you have said, and with the language you have used, let's replay the first half'.

That is not going to happen. Lennon should have been concentrating on galvanising his own players.

Can you imagine the furore if Murray had approached Lennon in the tunnel at half-time and said: 'Hey, Neil, I want to have a word with you about your tactics and why Lee McCulloch is running amok against Charlie Mulgrew and Thomas Rogne'.

Lennon would have been apoplectic ? and rightly so.

Everyone remembers what happened last season when referees decided enough was enough and withdrew their labour.

The pressure on them at the time was remarkable, they were driven to that decision.

For a while after the strike, coaches and managers recognised they had to be a bit more restrained with their comments.

They recognised refs had a part to play in the game and that, just like the players, they will make mistakes.

It seems to me we are now sliding back down the slippery slope.

I don't think refs will go on strike again this season ? purely because we've only got seven games to go.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the events of the past two weeks are discussed at length by the officials in the summer.

We simply can't have a repeat of the scenario where the referee is blamed for every defeat.

When Celtic were on that great unbeaten run we heard very little, if any, criticism of referees.

All of a sudden, after back-to-back domestic defeats, things are getting piled on refs again.

Is Lennon being manipulative? Is he trying to take the heat off himself?

Is he trying to create a siege mentality? Who knows.

I suspect he simply explodes at the side of a park. I was at a dinner last week, before the Old Firm game was played.

I was sat next to a couple of Celtic fans and I left with the distinct impression that Lennon has now become an embarrassment to the silent majority.

They have had enough of his outbursts.

Remember, these guys were saying all of this BEFORE last Sunday's match at Ibrox.

Lennon keeps pushing it and pushing it and I've no doubt a dim view of his actions will be taken by those in power at Hampden. Quite simply, he can't be allowed to conduct himself in this manner every time a result goes against him.

And that brings us to this Sunday and the clash with St Johnstone at Celtic Park.

George Salmond is the man in the middle and I don't envy him at all.

Under the circumstances it will be a difficult game to referee.

But I'm sure he'll do what all officials would do in that situation.

Shut out the outside influence and concentrate on taking charge of the match.

That's all he can do ? that's all any ref can do.

allycoops
30th March, 2012, 08:07 AM
Latest from the Record

Mar 30 2012
Exclusive by Keith Jackson

BRIAN KENNEDY last night threw his weight behind Paul Murray?s plan to rescue Rangers.
And the Sale Sharks owner insisted he could team up with the Blue Knights if they need his cash to help oust Craig Whyte.
Kennedy reluctantly took a step back from the race to save the club from Whyte?s clutches yesterday when he was told by administrators his bid was not one of the biggest offers on the table.
Record Sport understands Murray?s group and a consortium from Chicago involving Club 9 Sports are considered by Duff and Phelps to be the two front runners now, although an unnamed British bidder and a party from Singapore are also still involved.
But, in an exclusive interview, Kennedy made clear his belief the Blue Knights should be given the keys to Ibrox.
And he did not rule out the prospect of adding some of his wealth to their bid.
Kennedy said: ?No, I would not rule myself out of getting involved with the Blue Knights if they need me to help save the club. If they need me, I?ll be there. If they don?t, I won?t. It?s all about saving the club.
?For now I will let Paul get on with this as he seems to have his investors all sorted out.
?The reason I don?t like consortiums is because it is so difficult to get all the parties around one table and to agree on things.
?But Paul has managed to get everything in place and organised to the point that he is able to produce the funds required. Therefore there is no need at this stage to involve me.?
Murray was quick to welcome Kennedy?s backing and also refused to rule out the prospect of teaming up.
Murray told Record Sport: ?I?ve been speaking regularly with Brian throughout this process and I am convinced he is a genuine guy who has the club?s best interests at heart. For that reason I am open to the idea of Brian joining our group.
?We need all the help and the ideas we can get because there are huge challenges facing the club and a great deal of work to be done.?
Kennedy also called for Whyte to back down on his threat to tip the club into liquidation rather than hand his shares over to Murray.
After emergency talks with Whyte in London on Wednesday, Duff and Phelps remain confident the shamed owner will NOT block any sale.
Kennedy, though, remains on a watching brief and says he will be willing to step in again should the club be plunged any further towards oblivion.
But he is now convinced that Murray?s rescue package is the best deal for the club.
He said: ?Currently I am the lowest bid. From day one I have always said I am here as a back stop should everything else fail and that remains the case. I am here to ensure Rangers doesn?t go out of business.
?The critical thing is that we need to move forward to ensure that we can put together a substantial team on the park in time for next season. Paul feels exactly the same way and we talk extensively every day about this.
?As things stand, we have players who have inserted clauses into their contracts which enable them to get out at the end of the season at a reduced value.
?They or their agents are probably going to be talking to other clubs because of all the uncertainty which surrounds Rangers.
?These guys will want to know who is going to be the owner? What are his plans going to be for the squad? How stable is the club going to be financially? What is the strategy of the owner?
?So the administrator needs to move quickly now to chose a best bidder. They need to chose the buyer and grant him a period of exclusivity in order to get this deal done.
?I hope that will be done with Paul because he definitely has the right intentions for the club and understands what is needed.
?So hopefully he can get in next week and start talking to the players and the manager and making all the plans that need to be made.?

