PDA

View Full Version : CAT C6.4 Engine won't start without adding gasoline start aid

hanzem evr
7th April, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hi Guys
please help i have cat engine type 6.4 SNo;GDC not start any time without add gasoline to air filter inter , any info will help me .
all sensors ok , i changed the new injection pump with no luck no air in fuel and fuel pressure ok .
thanks in advance

ROACH2
7th April, 2011, 11:15 PM
you should change the injectors, not the pump

atetruckrepair
7th April, 2011, 11:29 PM
maybe u got hte pump timed wrong?

hanzem evr
8th April, 2011, 04:54 AM
the timing gear installed on marks no way , but the injectors not replace before I'll try .
thanks guys for respond

DDS
8th April, 2011, 01:56 PM
Cat has new injector number and software upgrade for this issue.

hanzem evr
8th April, 2011, 07:39 PM
Cat has new injector number and software upgrade for this issue.

So i'll change new injectors , did I need to reflash ecm with new flash file ???
which personalty module part number ???

thanks a lot

xsez
8th April, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi

Did you test the compresser cylinder test? Does the engine work fine when you add gasoline?

Best Regards

c16man
12th April, 2011, 05:12 PM
There were bullletins out on the hp pump and injectors. check you fuel filter configuration.
Do a injector leak off test, unplug all injector connectors ( 3 of them ) at the back of the engine ( cyl head ) the injector leak off pipe is located, loosen the pipe plug it and get a suitable container to catch the fuel that is gonna come out off the head. Cranc the engine for 30 sec if the leakoff is more than 38 ml - replace injectors. What is the rail pressure while trying to start?

hanzem evr
12th April, 2011, 06:53 PM
my friend
what you mean (check you fuel filter configuration) how can i do that i was do the injectors leak before and the result was
85ml/30 second its too much leak but i need to insure there are no more issue other injector units .
thanks .

han2542
13th April, 2011, 03:48 PM
could you post some more information regarding the engine ex. year, model, and where it is installed
to try to help

malakian07
13th April, 2011, 04:10 PM
if the engine work fine when you add gazoline and all parameters are ok (no service code, real pressure rail is like the desired one, no derate, sensors are ok......)
You should replace injectors because you have too much fuel leak
I had chaged them many times in same case as yours
good luck

c16man
13th April, 2011, 08:02 PM
my friend
what you mean (check you fuel filter configuration) how can i do that i was do the injectors leak before and the result was
85ml/30 second its too much leak but i need to insure there are no more issue other injector units .
thanks .

Hey hanzem, what I ment with check your filter configuration, there was also a bulletin out on using an UHE (ultra high eff) secondary fuel filter (might need to change filter housing to use the uhe filter) also try to replace the primary filter assembly with a Cat prime time filter kit (part no:206-5756)( uses the 1R-0770 filter, that number also has changed ) I know its costly but it will be worth it, we have the same problems with the C6.6 engines. 85ml/30 sec is a lot of leak off. you need to replace all the injectors.
remember the injector trim codes and trim files if needed ( cant remember if the c6.4 use trim files like the C6.6 does)

Do a fuel verification test, injector cut out test after you get the engine running to double check...

C16man

hanzem evr
13th April, 2011, 09:14 PM
thanks mate i'll replace injectors and tell you the results.

c16man
14th April, 2011, 05:33 PM
thanks mate i'll replace injectors and tell you the results.

Hanzem evr, pleasure mate. Another thing I forgot to tell you, at the dealer I am working CAT make us replace the injector hp pipes when ever replacing the injectors. Something to do with safety. ( on the C6.6 machines ) Just make sure with your local CAT dealer.

C16man

Strykerforce
16th April, 2011, 04:01 PM
What is the outcome of all recommendations, Does it works after replacing the Injectors?