PDA

View Full Version : Converting 60 Series EGR to Non Egr

torqueman
5th April, 2011, 02:44 AM
I am starting this new thread because am receiving lot of calls from my customers to convert 03/04 60 series engines to non egr.All of them are tired of egr system.

So all the dks, please share your experience if somebody had done that.What else have to be changed.

I know somethings, link turbocharger, ecm programming.

Please share.

Thanks

joe5543
5th April, 2011, 02:48 AM
I am starting this new thread because am receiving lot of calls from my customers to convert 03/04 60 series engines to non egr.All of them are tired of egr system.

So all the dks, please share your experience if somebody had done that.What else have to be changed.

I know somethings, link turbocharger, ecm programming.

Please share.

Thanks

Why take the risk!! what if they get caught. They have tightened up on emmisions so much, who would pay the fine, it is like the guys that try to run the off road fuel in there trucks the officers at the scales have been known to look inside of the tanks, heavy fines.

torqueman
5th April, 2011, 03:07 AM
Why take the risk!! what if they get caught. They have tightened up on emmisions so much, who would pay the fine, it is like the guys that try to run the off road fuel in there trucks the officers at the scales have been known to look inside of the tanks, heavy fines.
Bro,
That is their problem for fines and risks.We can just do our work but we can make sure that we should warn and talk to the customer about the risks.

Thanks

ddmech
5th April, 2011, 03:10 AM
If we all followed the rules what would happen to mans search for knowledge?I think this is a great post.Gonna be interesting.

torqueman
5th April, 2011, 03:25 AM

Also bro there are already some of the guys in US and Canada who are doing this by turning egr to non egr.

SO if they can do that WHY can't we?

I think its not a big deal if we will participate here we can build a engine which, NO DIESEL ENGINE MANUFACTURER HAD MADE:beer::deal:!!!

torqueman
5th April, 2011, 05:15 PM
Also bro there are already some of the guys in US and Canada who are doing this by turning egr to non egr.

SO if they can do that WHY can't we?

I think its not a big deal if we will participate here we can build a engine which, NO DIESEL ENGINE MANUFACTURER HAD MADE:beer::deal:!!!

I think no body is having any idea for egr to non egr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas149
5th April, 2011, 05:19 PM
I see there are places offering ecm's to remove egr and dpf functions....Can't we do the same thing with our programming abilities here at DK? I would think so.

g0ne3
5th April, 2011, 05:30 PM
changing egr to non egr would be a very awesome thing to try hopefully someone does post some ideas i got a parked truck thats been there for over a year and the engine starts and runs i just cant run the truck but it will make a perfect test subject hopefully some do post.

torqueman
6th April, 2011, 12:50 PM
changing egr to non egr would be a very awesome thing to try hopefully someone does post some ideas i got a parked truck thats been there for over a year and the engine starts and runs i just cant run the truck but it will make a perfect test subject hopefully some do post.

Thats good idea,
Try your best,by changing turbo,programming ecm to no egr, blocking egr cooler and blocking venturi tubes and also removing delta p sensor,egr temp sensor, hopefully it will work also have to change boost pressure sensor because old engines were having low boost than egr one's.

dieselbear
7th April, 2011, 03:08 AM
About four years ago, I was working on a DDEC V engine at a Freightliner Dealer and noticed that there was no EGR valve or cooler and all the plumbing had been removed. The coolant plumbing for the cooler was joined together in place of the EGR cooler. The engine seemed to run fine and I don't remember the check engine light being on, not to say that the bulb wasn't burned out. Unfourtantly I did not get to drive the truck. So I can say that it is being done.

hercamp
7th April, 2011, 08:40 PM
Diesel-Spec-Inc - reparation moteur diesel Montreal Quebec Canada - Performance de moteurs diesels (Horsepower Calibration Drag Course) (http://diesel-spec-inc.com/performance-moteurs-diesels.html)

these people are the best on that job ...

Juanincho
8th April, 2011, 02:29 AM
Thats good idea,
Try your best,by changing turbo,programming ecm to no egr, blocking egr cooler and blocking venturi tubes and also removing delta p sensor,egr temp sensor, hopefully it will work also have to change boost pressure sensor because old engines were having low boost than egr one's.