scottymo76
30th March, 2012, 12:38 PM
Lads,

The fighting fund is set up to provide a financial back up service that allows Rangers to operate.

One of it's aims is to remove small debtors from the potential CVA pot thus allowing administration to be exited that little bit easier.

It is right that we paid Dunfermline however Dundee Utd CHARGED us money to get into a rearranged game from an abandonment so why should we pay people like that.

Thompson hates us and thinks he will be better off without us. This is just a short reminder that he wouldn't be.

Personally I would boycott Tannadice next season (Celtic fans should do the same as he treats them just as bad) and watch them die.

gracieboo
30th March, 2012, 04:49 PM
Johny ally and scotty you have all made valid points in what you have said about the fighting fund, but as rangers fans lets just agree to disagree and move on. So hows about lennon then what kind of punishment will it take for this man this time??? ps to all celtic fans comming onto the rangers thread this isn,t trolling are incitement i just want to know what the feelings on the ground are for this man.

johnboy1974
30th March, 2012, 10:24 PM
Gracie whatever the sfa do it seems to have no effect on Lennon. The man just seems to act and think of the consequences later, I have never known any manager of any club who acts such as he does. I don't know how the establishment can get him to tow the line.In Kenny Clarks interview as posted by ally, he says maybe the club and chairman have to do more.

johnboy1974
6th April, 2012, 07:22 AM
it's looking bleak guys in today's daily record the accounts show that the bears owe 140 million
5.5 million to trade creditors
26.7 million to ticketus
75 million to hmrc big case
5 million hmrc wee case
14 million hmrc unpaid paye
1 million to other Scottish football clubs
looks like the only way is liquidation

lac
6th April, 2012, 01:34 PM
Reading about the Rangers problem recently the offical figures appear to differ tax cases are as TBC (section 14.27)
administrators' report to creditors published on the club's website (http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/fe/a8/0,,5%7E174334,00.pdf).
Also read the last pubic statment from the tax office *If we lose this case we will appeal" that don't sound clear cut.

My view, the taxman want to win the case more than the money,that would enable them to go after others who would not be keen to go into administation,therefore collecting the full amount to be payed

johnboy1974
8th April, 2012, 11:52 AM
at first I thought the taxman was having a witch hunt with rangers but what's now becoming clear is that bills have been piling up and not been paid for a long long time .Rangers have basically been sticking two fingers up to anyone who was doing business with them and it's just disgusting- who is to blame for all this Murray- Whyte ?????

lac
8th April, 2012, 01:35 PM
Reading through the list there are lots of small amounts ,presume them to be recent therefore under White
It should not be forgotten that the money due to other clubs is smaller than the money due to Rangers.
Strange it appears two years before Whyte Rangers where ?33 million in debt to the bank reduced to ?18 million in two years
Yet a Whyte statement said there was a ?10 million black hole when he took over.
Have read a lot of Rangers problems as the same could happen to others, don't think whyte has the brains Gary Withey should be looked at.

mark015
8th April, 2012, 07:07 PM
The Laughing Tim by Billy No'Well - YouTube

johnboy1974
8th April, 2012, 09:53 PM
mark that video was brill mate.

shankill2012
22nd April, 2012, 03:30 PM
Congratulations to RANGERS on another hard fought win yesterday away to hearts which is never an easy place to go at the best of times , well done the teddy bears !

johnboy1974
23rd April, 2012, 09:51 AM
Congratulations to RANGERS on another hard fought win yesterday away to hearts which is never an easy place to go at the best of times , well done the teddy bears !

yes a good win and the boy little scored a brace well done to him.

