PDA

View Full Version : DT530

desjets
6th April, 2011, 12:52 AM
hi!
have question about international truck with DT530 in a 4900 1998
does someone know what my problem is
when i start the engine at cold and quickly drive on the road i don't have enough power. if you can help me will appreciate

the turbo is new

may be a parameter in service maxx to change but don't know witch one

when is hot everything ok

ddmech
7th April, 2011, 01:32 AM
Have you checked your injector control pressure?How cold are you talking about?If you are running lucas or heavy oil will do this also.Do pm and try some lighter weight oil.Hope this help.Extensive experience with these.

desjets
9th April, 2011, 06:57 PM
i tried change the injection pressure valve
was not the problem

i never though it could be the oil

i will try with 0w30 but 15w40 at 12 degree don't think that will be the prob

thank for taking time

ddmech
9th April, 2011, 10:09 PM
No problem.Are you taking about 12f or 12c?If it is faren deffin could be problem.Ran into that before.Not saying it is your problem.Have a great day!

truckdoc
21st April, 2011, 05:36 PM
Monitor the oil temp sensor. This sensor is what controls the fueling tables. It needs to be at 140 degrees F, before it is running on a at temp fuel table. Also if the inejctors have more than 5000 hrs they are more than likely very worn on the oil side. Try a buzz test on them when the engine is cold. If they don't buzz loud then they are not injecting enough fuel when the engine oil is cold. A band aid for this is to run 5w40 oil.

hanzem evr
12th June, 2011, 08:42 PM
try to disconnect oil temp sensor and coolant temp sensor, this engine type not take enough power at cold weather .

truckdoc
20th July, 2011, 02:04 AM
How did you make out with this?

harobaua
20th March, 2012, 07:55 PM
Good afternoon, a help, I have the same vehicle, but damage module cabin, where I can buy to replace?,

Thank you,