PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone has the wire sys for 2006 Freightliner Columbia

Biggame520
5th April, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have a 2006 Columbia and the Fan Clutch is always one. I have already check the Fan solenoid, the A/C switch and temp sensor. I have went into DDDL and turn off the fan and when I start the engine then about 5 second later the fan kick on even while the engine is cold and the A/C is not on. I have brought a new HVAC control unit and that was not the problem. Also I have notice that is there ground missing because when I use a wire test and put ground into the Fan Solenoid the fan cut off. If anyone has the whole truck wire schematics it be great. I will spend over 3 weeks on this truck:stupid:. Someone please help. Thank you!!

joshplianfield
6th April, 2011, 02:22 PM
apply ground as you already did then go to dddl and command the fan off, what happens?

, does commanding the fan on and off change the power wire to the solenoid?

Biggame520
7th April, 2011, 01:11 AM
Just checked, When key on and the Fan is on OFF mode and the fan is engaged. Then I switched to ON mode and the fan disengaged. Then when I turn the engine on for about 5 second the fan turn back to OFF mode and the fan is engaged. The fan will stay engaged and will not disengaged. Do you know where I should start checking? Thank you!

jabkissmya
7th April, 2011, 04:16 AM
on fan solenoids on freightliners with seies 60, are constant power with the ecm controlling the ground, if fan will turn on and off normally with dddl, then i suggest looking at the ac status switch, and also verifying temp and everything like that is reading poperly. on the ddec v ecm contolled engines their is a direct wire from ecm to fan solenoid, the ecm turns fan on and off by detecting the signal from the fan switch. as well as reading temp from coolant temp sensor

Biggame520
8th April, 2011, 02:37 AM
The problem was a wired from the ECM harnesswas cut. Reconnect the wire and now everything is working. Thank you!!!!!

hugos31
23rd July, 2012, 06:28 AM
as, used DDDL; to activate fan-in 180 degrees fahrenheit ?