9th December, 2011, 06:55 PM
diagun cant diagnosise jeep cars

Pzolee
9th December, 2011, 07:16 PM
Best of Launch...:)

quickjoe196
10th December, 2011, 02:39 AM
question: WHAT I:pepsi:S BEST, DIAGUN LAUNCH OR launch X-431
I use original Launch x431 master, and its great, 0 problems, covers a ton of cars.
Software is/should be identical but with diagun you have to worry about batteries. With x431 you just hook a trickle charger to the battery and you can leave the scanner on for hours as you diagnose problems, no need to recharge. Plus x431 is more heavy duty in my opinion, and if there will be multiple ppl in the garage using it you are far better off.

NZBrakelathes
10th December, 2011, 03:52 AM
If needding Diagun from good supplier PM me :) I dont sell but I met a GREAT seller in China has knowladge etc etc and I seen the onloine account he gets info from etc

miha99
10th December, 2011, 09:06 PM
With diagun you have to worry about batteries , yes of course, did you try how long it takes lipo in main unit?
And what do you think, it`s not posible to plug Diagun with empty batt over the cable and do the diagnostic?
And guess what, Diagun is also from X431 family.

quickjoe196
10th December, 2011, 09:36 PM
With diagun you have to worry about batteries , yes of course, did you try how long it takes lipo in main unit?
And what do you think, it`s not posible to plug Diagun with empty batt over the cable and do the diagnostic?
And guess what, Diagun is also from X431 family.

Yes of course you can, if you are a weekend mechanic its all good, busy shop with 8 techs.... not so much, just pointing my experience. No need to flame.

miha99
12th December, 2011, 09:16 PM
And which tool is beeter for road test? big brick x431 or small Diagun?
Just facts.
Otherwise peace bro OK.

Griunvaldas
15th December, 2011, 08:03 PM
I use original X431 Master and AutoBook. Why better than KTS? Covers a lot of cars, has lot of functions and DO NOT HAVE TO PAY YEARLY FEE!!! U can upgrade it whenever U want. In my opinion paying each year for KTS sucks :)

djorgensen
16th January, 2012, 05:58 PM
X431 is not that good

great on the car you do today, another car will come in which you thought you could code etc tomorrow and you will come undone

how do i know? i often have other garages bring car around for just a code scan becuase their x431 cannot do it. i reckon one that is just up the road from me bring me at least 1 if not 2 cars a week they couldnt even talk to the engine on. ( i mean when you dont cheat with OBD access which doesnt give you all the live data etc)

bosch kts, i have lots of them here, they are great. you dont have to pay for subscription, someone will get you an activation code
As for coverage, its good. it doesnt do everything the x431 does but then the x431 doesnt do every the KTS does either

the truth is, you need both

djorgensen
16th January, 2012, 05:59 PM
and try getting an x431 to clear the codes on a jag ABS unit, lol

if you're unlucky the car will forget it has traction control and you'll end up with a light on

electromech
16th January, 2012, 06:42 PM
and try getting an x431 to clear the codes on a jag ABS unit, lol

if you're unlucky the car will forget it has traction control and you'll end up with a light on
I see you have Autologic and dec supascan how are they??? I use the autologic quite often and it always eem to dissapoint me but the reviews about the dec are very good!! and lastly is the Pico worth the high price for something you need to still hook up to pc?.....fyi I also have a Autoboss and LOVE it whats your thawts?

djorgensen
17th January, 2012, 08:39 AM
DEC does things that the others dont

Its good on land rover & rover ALL the french stuff.

a defender last week came from another garage (that have testbook and autologic for land rover) and they couldnt find the problem.
Simply changed from 3 track to 2 track TPS and all was dont, took minutes

DEC managed to code in some injectors on a renault the other day that the clip didnt want to do.

Used it yesterday on a Fiat to tell it that it had a new DPF and reset loads of values. Infact it had LOTS of options on that fiat that I've not seen another tool provide.

As a generic diag tool, its code definations arent always the best. the online database they advertise is pants, and its never given me any direction at all.

Its better in my opinion on French stuff than Autologic for Renault/PSA.
I've never used the DEC on a BMW for anything serious. I

When the autologic guy came out to sell me it. I had a renault sitting there which I knew would test him that I couldnt reconfigure with a CLIP nor the DEC and neither could he. But he told me he could before he arrived.
Autologic is great for BMW coding and that why we bought it.

I have an autoboss too and thats good in its place. Its useful when all else fails

With all of that we still have Bosch for everyday use. Id say we use the bosch and it cures the issue in about 70% of cases

busaman
17th January, 2012, 07:46 PM
i have had DEC for 10 years now and to be honest it is the best all round tool ive got it does pretty much everything they say it will, i get the odd problem but they offer good backup (in office hours) if you have a problem they work hard to fix it like the others say you need more than one tool.

busaman
18th January, 2012, 08:58 AM
having said that i have borrowed a launch from time to time and found it quite good. but i dont like the idea of a program timing (kts) out just because you dont pay the yearly subscription, i feel if you have bought the tool you sould be able to use it regardless of subscription some people just cant afford to be 100% up to date.

djorgensen
18th January, 2012, 09:22 AM
as i understand it, on some of the kts models you can buy a one time subscription to the software