PDA

View Full Version : bmw ews 4.3 problem

dego1500
9th April, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hi,
I have come humbly seeking some help or advice on bmw ews 4.3.
The situation is the car had been bought without engine or keys. New owner install new engine and order new key from bmw. Dme (ME9) is original and ews (original as far as i know). Car is 2006, 3.18i.
Car doesnt crank hence no start. I checked car and found key variable code not init. with ews. Also there is fault code 2f45 (ews-dme interface) in dme.
i know i will have to do 2 things
1) resync key variable code
2) sync ews with dme.
I already tried 2) but no joy, i think maybe because ews is not released due to key.
Is this correct, I will have to do 1) first, then 2) will be ok.

NOW THE PROBLEM: I read dump of ews 4.3 (attached) but I cannot edit the dump as my ews editor is version 3.13 which don't do ews 4.3.
Please help if possible to edit dump for me for key #3 so ews thinks key is new and will auto sync variable code next time.(Using ews editor you just need to untick the used box for key 3 and save bin)
Also, from dump, can you tell me isn password, just in case i need it.

maybe someone here hve working ews editor 3.20, and can assist me?
Thanks loads, i would really appreciate some help here.

PS. dumps attached : eeprom and flash

bali motor
9th April, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi,
I have come humbly seeking some help or advice on bmw ews 4.3.
The situation is the car had been bought without engine or keys. New owner install new engine and order new key from bmw. Dme (ME9) is original and ews (original as far as i know). Car is 2006, 3.18i.
Car doesnt crank hence no start. I checked car and found key variable code not init. with ews. Also there is fault code 2f45 (ews-dme interface) in dme.
i know i will have to do 2 things
1) resync key variable code
2) sync ews with dme.
I already tried 2) but no joy, i think maybe because ews is not released due to key.
Is this correct, I will have to do 1) first, then 2) will be ok.

NOW THE PROBLEM: I read dump of ews 4.3 (attached) but I cannot edit the dump as my ews editor is version 3.13 which don't do ews 4.3.
Please help if possible to edit dump for me for key #3 so ews thinks key is new and will auto sync variable code next time.(Using ews editor you just need to untick the used box for key 3 and save bin)
Also, from dump, can you tell me isn password, just in case i need it.

maybe someone here hve working ews editor 3.20, and can assist me?
Thanks loads, i would really appreciate some help here.

PS. dumps attached : eeprom and flash

write this dump ews and use old key

dego1500
9th April, 2011, 10:19 PM
cheers mate, will try and let you know how i get on.

By the way, is there anything out there other than ews editor 3.20 that can edit this dump, or do you just manually edit?
Thanks again.

bram380
10th April, 2011, 01:51 AM
cheers mate, will try and let you know how i get on.

By the way, is there anything out there other than ews editor 3.20 that can edit this dump, or do you just manually edit?
Thanks again.

editor 3.20 only run with hardware.

bali motor
10th April, 2011, 05:07 AM
THANK BRAM.

EWS EDITOR 3.20 AND AK90 CAN DO IT

dego1500
10th April, 2011, 10:56 PM
I fitted unit today and hit another wall, :banghead: key not accepted because of password. should've mentioned this in first post, as this was how it was when i first checked car. I'm bit puzzled ??
How did the password in ews and key mismatch when key was ordered from bmw.
Ews mcu was programmed perfect, i even re-read again today on spot.
So as it stands the key is invalid because of password and changing code, fixed code etc is ok.How do i find out the key's password ? and what to do when i do?
Please advise as to the best options.

Thanks.

bali motor
10th April, 2011, 11:05 PM
ews editor with hardware can read fixed code on key.

dego1500
11th April, 2011, 12:29 PM
The fixed code is ok, its the password that doesn't match. for eg. when i look at live data using inpa or bmw scanner the key is invalid because of 2 things: password and changing code. The changing code is no longer a problem because you guys sorted that for me and even explained what to do. Its the key password that is the problem.
I don't have ews editor 3.20 hardware, or ak90.
I only have 9s12x programmer, inpa, bmw scanner 1.4, hitag2 reader/programmer (doesnt read this type key).
If i get a ews-key set from another car, what is the procedure?

Thanks, and many thanks for help so far.

cardoctor
11th April, 2011, 01:02 PM
Just writew ews file with Hitag to new Pcf.