KDC
24th April, 2012, 12:57 AM
SunSport can reveal a bitter bust-up with Rangers boss Ally McCoist saw the crocked striker suspended last night.

Lafferty has been ordered to stay away from Murray Park and Ibrox for two weeks, and banned from attending the final two home games of the season against Dundee United and Motherwell.

It?s believed the ?3.25million hitman, who has a year left on his contract, never wants to play for McCoist again.

The explosive fall-out follows the 24-year-old star?s failure to meet up with the squad last Friday for the trip to Edinburgh and an overnight stay ahead of the 3-0 win over Hearts at Tynecastle.

Livid McCoist summoned Lafferty ? who?s currently sidelined by a hernia problem needing surgery ? to his office and bluntly ordered him to keep away from Ibrox.

Yet, a source close to the player last night claimed the Gers boss had asked Lafferty to make himself available for action as a sub against the Jambos despite him being clearly unfit.

Lafferty, who played a major role in the last two Rangers? title triumphs with vital goals, was not willing to take that risk.

The Ulsterman has already made three sub appearances while not 100 per cent fit.

The same source also alleged that McCoist had CANCELLED two planned operations for the Northern Ireland ace, including one pencilled in for Manchester today.

It?s believed Lafferty was scheduled to head south last night to the same private hospital as Gers captain Steven Davis, who WILL get surgery for a similar injury which has ended his season.

Instead, Lafferty has been forced to remain at home and ponder his future.

The ex-Burnley frontman last month joined other top stars, including Allan McGregor, skipper Davis and Steven Naismith, in agreeing a desperate request from Rangers? administrators to take a 75 per cent wage cut.

SunSport revealed this month that Lafferty, signed in June 2008, had also insisted that in return for slashing his wages he would be available for a potential summer transfer at a cut-price ?500,000.

His career at Rangers has been littered with controversy, but he had become a key player under ex-boss Walter Smith and then McCoist.

But now it seems certain he has played his last game for Gers and will get that move away from his boyhood heroes

Wonder who they'll sign to repla.......oh wait.

shankill2012
24th April, 2012, 11:36 AM
If rangers can win 3 nil away to hearts then lafferty obviously wasn't missed and the rest of the boys done the business .RTID

johnboy1974
24th April, 2012, 11:50 AM
A cut price 500,0000 transfer I wonder who would even pay it !!!

mattybhoy
24th April, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm gutted he wont be playing this wknd. If nothing else he would have added extra spice due to the comments he made after the last Glasgow derby.

johnboy1974
24th April, 2012, 01:45 PM
It's a real shame Matty what's happened this season. Another meaningless old firm game. Normally we would be looking forward to this one for weeks and the result having major impact on the title destination.

johnboy1974
24th April, 2012, 01:48 PM
Good to see jelavic doing well down south. Another brace against man u at old Trafford. If he keeps this up I'm sure he will be catching the attention of the big 4.

colin mckenzie
24th April, 2012, 01:48 PM
did you look forward to the final old firm game during 9 in a row when they were meaningless? offcourse you did... all of sudden rangers fans playing down the game.

Snowy79
24th April, 2012, 04:11 PM
Who knows maybe when the contracts come up for renewal Celtic may be able to buy some cut price Scottish players and become a home Scottish team again. If they don't then the likes of Hearts may and Celtic will be on the back foot again.

Surely a confident supporter would want their only challengers to stay up so they can prove they are better. I know there's been financial benefits and due to that there's arguements for tainted wins. If that's the case then Celtic having greater financial benefits than almost every other team in the league must also be winning tainted games by this line of thinking.

