PDA

View Full Version : Watching programmes fron Openbox S9 in another room

thezafiraman
8th April, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone. I am wondering if I can watch content from an Openbox which already connected to a TV on another tv in a different room.I have a wireless network.Can I take a connection from the back of the OB to another TV which is about 10meters away?
Thanks

binary
12th April, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hi, ive just been trying to ask a similar question but in a different way, .. you can add a second openbox as a slave the original box will have or be the "master" program, using the boxes through the serial port 'see openbox manual' 6.3 upgrade by RS232,
MY Question was has anybody done it and what was the results!!
I also asked if anybody has done it with say a Dreambox 800HD

neil.o
13th April, 2011, 03:29 PM
i used a rf modulator. connect scart to mod,then 10m cable to other tv . works fine. mod was in sale ?10 bnq

swap_uk
14th April, 2011, 12:39 AM
I use one of these Programmable Universal Modulator : AV Accessories : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/programmable-universal-modulator-33050) along with normal tv aerial coax/cable

I did have a dm500s and could change channels using my laptop by typing in the dm500s ip address into the browser.

I am now using this modulator with my openbox clone to send the picture/audio to my bedroom but cannot change channel like i used to on my old box. if anyone has any info on how to change channel using my laptop or even if its possible ( although I doubt it)