You have to change the oil pressure sensor also, because it has a different scale range than the non-egr. (It's a different part number). You don't need to change the vgt (variable geometry turbo), remove the actuator and fix it to a position giving 32 psi max (at full load) using a screw, remove egr cooler and tubing and block the holes. I guess you don't need to change the boost pressure sensor, it will work. That's it. Of course, you have to reprogram the ecm to a non-egr program.

Juanincho
8th April, 2011, 02:31 AM
About four years ago, I was working on a DDEC V engine at a Freightliner Dealer and noticed that there was no EGR valve or cooler and all the plumbing had been removed. The coolant plumbing for the cooler was joined together in place of the EGR cooler. The engine seemed to run fine and I don't remember the check engine light being on, not to say that the bulb wasn't burned out. Unfourtantly I did not get to drive the truck. So I can say that it is being done.

Maybe they left connected all the sensors and actuators, or, they changed the ecm or the ecm program.

ddmech
8th April, 2011, 03:41 AM
I think this is going to be a trial and error situation.Im itching to try one.Just not had the chance yet.

MDR72
9th April, 2011, 05:22 AM
i have done several cummins and they are rewriting the ecm file and reinstalling it. never rewrote one myself but a customer of mine has purchased several kits from a company. they sent a turbo and removed the vgt. we removed egr abd cooler and also removed dpf filters. truck runs great what a power difference with no exhaust res. would really like to see a detroit done have several i would like to do keep posting

amishmafia00
19th April, 2011, 05:26 AM
we should be able to do this with dct, the actuator on a vgt isn't like a wastegate actuator. if you "fix" it in the wrong position you will either have turbo overspeed or too much lag. do you need to go to the trouble of removing the egr cooler? if the egr valve doesn't open why do you need to remove anything or block anything off? I think that this can all be done in the ecm. so if everything is done in the ecm it would be much more dificult to tell if egr has been disabled.
As far as fines go. just remember that such modifications are "for off road use only"

trucks
19th April, 2011, 10:02 AM
you can do it with dct and leave the vgt,however the power and fuel mileage gains are much bigger with putting on an older style turbo and disabling the vgt output in the ecm.that also requires heavy modding of the smoke map as the non vgt will not build boost as quickly

Juanincho
19th April, 2011, 05:04 PM
we should be able to do this with dct, the actuator on a vgt isn't like a wastegate actuator. if you "fix" it in the wrong position you will either have turbo overspeed or too much lag. do you need to go to the trouble of removing the egr cooler? if the egr valve doesn't open why do you need to remove anything or block anything off? I think that this can all be done in the ecm. so if everything is done in the ecm it would be much more dificult to tell if egr has been disabled.
As far as fines go. just remember that such modifications are "for off road use only"

OK, you're right, you should put a wastegate on the fixed vsg turbo, and you can leave everything else there, but as trucks said, leaving the turbo as a old style or putting a single turbo (a friend of mine said a mack turbo works excellent) will help you with fuel economy and engine response. On the other hand, leaving the egr cooler would be a failure in the future and you'll be removing it sooner or later. Maybe.
And it would be better and faster reprogramming the ecm with a non egr program instead of changing parameters in dct, I've done this conversion two times and they haven't failed.

Underpsi
19th April, 2011, 06:55 PM
What parameters needs to be changed in DCT to remove it?

Is there a flash file available that you could just do a straight flash and be done with it? If so what is the number?

Thanks

amishmafia00
20th April, 2011, 03:14 AM
OK, you're right, you should put a wastegate on the fixed vsg turbo, and you can leave everything else there, but as trucks said, leaving the turbo as a old style or putting a single turbo (a friend of mine said a mack turbo works excellent) will help you with fuel economy and engine response. On the other hand, leaving the egr cooler would be a failure in the future and you'll be removing it sooner or later. Maybe.
And it would be better and faster reprogramming the ecm with a non egr program instead of changing parameters in dct, I've done this conversion two times and they haven't failed.

