PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Logic Builder Java Heap fix

joshplianfield
10th April, 2011, 01:01 AM
I've helped several people with this java heap issue figured I'd post it in the open forum

NOTE:YOU ONLY NEED THIS IF YOU INSTALLED DLB AND WHEN OPENING ENCOUNTER A ERROR "JAVA HEAP SPACE"

http://rapidshare.com/files/456685058/DLBfixjava.bat

here is the file that fixes it, download it and put it on your desktop.

This file will be your way to open diamond logic builder for now on.

just make sure you DLB.exe file is located in a folder like this

c:\dlb\dlb.exe

so in other words create a folder in the c: called DLB and then make sure all you DLB files and database files are in that folder.

now here's the how, java heap space has to do with allocated memory that java is allowed to use, I use XP home for my main pc so I wrote the cmd file to allow java to expand its memory to 512mb and then run DLB.

I think it has to do with using xp home vs xp pro but honesty I don't know why some of us have issues and some don't

RSwire
10th April, 2011, 02:22 AM
Good a fix for DLB, I tried to manually set the heap space in java with some instructions i found on the web, but it didn't stay set. So hopfully this does the job. Thanks for all the effort here on DK.

And btw, 1 more post to make VETRAN. Make it a good one. lol

TKMobile
14th April, 2011, 03:18 PM
Outstanding ..great idea I adjusted the batch file to fit my directory.. Question ... what is the current version for diamond logic builder..? I have a database that shows a date of Feb 25, 2010. if there is a newer version can some one post the link.. one more question does anyone have the parts catalog or cd for navistar..for looking up part numbers ?

540IROC
14th April, 2011, 11:20 PM
Newest database version of DLB is 137. Feb 24 2011

TKMobile
14th April, 2011, 11:25 PM
Does anyone have a direct link ..? i did a search and only found the 2010 version:scarf2:

blackdragon125
15th April, 2011, 12:38 AM
I don't know if you can access this with out a password but here is the dealer link to the install for DLB. Try it and let me know.

https://evalueb.internationaldelivers.com/servicetools/dlb/index.jsp

joshplianfield
15th April, 2011, 01:28 AM
I don't know if you can access this with out a password but here is the dealer link to the install for DLB. Try it and let me know.

https://evalueb.internationaldelivers.com/servicetools/dlb/index.jsp

I tried it and it went through and did something, then when I opened it said to update data base file.

i check mine after the download and it still said 2/2010 was my latest.

maybe you can update the database file? should be
a_database.dbm

TKMobile
15th April, 2011, 01:28 AM
It says that this does not apply to diagnostic version and thats what i have. Thanks for the link i was looking for a guide on how to use diamond logic builder

eddie8
15th April, 2011, 02:46 AM
It says that this does not apply to diagnostic version and thats what i have. Thanks for the link i was looking for a guide on how to use diamond logic builder

I have an operators file on dlb. I will dig it out tommorrow and post it here

joshplianfield
15th April, 2011, 05:06 PM

in order to view codes and command items on and off you need to go under the menu and turn on "diagnose"

then you can honk the horn, turn on lights, see codes and definitions.

also here is user manual

https://evalue.internationaldelivers.com/service/bodybuilder/general/training/DLB_PDF_Index.pdf

540IROC
16th April, 2011, 04:37 AM
Customer came in today because his wipers wouldn't work. He already checked fuses and relays and replaced the multifunction switch.

I hooked up DLB to see an open circuit fault for the wipers and was able to determine that the multifunction switch was sending the correct signal to the ESC and the ESC was sending a signal out to the wiper motor. Removing the proper plug off the outside plug and checking for voltage on the pin for the wipers, I confirmed that the ESC was actually sending voltage. Using DLB, I was able to quickly confirm that the wiring and switches inside the cab were working properly and that the ESC was working properly so the problem was outside the cab.

