PDA

View Full Version : Starview - can anyone help please?

SlitheryMonkey
12th December, 2008, 12:28 AM
Hi there, ive flashed the starview2 with the new update but nothing works now and when i connect it back to the pc im not able to download anymore updates to it, also the box is just stuck with the number 0 on the digital display! would appreciate any help fom anyone? thanks

Devilfish
12th December, 2008, 12:32 AM
Reflash the 4.55 firmware. When you click the download button, don't turn the box on immediately, wait about 5 secs and then turn it on.

SlitheryMonkey
12th December, 2008, 01:01 AM
just tried that and still nothing? its says flash update fail!
its as if its not connecting to the starview?

unadkat
12th December, 2008, 01:29 AM
just tried that and still nothing? its says flash update fail!
its as if its not connecting to the starview?

flash it with the 4.54 software with the logo file mate using a different PC or laptop and then use the 4.55 mate.

:manuflag:

e.robbo@hotmail.co.uk
12th December, 2008, 01:38 AM
Hi there, ive flashed the starview2 with the new update but nothing works now and when i connect it back to the pc im not able to download anymore updates to it, also the box is just stuck with the number 0 on the digital display! would appreciate any help fom anyone? thanks

ive updated mine the same but my screen is blank any help please

unadkat
12th December, 2008, 01:43 AM
hi mate

first of all which fix did you use mate?

there is 2 versions

one requires your box to have the 4.54 + logo file and then applying the patch

and second one is just no matter what firmware you have.. you can use the 4.55 straight and then after that you just switch off the box, switch it on and do a rescan mate.

regards
unadkat:wink:

mod2000
12th December, 2008, 06:53 AM
Sounds like c11 cap has blown

ramjet
12th December, 2008, 09:41 AM
try reflashing with 4.51 first , and factory reset , then try the 4.54 + logo files and again factory reset , finally try the v4.55 and dont forget to factory reset again too

SlitheryMonkey
12th December, 2008, 10:05 AM
where do i get the 4.54 + logo files from can't seem to locate it?

ramjet
12th December, 2008, 10:12 AM

thats because you havent made enough contributions here to see the download section I assume ?

stay around a while longer and help out like I did and then you should have full forum access , and I am sure it tells you this when you join ?

ramjet
12th December, 2008, 10:15 AM

thats because you havent made enough contributions here to see the download section I assume ?

stay around a while longer and help out like I did and then you should have full forum access , and I am sure it tells you this when you join ?

or google for them

romster
12th December, 2008, 06:09 PM
I had a similar problem on the sv1 as I had used the sv2 update by mistake which lrefty the box showing a 0.

I managed to fix this by going back to the original software using gtrom loader4 and selecting the bin file then select download as you quickly turn the box on you will then see the update going on the box and finally after it sauys burning rom it will reboot and you should havre recovered it.

I hope this helps.