good point on the egr cooler failure, so you can take it off and send it to me,:top: we use them as heat exchangers on stationary engines with filtered pond water and then run an air fan clutch so we get max power unless we absolutely need the fan. i would think that you could get the vgt to do better than a standard turbo but have never messed with one what about a compound turbo with the vgt as the small turbo, never done it but i wonder how it would work, if you could get it under the hood. the turbo's we use are a borg warner unit, if we buy 3 at a time we get them for pretty cheap, and it looks like the same turbo that PDI sells as their stage 2 turbo for $2600! Yikes! Is there a ddecv program without egr? i just figured there probably wasn't.

amishmafia00
20th April, 2011, 03:20 AM
i have done several cummins and they are rewriting the ecm file and reinstalling it. never rewrote one myself but a customer of mine has purchased several kits from a company. they sent a turbo and removed the vgt. we removed egr abd cooler and also removed dpf filters. truck runs great what a power difference with no exhaust res. would really like to see a detroit done have several i would like to do keep posting
i bet they didn't "remove the vgt" my gues is they swaped them out for a hx ($700 ish if i remember right) and took the vgt turbo, went over it and sold it. parts are not available for these turbos yet so the only options are new from cummins $3200 or reman frrom cummins $2800. ouch. Double ouch when mechanic doesn't clean out intake tubes properly and a piece goes through the new turbo and destroys it.

acid325
20th April, 2011, 03:44 AM
he exist a flash file but for engine do not go over 30 miles hour if you put this on a regular travel truck the piston rip inton 500 miles of road on a ddeck 5
a egr turbo on a detroit diesel dont go over 600 hp at wheel yes it go but dont have enough of air alot of boost but not alot of air and remove the egr is possible just work alot is more diffucult maybe if you try too buy an ecm too diesel spec and take the programmation but i now because im not far of him if you take is programmation you need more then the ecm too make it work.... that cost more then 6000
and take out the egr mecanicaly cost 6000 maybe 8000 depend on the price you paid the pieces... but you need a head injector harness sensor cam turbo and its work work great i make a couple like that...

dieselman77
20th April, 2011, 03:54 AM
If you want to do something like that you should call JBALL ecm in Canada they specialize in emissions deletion and they can probably change any other thing you would need to change to make ti work for you

Emgo
20th April, 2011, 06:07 PM
Turbo Resource Inc. located in Arizona can rebuild most VNT turbos. They even build some custom VNTs.

http://www.turboresource.com/

torqueman
25th April, 2011, 05:11 PM
You have to change the oil pressure sensor also, because it has a different scale range than the non-egr. (It's a different part number). You don't need to change the vgt (variable geometry turbo), remove the actuator and fix it to a position giving 32 psi max (at full load) using a screw, remove egr cooler and tubing and block the holes. I guess you don't need to change the boost pressure sensor, it will work. That's it. Of course, you have to reprogram the ecm to a non-egr program.[/QUOTE]

Dear,
Can you please tell me how to set the screw to 32 psi and how you can know that it is set to 32 psi.

Other things I can do but don;t know how to calibrate turbo to 32 psi .

Thanks

Juanincho
25th April, 2011, 07:53 PM
You have to change the oil pressure sensor also, because it has a different scale range than the non-egr. (It's a different part number). You don't need to change the vgt (variable geometry turbo), remove the actuator and fix it to a position giving 32 psi max (at full load) using a screw, remove egr cooler and tubing and block the holes. I guess you don't need to change the boost pressure sensor, it will work. That's it. Of course, you have to reprogram the ecm to a non-egr program.

Dear,
Can you please tell me how to set the screw to 32 psi and how you can know that it is set to 32 psi.

Other things I can do but don;t know how to calibrate turbo to 32 psi .

Thanks

To calibrate the turbo you have to do several road test, adjusting the vanes from some open, closing them a little, test again, using a mech boost gauge. 32 psi is the highest and safest value for s60 engines, at my experience. :afraid:

acid325
7th May, 2011, 03:41 AM
he have a flashfile made for that i have it
just put the flash in the ecm open dddl and ajust the turbo maybe one hour that depend of each truck

alsop
9th May, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hope this helps with questions
downloadlink
https://rapidshare.com/files/461456486/Series_60_Training.rar

Vitamin
10th July, 2011, 07:40 PM
I have built a simulator of DPS DDEC V - Look at heavy loaded truck with a virgin EGR
http://www.mediafire.com/?pl6j0z9ohpgl1r8 (https://rapidshare.com/files/151409225/Loaded_Up.ddl)
and the completely removed one
http://www.mediafire.com/?6uvd0ey05a7a70t

ddmech
14th July, 2011, 03:02 AM
How does this work?What program do you open it with?Thanks.

