PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo help

tool37
6th April, 2011, 11:34 PM
got vu+ duo and motorised dish today and cant seem to find any sats east to west, the dish was set up by company off yell
friend has told me to put long and latt in to tuner which have done, using usals configuration mode simple, the motor moves when i click on different sats but there is no signal, have been trying to find them manually but still cant get a lock, image im using blackhole1.4.2, new to this so maybe doing something wrong, i find 28.2 east but have to move dish till i pick up signal manally any help would be really appreciated, thanks

lincsat
6th April, 2011, 11:55 PM
Didn't they check the receiver was tracking while they were there?

Do you have the Lat & Long the right way around? You can try adjusting the E/W half a degree at a time to see if you can compensate for the motor not being 100% accurate.

tool37
7th April, 2011, 12:51 AM
no they didnt check the receiver was traking, and my long and latt are correct, just gone into sat position finder, tune, predefined, then kept trying different transponders and it does get a lock but seems a bit of a mission, having to go in there everytime i want to change sat, thanks lincsat for your reply

lincsat
7th April, 2011, 12:19 PM
If your dish is landing just off all the satellites, then adjusting the Lat/Long setting can compensate. Adjusting the main setting to 1 degree further East, will make the dish stop further West on all sats. It's not ideal but works :)

alom5
7th April, 2011, 01:08 PM
call the company that installed back in.

you shouldn't have to be fiddling with it already.

it will be hard getting them back at a later date.

get them to sort it out.

tool37
7th April, 2011, 05:56 PM
all sorted now, was tuning them in and storing them but when i would go back to a different sat would have to store again, realised i was booting usb drive and not flash, booted flash auto scaned and found and stored them, thanks again for the help, as i said new to sat and just finding my feet, thanks