SIMPLY THE BEST
24th April, 2012, 04:15 PM
Rangers' administrator Duff & Phelps has accused the Scottish FA of "prejudicing the survival" of the club.

The firm has requested an "immediate expedited appeals process" by the SFA so that it can challenge the sanctions it imposed on Rangers on Monday.

The SFA fined Rangers ?160,000 and banned them for a year from registering new players over the age of 18.

And the club's major shareholder Craig Whyte was hit with a lifetime ban from Scottish football and fined ?200,000.

But it is the player registration ban that has caused most concern for Duff & Phelps.

In a statement, joint administrator David Whitehouse said: "We are sure the authorities recognise that any potential purchaser or investor in a football club must have clarity in relation to its future playing capabilities and revenue potential.

"By failing to provide clarity in relation to pragmatic and commercially sensible penalties the authorities are by default prejudicing the survival of one of the clubs whose existence is key to the wellbeing of Scottish football.

"We will continue to work tirelessly over the next couple of days to attempt to secure the comfort from the football authorities as to the level of future sanctions which will be raised, so as to enable one of the bidders to proceed with an acquisition of Rangers Football Club Plc without further delay."

The SFA is obliged to send the club a "note of reason" to explain how it reached this verdict within the next 48 hours.

The club, as is normal in disciplinary matters, then has three working days to lodge a request for an appeal. Once that is received, the governing body appoints a new three-man panel to hear the appeal.

"The transfer embargo will come very close to crippling the club. It's very difficult to see what consequence this can have other than pushing Rangers right to the brink."

Whitehouse added: "The decision to prohibit the club from signing new players is akin to a court ordering the administrator of a trading company not to buy stock.

"The principal operating and trading asset of a football club are its players and an inability to sign new players frustrates both the ability of the company to trade and the statutory objectives of administration."

Duff & Phelps fear Rangers' struggle to field a competitive team next season could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues.

It would also seriously hinder Rangers' chances of the early return to European competition that they so badly need to balance their books.

An SFA spokesman said the panel will be comprised of experts from a "cab-rank system" that numbers "hundreds of retired officials, administrators, ex-managers and former players".

This panel would be chaired by a QC or senior judge, and could be up-and-running as early as next week.

Any further delay to this process would have grave repercussions for Rangers' hopes of emerging from their current crisis.

The administrators, who have been running the Glasgow giants since 14 February, had hoped to name a preferred bidder for the club on Monday.

But that deadline came and went, like many before, and any hope of proceeding towards an exit from administration under a new owner looks unlikely while future penalties for the club continue to arrive.

The SFA's action was a response to a number of misdemeanours by the club and its majority shareholder Craig Whyte, mostly dating from his takeover last May.

But there is also a series of Scottish Premier League penalties that will be voted on at the end of this month, and the small matter of an imminent verdict from a tax tribunal that could see a ?75m tax bill arrive at Ibrox.

colin mckenzie
24th April, 2012, 04:27 PM
Who knows maybe when the contracts come up for renewal Celtic may be able to buy some cut price Scottish players and become a home Scottish team again. If they don't then the likes of Hearts may and Celtic will be on the back foot again.

Surely a confident supporter would want their only challengers to stay up so they can prove they are better. I know there's been financial benefits and due to that there's arguements for tainted wins. If that's the case then Celtic having greater financial benefits than almost every other team in the league must also be winning tainted games by this line of thinking.

so rangers winning 9 in a row while cheating = celtic winning titles easily due to rangers being punished for cheating and you think thats the same thing??? lol

johnboy1974
24th April, 2012, 04:34 PM
did you look forward to the final old firm game during 9 in a row when they were meaningless? offcourse you did... all of sudden rangers fans playing down the game.

Thankfully there's folk on here can see the bigger picture Colin. No I didn't enjoy it when rangers cantered to 9 in a row bad for Scottish football. Much better to have it like its been the past few seasons right up to the last day.

KDC
24th April, 2012, 04:37 PM
so rangers winning 9 in a row while cheating = celtic winning titles easily due to rangers being punished for cheating and you think thats the same thing??? lol
But they should'nt be punished they're the establishment. Its all one big conspiracy and Lenny and the SFA are in cahoots dontcha know?