Emgo
14th July, 2011, 03:56 AM
How does this work?What program do you open it with?Thanks.

I opened it with DDL, but DDL is looking for certain file types. Just select all files and DDL will load the file and you can play the recordings and observe the differences between the two.

Emgo

ddmech
14th July, 2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks,man.I will try that.

torqueman
21st July, 2011, 03:04 AM
I have built a simulator of DPS DDEC V - Look at heavy loaded truck with a virgin EGR
https://rapidshare.com/files/151409225/Loaded_Up.ddl
and the completely removed one
https://rapidshare.com/files/576496709/Loaded_Up_Sim.ddl

no idea how to open that.

Emgo
22nd July, 2011, 04:16 AM
no idea how to open that.

torqueman,
I was able to open the files with DDL. Select file, then open. DDL will be looking for .CDF files. Use the drop down arrow and select all files, you will then be able to open the files in DDL. After DDL loads the file select play at the left bottom of the screen. Both recordings are about 7 minutes long. During the playback click on the EGR tab and will see one file seems to have the ERG disabled or least slowed down. It really doesn't say how this was achieved, but it's interesting to watch. Notice the difference in boost levels between the two recordings.

Emgo

ddmech
22nd July, 2011, 04:47 AM
Noy got it working either but Im getting closer.Just curious.

Emgo
22nd July, 2011, 03:48 PM
Take a look at these screen shots and see if helps. Number 5 is with the recording playing and the EGR tab selected. There is no information I can see in these files about how to delete EGR so after all this trouble don't be disappointed.

Emgo

Vitamin
27th July, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hi brothers open DDDL > Snapshot > Open > Graph > Modify > PWM3 Output, PWM4 Output, Boost Pressure, EGR Delta Pressure, Engine Speed, Turbo RPM > Play

tsuriv
2nd August, 2011, 09:00 PM
I try to cut EGR some trucks. No need to remove anything, just program DDEC V ECM. EGR valve close mean no EGR flow can mix with fresh air.
Everything ok. Very smooth, stronger than before. But Non-EGR take about 5% fuel more.
Can any way to decrease engine power, this may make fuel more economy.
This is snapshot:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2398624776/57L8632.ddl (https://rapidshare.com/files/2398624776/57L8632.ddl)

Vitamin
2nd August, 2011, 10:13 PM
But per graph ECM reads DPS - did you unplug it and EGR valve? Are there any faults?

joesmith8888
4th September, 2011, 05:17 PM
I try to cut EGR some trucks. No need to remove anything, just program DDEC V ECM. EGR valve close mean no EGR flow can mix with fresh air.
Everything ok. Very smooth, stronger than before. But Non-EGR take about 5% fuel more.
Can any way to decrease engine power, this may make fuel more economy.
This is snapshot:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2398624776/57L8632.ddl (https://rapidshare.com/files/2398624776/57L8632.ddl)

I was thinking of basicly doing the same thing. I was going to set either "base egr rpm" to highest setting possible, or set "egr coolant temp off" to really low number, I think that will make ecm stay in boost mode and egr will stay closed.

Vitamin
4th September, 2011, 08:17 PM
The easiest way to force the boost mode - just replace a baro sensor by a couple of resistors but ECM will see EGR

dannyklx
26th September, 2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks mates, really helps a lot my knowledge.
Excuse my bad English Know!!

sv_sivk
26th September, 2011, 04:47 AM
vitamin, what should the value of the resistors be or what is the desired value for the baro sensor should see?
by the way this is a great post. most guys i know are getting horrible fuel mileage to the likes of 5.5mpg hauling refrigerated freight cross country in US. the old 12.7 detroits saw 7mpg easy.

shisik
26th September, 2011, 03:22 PM
is who in practice, removed the DRF or EGR in ECM

Vitamin
30th September, 2011, 01:13 PM
EPA04 Series 60 EGR Technician's Manual (DDC-SVC-MAN-
0078)
Altitude ***8212; The engine will transition between EGR and boost mode at an altitude of 6500 ft.
Altitude is determined by the Barometric Pressure Sensor located on the engine.

