PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo 9N 1.0litre Bosch ME7.5.10 - EGR off

alexs307
10th April, 2011, 08:27 AM
ECU of this car is retrieving "implausible signal" fault from EGR (electrical type). Can someone help me disable EGR or close it permanently via software? I don't know if it can be done the same way I do it on diesels, first of all, and second of all, can't imagine how the petrol engine EGR map would look like.

ECU is the same as some fitted to 1.8T, meaning Bosch ME7.5.10, flash seems to be 29F800 (1MB-full read attached).

Original dump attached. Thanks in advance. BTW, it's POLO 6N, sorry for the mistake in title.
Regards,
Alex

filecloud
10th April, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hello
You do not work on the car yourself, do you?
First i would like to see a gasoline car with egr mounted and second i would like to see any ME7.5.10 mounted on a 1.8t car. Can you help me with that?
Greetings,
filecloud

alexs307
10th April, 2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry, first of all, the mistake I made is that probably the ECU's on 1.8T are ME7.5, not ME7.5.10, although the MPPS "key" used for reading this file via OBD was for 1.8T.

Second of all, this car is Euro4, year of fabrication 2000, has electrical EGR, I have seen it with my own eyes, it's not the first car that has such device. My 1995 Nissan S14 Silvia also has EGR, although it's petrol engine. On this car, the error concerns an implausible signal from EGR potentiometer.

Indeed I may be mistaking saying the ECU's on 1.8T are ME7.5.10, probably they are just ME7.5. My bad...as for the rest, it's true.

I have already received help on another forum, will let you know tomorrow if it will be ok.

alexs307
10th April, 2011, 11:46 PM
According to this:

http://www.motormods.co.uk/remapping_vehicle_list.htm

there are 1.8T with ME7.5.10

grinovsky
11th April, 2011, 07:00 AM
there are lot of petrole engine with egr
2 day ago i had the egr problem with daewoo laganza 1.8 petrole,but i don't have to programme ecu to resolve proleme

del635
11th April, 2011, 12:39 PM
Egr isnt that bad of an idea for petrol, not like diesel where its a cancer, better to fix imo, this car has electric egr and that code means ecu doesnt know what position its its at, dont disregard wiring though. Clean it and see if its stuck, also I think youcan dril the top and punch pin out and check for corrosion like the dti vectra c guide posted here somewhere. Havent tried this myself though!

alexs307
19th April, 2011, 10:09 AM
Deleted from engine software. Period.