It then didn't take long to track down a broken harness wire under the fuse panel running to the wiper motor. Without DLB, you're doing trial and error troubleshooting and if it's not something simple like a broken wire that you can see, you may never know what the actual fault is. When the truck first came into the shop, our first suspicion was a defective ESC as we've changed many that have failed.

Now, as for Java and DLB, I have 2 versions of DLB on my laptop. The simple diagnostic version and a programming version directly from International. The trouble I'm having is my programming version can only run if I have a net connection to the International web site. For some reason, it didn't install a Java shortcut on the desktop to launch the program locally. Instead of doing a simple launch, my version opens a browser window as it accesses the international pages before it launches. Any suggestions? I'm sure it's just a simple javaws command to launch it instead of a http link.

blackdragon125
16th April, 2011, 02:08 PM
Try uninstalling the dealer version and then go to the link on the web and then click on install DLB. I have had to do this many of times as they update the software. Also if you do not launch the dealer version of DLB for a while it will not launch in diagnostic mode without the web access. I have found that they have updated it and if you update it on the web every now and then it will open without the web.

540IROC
16th April, 2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

One thing I have noticed is that if I open either version, the trucks I've recently connected to get listed in both versions so both versions share the same local data storage.

joe5543
16th April, 2011, 10:00 PM
I've helped several people with this java heap issue figured I'd post it in the open forum

NOTE:YOU ONLY NEED THIS IF YOU INSTALLED DLB AND WHEN OPENING ENCOUNTER A ERROR "JAVA HEAP SPACE"

http://rapidshare.com/files/456685058/DLBfixjava.bat

here is the file that fixes it, download it and put it on your desktop.

This file will be your way to open diamond logic builder for now on.

just make sure you DLB.exe file is located in a folder like this

c:\dlb\dlb.exe

so in other words create a folder in the c: called DLB and then make sure all you DLB files and database files are in that folder.

now here's the how, java heap space has to do with allocated memory that java is allowed to use, I use XP home for my main pc so I wrote the cmd file to allow java to expand its memory to 512mb and then run DLB.

I think it has to do with using xp home vs xp pro but honesty I don't know why some of us have issues and some don't

I took this into work today and tried it out. Works great. I tried it on several trucks years 2005-2008. No more java heap errors. I use windows XP pro so it works on XP pro. I do have a international login and can get an authentic diamond logic builder. Where does the data base get sent to, If it is possible I could download the most recent data base and upload this so eveyone could have an up to date data base.

joshplianfield
17th April, 2011, 03:04 PM
I took this into work today and tried it out. Works great. I tried it on several trucks years 2005-2008. No more java heap errors. I use windows XP pro so it works on XP pro. I do have a international login and can get an authentic diamond logic builder. Where does the data base get sent to, If it is possible I could download the most recent data base and upload this so eveyone could have an up to date data base.

awessome, glad to see it works.

not sure where the factory file goes when it updates but search for "database" and you'll find a file called "a_database" thats the file.

joe5543
17th April, 2011, 04:06 PM
awessome, glad to see it works.

not sure where the factory file goes when it updates but search for "database" and you'll find a file called "a_database" thats the file.

Yes I found the file. I installed the file. Get an error when I try to open Diamond logic. I am going to play around with it more and try to get it working.

jhon silva
21st December, 2012, 05:22 AM
Windows XP works fine but in my windows 7 does not work

JORGE MARTINEZ
20th January, 2013, 02:33 PM
Greetings fellow please help me with key diaomond DFB5-89DE Logic Builder

jackalfa
7th March, 2013, 12:02 AM
Please, joshplianfield can you upload your batch file again?
I'm having problems to run DLB, heap space error after initialize, thanks friend.

Morton03
7th March, 2013, 03:36 AM
Greetings fellow please help me with key diaomond DFB5-89DE Logic Builder

36A2-D4CB

If the information was useful please push the thanks button

jackalfa
14th March, 2013, 08:48 AM
Please, joshplianfield can you upload your batch file again?
I'm having problems to run DLB, heap space error after initialize, thanks friend.
Or, please someone can help me with the heap space error after initialize?