So replace Baro by 39 kOhm between GRA and PNK, 27 kOhm between PNK and BLK

That will disable EGR for a VNT testing

xh594328
26th December, 2012, 06:30 PM
there is the experience of removal system EGR !
need help in registration of the program DDRS 6x...
who became interested in writing a personal message.

detroit747
26th December, 2012, 06:46 PM
As far as the calibration side goes why now use a cal from an Australian motor they only introduced egr on the Ddec V. And only maybe two years ago I think so if your looking for a non egr cal from a series 60. our Australian ones would be the go , I've got lots let me know what you need

Vitamin
26th December, 2012, 10:14 PM
Do you have DDEC 5 w/o EGR (sounds like 'a pink elephant')? Or DDEC 4 w/o EGR (sounds like 'a grey elephant')? Please specify...

detroit747
27th December, 2012, 12:37 AM
No sorry not the V's oonly the IV's

nhatkhai
27th December, 2012, 03:13 AM
vitamin, what should the value of the resistors be or what is the desired value for the baro sensor should see?
by the way this is a great post. most guys i know are getting horrible fuel mileage to the likes of 5.5mpg hauling refrigerated freight cross country in US. the old 12.7 detroits saw 7mpg easy.

here you go

cumminsisx
28th December, 2012, 08:54 AM
how long is the gnine lasting with this mod its temperary good for engine rebuild companys yr gona need engine inframe soon u need to do it proper way and flash it with eupreon flash files

nhatkhai
29th December, 2012, 04:01 AM
how long is the gnine lasting with this mod its temperary good for engine rebuild companys yr gona need engine inframe soon u need to do it proper way and flash it with eupreon flash files
LOL, I have ran this for over a year now, I haven't rebuilt motor, my fuel mileage is better and truck runs great, when you run thuis mod and it blows your motor, let me know, till then quit spamming as you are talking of something of which you know naught of.

detroit747
29th December, 2012, 09:02 AM
Lol my thoughts exactly.

cumminsisx
29th December, 2012, 11:10 AM
what happens to turbo when u keep it in load meaning high speed it shows boost all the time yr running in dyno mode budy yr luck if yr engine lasted when yr turbo bearing let go then u will find out those thrust bearing are always underload i ran dyno for year

nhatkhai
30th December, 2012, 03:35 AM
what happens to turbo when u keep it in load meaning high speed it shows boost all the time yr running in dyno mode budy yr luck if yr engine lasted when yr turbo bearing let go then u will find out those thrust bearing are always underload i ran dyno for year

seeing as how I did this mod to save money, of which I state that I surely am, and turbos aren't cheap, do you think I am buying turbos? NO!, quit spamming threads. out of 40 trucks in my fleet 23 are running this and going strong, overall savings on 1 mpg extra is astounding for this past year, and no more hearing drivers whine about the gutless detroit 14 liter that they are running in there truck, not trying to be mean here but I know that you haven't ran this and are full of smoke, before running this on any of my other trucks I ran extensive tests with the first unit and it tested out performance wise and economy much better than it was when new with the egr controlling it's every move. If you want to have a fit about it than start a thread about how the world is coming to and end on dec 21st and your truck will burn if you run this mod, thank you.

Khai:jiggin:

ddtech
30th December, 2012, 04:11 AM
here you go
hi, i tried this resistor mod last week,
i recorded a snapshot for about 1 hr ( under heavy load city+highway)
after when all temps come to thier operating range
egr valve is commanded approx 17% max after a hard acceleration

1 main concern that i have is after installing the resistors, oil pressure sensor reading jumps to 4 psi at engine off, now that 4 psi is going to make a big difference if your engine is worn n torn with low oil pressure to start off with, big damage !!!!!

parezoo
30th December, 2012, 04:26 AM
So why you just dont do the ECM tune and get it done properly? isn't that the better option?

