PDA

View Full Version : x box360 live

newitt
5th April, 2011, 07:44 PM
i have just bought a xbox 360 for my son. can anyone please tell me how to connect wirless. as you might have guessed i am not very good with these things i have spent all day but its keep saying no wireless network found. by the way why is my ip adress saying 0.0 all te time. any help would be appreciated as this is my first post.

scott8999
5th April, 2011, 08:25 PM
have you connected to the right wireless network?? and also you used the correct WEP/WPA-2 Key ???

taz10
5th April, 2011, 10:31 PM
do you have a wireless adapter or a lan cable pluged in to xbox....

newitt
6th April, 2011, 03:32 PM
this is a brand new x box 250gb wirless. therefore when i do a search for wireless network, then it says no wireless found. i have not tried the the ethernet cable because my router is upstairs and i have x box in the front room downstairs

cgscott
6th April, 2011, 04:32 PM
Have you went into your router and made sure wireless is on?

Set SSID, encryption and password?

ricopicouk
6th April, 2011, 07:59 PM
bare in mind that some routers from companies like talktalk / orange, need a button pressed on the side of the router before its 'findable

newitt
6th April, 2011, 07:59 PM
my daughter's laptop is working fine with wireless. the internet has been working fine on the laptop so i presume router is ok.
so can you please tell me do i still look into my router or
is there another problem. thanks

newitt
7th April, 2011, 06:05 PM
ok guys its sorted. after 2 whole days messing with it, i rang the customer services and after few attempts of rebooting router it is working. next question on my laptop the curser keeps changing when typing. any clues. thanks

ricopicouk
12th April, 2011, 04:18 PM
sounds like a virus to me.