PDA

View Full Version : Offset dish setup, with h-h TM-2600 motor

Andorspider
6th April, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi is there anyone out there that has a 80cm tall 75cm wide solid metal dish, on a H-H 13/18 motor?
I had some luck but none of my angles are correct. ARGH :(
I live at 56.07 Lat and -3.45 long
The motor is pointing south, the latitude is set at 56, i was using a SKY LNB but it had a oval horn so i got a inverto.tv low noise, to hopefully pick up more, not that i have fitted it, i can only recive 13.0E, which i never got before :( :( Lost 19.2E and 28.2E.....
Any ideas? i cant find any calculations for an offset dish with a TM-2600 motor.... Someone must have a similar setup?

Regards
An upset fifer
:scarf2:

Andorspider
7th April, 2011, 08:02 AM
little up daye, not so indy today, getting more channels, but still sure my dish is at the wong angle :( the TM-2600 is similar to the sd... cany mind, i used a different manual to set my motor, lost the TM one :(
Oh aye, one side of my dish has angles 0 to 80 and the other side has 0 to 85? why?!?!? :(

Andorspider
8th April, 2011, 07:42 AM
well i set the pole solid, got my hands covered in PTF foram, sticky stuff!!! WEAR GLOVES!!!!!!!
When the sun comes up and warms my flat roof, i will go up the ladders and re mount the motor and dish, still dont know what the 2 dif scales are on my dish :( i will just have to try all the angles about 20deg, tips anyone????

Andorspider
9th April, 2011, 07:13 AM
dangnambit!!!!! No one here have a dish like mine?

jglo
30th April, 2012, 04:29 PM
set elevation on motor to 34 and dish to 22/23

mark it before you move it m8

Nutsandbolts
30th April, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi. If you are only getting 13 east its because your dish elevation on motor tail is slightly high.Try the following:
1) Send dish to 19.2 (Astra 1).
2) Make sure you have correct TP(frequency) for channel.
3) If no picture or signal move motor tail down a bit - Do not move the dish up or down on tail. Example if motor tail elevation is 50 move it to down to 48 etc.
4) if ok check 28.2 FREESAT. You may need to adjust several times to get correct angles. As already mentioned make a mark between moving and non moving parts of dish and motor so that you can go back to a particular satellite until you get it right. Its all a question of patience. Good luck.

Regards.

Manic01
30th April, 2012, 06:11 PM
Motor should be set to 56 elevation will be 34.
Dish elevation approx 24-27
You should never mess with the motor elevation when set.
Set up using usals.
56 N
3.45 W
Make bracket is plumb.

mdt
30th April, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hi. If you are only getting 13 east its because your dish elevation on motor tail is slightly high.Try the following:
1) Send dish to 19.2 (Astra 1).
2) Make sure you have correct TP(frequency) for channel.
3) If no picture or signal move motor tail down a bit - Do not move the dish up or down on tail. Example if motor tail elevation is 50 move it to down to 48 etc.
4) if ok check 28.2 FREESAT. You may need to adjust several times to get correct angles. As already mentioned make a mark between moving and non moving parts of dish and motor so that you can go back to a particular satellite until you get it right. Its all a question of patience. Good luck.

Regards.

i dont know who showed you who to install a motorised dish but once set you NEVER ajust the motor LAT once it is set correctly for the local reception site... you ajust the azimuth(L+R) on the motor bracket and the elevation/declanation(UP+DOWN) on the dish bracket. FFS m8 please stop telling people the incorrect way to do it as your just confusing matters! regards mdt

Nutsandbolts
1st May, 2012, 08:34 AM
Hi. While i take your comments on board i have to disagree. I have my elevation set to 57 although it should be 51 going by your theory and works perfect. You need to take into consideration other factors like dish angles, LNB skew etc. As you know you can find the arc from many different heights and angles etc. Going by the book does not always work. Take care.

Manic01
1st May, 2012, 08:48 AM
Mate you have no idea honestly.

Nutsandbolts
1st May, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hi. If i have no idea please explain, as you call yourself an expert, why it works for me??? Stop telling people that your way is the only way. Take care.

Manic01
1st May, 2012, 10:22 AM
Your advise is totally wrong, but you carry on misinforming others.

Nutsandbolts
1st May, 2012, 10:52 AM
Dear Manic. If my advice is totally wrong instead of slagging people off why dont you explain why its wrong which you have failed to do a number of times. Give people the respect that their opinions are as valid as yours. I respect your opinions but dont have to agree with them. Take care.

Manic01
1st May, 2012, 11:26 AM
You are a lost cause.

mdt
1st May, 2012, 06:20 PM
Dear Manic. Give people the respect that their opinions are as valid as yours. I respect your opinions but dont have to agree with them.

these arent opinions m8 there FACT!!! there is only 1 correct way to set a motorised dish up to track the geostanionary arc(clark belt)...i suppose if you had a second inclanation actuator it would work but using a standard H to H usals mount doing it your way will only track a portion of the visible arc from your location and you will lose the arc at the extremes,regards mdt

Nutsandbolts
1st May, 2012, 07:14 PM
Hi. What utter rubbish you talk. You still have not explained why my 57 elevation works, maybe its magic.... Take my tip and experiment, you might learn something. Take care .

mdt
1st May, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hi. What utter rubbish you talk. You still have not explained why my 57 elevation works, maybe its magic.... Take my tip and experiment, you might learn something. Take care .

ive installed nearly 100 motorised dishes over the last 5 years and used the correct method... if you look on any sat/cab forum and go into the motorised dish set up guides it will explain it the way i have stated. ive been into the sat game since 1995 and have forgot more than you probably know although im still making mistakes and learning from others who are more experienced than me. if the way you state is correct then why are the lat measurements on the motor as according to you there is no need as you can just set them were you want and ajust the dish declanation/inclanation to suit. do it your way if it works for you but stop giving incorrect advice to people. ive added a guide for anyone who needs the help, regards mdt

Manic01
1st May, 2012, 11:11 PM
The blokes not right mdt, just ignore him.

darcu5
7th June, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the guide, struggling to get mine set back up right since i took it off the wall to try a bigger dish, swapped back to the original now and still not spot on, will have a good read of your guide and try again when it isn't peeing it down,

thanks again
Dave.