nhatkhai
30th December, 2012, 06:39 AM
hi, i tried this resistor mod last week,
i recorded a snapshot for about 1 hr ( under heavy load city+highway)
after when all temps come to thier operating range
egr valve is commanded approx 17% max after a hard acceleration

1 main concern that i have is after installing the resistors, oil pressure sensor reading jumps to 4 psi at engine off, now that 4 psi is going to make a big difference if your engine is worn n torn with low oil pressure to start off with, big damage !!!!!

if your engine is worn and torn why do you mess with it? it needs an inframe, correct? the reason being with this mod is my trucks are in california based company, I bypass barometric pressure but leave inline with no visual hints so as all purposes it looks as if my trucks are in regs per epa crap in california, if you are lucky to be outside USA then do as you please, but in US I do not run broken down trucks as the truck makes me money running, not breaking down, I inframe as need be, most detroits at 750,000 to 900,000, depends on the driver of the truck as to when I need to do it, mod is active before and after inframe, turbo replacement is usually around 800,000 miles whether it needs or not.l get a good deal from performance turbo on Garret turbo which is stock for the 14 liter, I have heard the holsett water cooled is next in line on the later model detroits, but am running 2006 only in my fleet and will not upgrade till economy jumps.

Gear head
30th December, 2012, 08:19 PM
Much easyer way with dct no wires no mess just no working egr.....

parezoo
30th December, 2012, 08:26 PM
Much easyer way with dct no wires no mess just no working egr.....

Yes but there are a lot of parameters to be changed and one should know them!

Gear head
30th December, 2012, 08:36 PM
no pretty easy i do with just 2 settings.

parezoo
30th December, 2012, 09:02 PM
I have DDEC V and IV cals with no EGR and with EGR and when i compare there are more than 2 parameters changed.

With only disabling EGR valve you wont get the check engine or any other effect?

Gear head
30th December, 2012, 11:18 PM
no I can tell you but not here.

parezoo
30th December, 2012, 11:21 PM
Pm pls....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ddtech
31st December, 2012, 03:29 AM
if your engine is worn and torn why do you mess with it? it needs an inframe, correct? the reason being with this mod is my trucks are in california based company, I bypass barometric pressure but leave inline with no visual hints so as all purposes it looks as if my trucks are in regs per epa crap in california, if you are lucky to be outside USA then do as you please, but in US I do not run broken down trucks as the truck makes me money running, not breaking down, I inframe as need be, most detroits at 750,000 to 900,000, depends on the driver of the truck as to when I need to do it, mod is active before and after inframe, turbo replacement is usually around 800,000 miles whether it needs or not.l get a good deal from performance turbo on Garret turbo which is stock for the 14 liter, I have heard the holsett water cooled is next in line on the later model detroits, but am running 2006 only in my fleet and will not upgrade till economy jumps.

yes i understand, it needs the whole 9 yards but not every1 can maintain thier equipment and thats 1 of the reason we try to by pass the egr so we dont have to maintain/ replace parts, its just a heads up to those running with low oil pressure with the resistor MOD.... cheers

detroit747
1st January, 2013, 03:21 PM
Australian DDEC 4 cals without egr

utcatmech
11th January, 2013, 11:46 PM
So is it possible to do an egr delete on a 2005 detroit, looking at maybe doing it for a friend

aaronmtz
16th January, 2013, 02:26 AM
Friend this solves the problem

Detroit Diesel Series 60 EGR Barometric Performance Module | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detroit-Diesel-Series-60-EGR-Barometric-Performance-Module-/190778488037?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item2c6b48b4e5&vxp=mtr)

torqueman
16th January, 2013, 02:50 AM
That is simple.Anybody can make it.You just need 02 Resistance of 10 Kohm with 1/2 watt resistance.
Connect it together and connect inplace of Baro sensor.

Thats it.

torqueman
17th January, 2013, 01:49 PM
I hae done on 06 ddec v.Will let you guys know when the truck is back after trip.

donniemnemonic
2nd February, 2013, 11:27 PM
That is simple.Anybody can make it.You just need 02 Resistance of 10 Kohm with 1/2 watt resistance.
Connect it together and connect inplace of Baro sensor.

Thats it.

