PDA

View Full Version : Renault Scenic Megane 16v 16 Expression HELP!

little paul
10th April, 2011, 04:36 PM
I need a bit of help, pulling me blinking hair out for some thing real easy i reckon, here goes, i have a megane scenic 16v 16 expression, i had to jump start it bout 5 weeks ago, this put up on my dash "parking brake error" so i bought the clone clip, "not cheap either :roflmao:" i used the v105 clip program did a brake test, this showed up as ok but, it turned off the automatic parking brake motor how can i get this back on???? battrey done bought a new 1, i have tried to get into the ecu with DDT2000 this wants a registration number, nothing is showing up in there till i register, so its gotta be on the can clip software, how is this done, anyone know? much appreciated, paul. :beer:

freebear
10th April, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hi paul,
First of all check little fuses over battery positive terminal .
I don't know if engine start ; if it start you can temporarily unlock parking brake by pull the yellow lever near the spare wheel .
Let me know .

alfabit
10th April, 2011, 06:27 PM
... nothing is showing up in there till i register, so its gotta be on the can clip software, how is this done...

You do that by CAN-Clip Sonde connected to renault.net, and this can be done only in a authorised dealer workshop.( sorry m8 ! ) :afraid:

little paul
10th April, 2011, 06:45 PM
@ freebear, yep cars starts all ok apart from the auto brake motor, thks alfabit

freebear
10th April, 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Paul , sorry for my bad English
Let me know : you loose only Automatic function of parking or parking brake did'nt work at all ?
Pull the lever on the dashboard the brake work?
Or u need reprog ?

little paul
11th April, 2011, 02:52 PM
@ freebear, yes it was working until i did a brake test, i heard the brake motor close and opens, after the test it showed up as the auto brake motor was off, when i stop and turn off the ignition the brake motor comes on, this is the only time it works. I reckon that doing the brake test disabled the auto brake motor, it is turned it off, the hand brake works when i pull it and goes off when released, before that test i could put the hand brake on and as i pulled off the brake would release automatically, this dont happen now as the auto brake motor is off, paul.

little paul
11th April, 2011, 03:04 PM
if i use the hand brake @ any time now i have to wait 1/2 minutes for the red stop light to go out on the dash, its very frustrating especially when on a hill and theres traffic behind me lol