SIMPLY THE BEST
25th April, 2012, 05:34 PM
The Rangers Supporters Trust has accused the Scottish Football Association judicial panel of trying to "cripple" their club as they consider a series of protests and boycotts. On Monday, Rangers were hit with a ?160,000 fine and 12-month embargo on signing players aged over 17 after being found guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

Fans' groups will now consider protests including a boycott of the SFA's sponsors and the national team.

The club's administrators have warned the sanctions could seriously undermine attempts to rebuild, with the two interested parties still to submit finalised bids. Duff and Phelps also said they would appeal the sanctions.

A statement from the trust read: "This is a shameful decision that has been taken with the sole purpose of crippling Rangers Football Club. It is completely unacceptable and fans' groups will be meeting to explore how we jointly express our opposition to this decision in the strongest possible terms.

"This could include protesting at Hampden on on the day of the Scottish Cup Final as well as boycotting SFA sponsors William Hill, Carling and Vauxhall. All options are on the table and no Rangers player or supporter can credibly play in or support the national side until this ridiculous decision is reversed."

The trust also hit out at the timing of the SFA action. The governing body wrote to Rangers on 1 December, asking for clarification over Whyte's declaration 24 hours earlier that he had previously been disqualified as a director, a fact which emerged almost six weeks previously in a BBC documentary. The SFA announced it was launching a full independent inquiry on 17 February, three days after the club went into administration. The findings of the inquiry led to several charges against the club and Whyte, who has been banned for life from Scottish football and fined ?200,000.

The trust statement read: "Despite calls to delay this action, the SFA persisted with this case while the club was not in a position to adequately defend itself and had the SFA done its job in the first place on Craig Whyte then this entire saga could have been avoided. Rangers supporters are appalled by this decision, which brings shame on the SFA and the national game."

The Rangers Supporters Assembly made a similar point: "Just when the club needs the SFA to help it... they kick us when we are down. Why did the SFA not investigate when they said they had suspicions before Christmas rather than wait until the club went into administration?"

Duff and Phelps, have requested an immediate expedited appeals process over the sanctions. David Whitehouse, the joint administrator, said: "The decision of [the] judicial panel is in our opinion quite extraordinary. Not only in our opinion do the panel fail to have properly apportioned culpability between the club and Craig Whyte, they appear to have rendered a penalty which could have a very detrimental effect on the ability of the administrators to achieve a sale of the business or a Company Voluntary Arrangement. This, in turn, cannot be in the interests of Rangers Football Club or Scottish football."

Administrators said news of the sanctions could delay further their attempts to named a preferred bidder to take over the club. The former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights have requested more time to finalise their plans prior to any announcement on a preferred bidder, while the American businessman Bill Miller had asked for written assurances that there would be no football sanctions next season.

Whitehouse, who fears the process could be hampered further by last night's verdict, said it had already been held up by the Scottish Premier League's plans to vote on Monday on financial fair-play proposals. He added: "The football authorities are fully aware that we are in the throes of an extremely complex insolvency situation. There has been widespread support across the political spectrum and in the football world for Rangers to be saved as a club and a viable business, and last night's decision can only hinder rather than help."

Just like the treble and double melted away rapid style :rofl:

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/potd-meltingicecreamtruck.jpg

shankill2012
25th April, 2012, 11:09 PM
LINFIELD AND GLASGOW RANGERS - The TWO MOST SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL CLUBS IN THE WORLD to play each other in a glamorous friendly game on may 7th at windsor park belfast, kick off 3pm. RTID

skegsagypsy
26th April, 2012, 09:07 AM
Police are investigating comments made by Ally McCoist in reference to the committee who placed further sanctions on Rangers fc. The comments have taken a sinister turn after threats were made against the individuals involved.

BBC Sport - Rangers manager Ally McCoist 'disgusted' by threats to SFA panel (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17851897)

KDC
26th April, 2012, 10:40 AM
The Rangers Supporters Trust has accused the Scottish Football Association judicial panel of trying to "cripple" their club as they consider a series of protests and boycotts. On Monday, Rangers were hit with a ?160,000 fine and 12-month embargo on signing players aged over 17 after being found guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

Fans' groups will now consider protests including a boycott of the SFA's sponsors and the national team.