Hi m8

Schematic of this please. Do I just connect the 2 10K resistors like a voltage divider?

Regards
Donniemnemonic

torqueman
3rd February, 2013, 04:01 PM
here is the link to do all

Detroit Series 60 EGR Disable Solution (http://www.truckstopcanada.ca/forum/showthread.php?7087-Detroit-Series-60-EGR-Disable-Solution)

torqueman
3rd February, 2013, 04:07 PM
Here is folder attached.

torqueman
15th February, 2013, 12:58 PM
Did sombody tried the upper post solution to disable the egr valve.

buck4430
16th February, 2013, 05:58 PM
Yes I ran it on a 14L ddec IV and dddec V, Worked great but all your egr parts still have to work. I ran it about 120k miles and it helped the power and picked up about .4 mpg also no more hiccup. If your thinking about it I would not wast another day. I soldered mine together and used blue snap wire connectors (I think they are called butt connectors ) to tap into the wires and remove the sensor

evervas
1st March, 2014, 10:56 PM
i make this work easy

1) remove all egr sistem, exhaust manifold, egr cooler all the things of the egr, and seal the tubes an hoses
2)instal an old exhaust manifold, and old ddev4 turbo, and and old ddec iv turbo boost sensor
3) reprogram the ecm

use calibration tools to open an non egr calibration, now convert this calibration using a met file of the calibration version your ecm uses
now download the calibration and test the performanse,

any quetion pm me, i have done this work many times and never has a problem

jackalfa
4th March, 2014, 02:20 AM
Someone has a non EGR 12.7 DDEC V cal version 3 to share?
thanks in advance...

ramsi17
4th March, 2014, 02:34 AM
hi jackalfa i have a cal for dct but i dont to prove.

pm

Serhio632
6th March, 2014, 09:15 AM
i make this work easy

1) remove all egr sistem, exhaust manifold, egr cooler all the things of the egr, and seal the tubes an hoses
2)instal an old exhaust manifold, and old ddev4 turbo, and and old ddec iv turbo boost sensor
3) reprogram the ecm

use calibration tools to open an non egr calibration, now convert this calibration using a met file of the calibration version your ecm uses
now download the calibration and test the performanse,

any quetion pm me, i have done this work many times and never has a problem

hi m8!
could u plz upload met files (is it *.prg files, i'm right?)
and why did u replace turbo boost sensor by the old one and exhaust manifold?

czeslaw
12th March, 2014, 08:05 AM
did anybody do delete on ddec6 epa07 ?

amishmafia00
14th March, 2014, 02:51 AM
hi m8!
could u plz upload met files (is it *.prg files, i'm right?)
and why did u replace turbo boost sensor by the old one and exhaust manifold?

no need to change manifold or sensor

evervas
20th August, 2016, 04:22 PM
did anybody do delete on ddec6 epa07 ?

I can do it by teamviewer

detroit60series
7th January, 2017, 02:46 AM
Is anyone here Looking to Convert Detroit 60 series DDEC4-5 EGR Engine to Non EGR ? 2002 thru to 2007 I have done a Few all we did mechanically to the engine is ""fix"" the VGT in 1 position The rest is done in ECM has anyone else done it this way ?

nomorenoless
9th January, 2017, 12:10 AM
I do,

The calibration that evervas is talking about you can find them on the metal files, must of Calibrations tool for download have it, just copy all the files (not inside folders) just all on the metal files folder.

About EPA 07, I have two options, one editing the Parameters and another with KTAG, oh a last one combined.

On EPA07, after perform the delete, you should not get any error, however, after near 400 or 500 miles, the customer should get an error 1037 (ash accumulator)
When this error pop up, just go back with the delete procedure where you will find few parameters has changed, just put bad them as they should be.

Now the error will pop up in 600 or 700 miles, do the same thing.

the error, 1037 will appear most of times, you can delete that error, but someone with KTAG has to edit elements of the ECM.

The other option is du entirely on KTAG, is someone is good tuning should end perfect!

nomorenoless
9th January, 2017, 12:13 AM
bud is a very risky operation, with a possible victim (the differential) in some miles, (I don't know how many) your differential will be gone, but the first one to die will be the Turbo, that's the moment when you know you have an issue.