The club's administrators have warned the sanctions could seriously undermine attempts to rebuild, with the two interested parties still to submit finalised bids. Duff and Phelps also said they would appeal the sanctions.

A statement from the trust read: "This is a shameful decision that has been taken with the sole purpose of crippling Rangers Football Club. It is completely unacceptable and fans' groups will be meeting to explore how we jointly express our opposition to this decision in the strongest possible terms.

"This could include protesting at Hampden on on the day of the Scottish Cup Final as well as boycotting SFA sponsors William Hill, Carling and Vauxhall. All options are on the table and no Rangers player or supporter can credibly play in or support the national side until this ridiculous decision is reversed."

The trust also hit out at the timing of the SFA action. The governing body wrote to Rangers on 1 December, asking for clarification over Whyte's declaration 24 hours earlier that he had previously been disqualified as a director, a fact which emerged almost six weeks previously in a BBC documentary. The SFA announced it was launching a full independent inquiry on 17 February, three days after the club went into administration. The findings of the inquiry led to several charges against the club and Whyte, who has been banned for life from Scottish football and fined ?200,000.

The trust statement read: "Despite calls to delay this action, the SFA persisted with this case while the club was not in a position to adequately defend itself and had the SFA done its job in the first place on Craig Whyte then this entire saga could have been avoided. Rangers supporters are appalled by this decision, which brings shame on the SFA and the national game."

The Rangers Supporters Assembly made a similar point: "Just when the club needs the SFA to help it... they kick us when we are down. Why did the SFA not investigate when they said they had suspicions before Christmas rather than wait until the club went into administration?"

Duff and Phelps, have requested an immediate expedited appeals process over the sanctions. David Whitehouse, the joint administrator, said: "The decision of [the] judicial panel is in our opinion quite extraordinary. Not only in our opinion do the panel fail to have properly apportioned culpability between the club and Craig Whyte, they appear to have rendered a penalty which could have a very detrimental effect on the ability of the administrators to achieve a sale of the business or a Company Voluntary Arrangement. This, in turn, cannot be in the interests of Rangers Football Club or Scottish football."

Administrators said news of the sanctions could delay further their attempts to named a preferred bidder to take over the club. The former Rangers director Paul Murray's Blue Knights have requested more time to finalise their plans prior to any announcement on a preferred bidder, while the American businessman Bill Miller had asked for written assurances that there would be no football sanctions next season.

Whitehouse, who fears the process could be hampered further by last night's verdict, said it had already been held up by the Scottish Premier League's plans to vote on Monday on financial fair-play proposals. He added: "The football authorities are fully aware that we are in the throes of an extremely complex insolvency situation. There has been widespread support across the political spectrum and in the football world for Rangers to be saved as a club and a viable business, and last night's decision can only hinder rather than help."

Just like the treble and double melted away rapid style :rofl:

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/potd-meltingicecreamtruck.jpg
The jelly and ice cream theme is to symbolise the party mood of the Celtic fans when RFC die. A scenario that is very much a reality. Nothing to do with doubles and trebles.

Rodbouy
26th April, 2012, 11:08 AM
The jelly and ice cream theme is to symbolise the party mood of the Celtic fans when RFC die. A scenario that is very much a reality. Nothing to do with doubles and trebles.

He is not good a grasping and understanding stuff mate. Give him a break :)

KDC
26th April, 2012, 11:16 AM
No five stars on the new RFC top... Why's that?

SIMPLY THE BEST
26th April, 2012, 02:54 PM

You making this up as you go along :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: who cares if the celtic supporters symbolise it in the way you said,it wasn't posted to symbolise what celtic supporters think.

What it symbolises for me is your treble and double that you were all so sure was in the bag, just simply melted away like ice cream hence the picture

I think you need 1 or 2 hours in the shawl sonny http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8qqHR-zYKgIZLAZwh28RD9BbI4HvRRXhN2ptEhLHQg4vHmZZ71w

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7250/lennoncheated.jpg

PremierD
26th April, 2012, 04:33 PM
No one seems to listen .. so Closed