PDA

View Full Version : setting up a motorised dish

camslangman
12th April, 2011, 08:26 AM
I see ,read . setting with diseqc and /or usals . Is there a best /easier of the 2 . I am just now gathering info on setup prceedures . Obviously I am a newbie

andy91
12th April, 2011, 09:04 AM
I see ,read . setting with diseqc and /or usals . Is there a best /easier of the 2 . I am just now gathering info on setup prceedures . Obviously I am a newbie

Usals is way easier,all you need is your Longitude,Latitude in Simple Positioner mode add Sgtflipflops latests bouquets and away you go.
I didnt even scan all worked fine.

Andy.

seanmckeown
12th April, 2011, 09:53 AM
USALS is by far the best way to go go although a lot of dm500s dont work with USALS, requiring you to manually search for the satellites

camslangman
12th April, 2011, 10:21 AM
my fear is I do something stupid and can't find how to reverse it do you just hit reset defaults or go back a step at a time:scarf2:

andy91
12th April, 2011, 10:34 AM
my fear is I do something stupid and can't find how to reverse it do you just hit reset defaults or go back a step at a time:scarf2:
What box is it on?? Really easy on a Dm 800 hd.

Andy.

camslangman
12th April, 2011, 03:28 PM
What box is it on?? Really easy on a Dm 800 hd.

Andy.
It is a dm 800 hd , I hope it is easy I wll adjust my dish a little first

andy91
12th April, 2011, 03:39 PM

Go on dishpointer and put in your full address it will give you your correct Long and Lat.
Make sure they are correct and ftp the latest set of bouquets and you will be fine.

Andy.

mickm1
13th April, 2011, 08:29 PM

Did u get a new dish then joe? Im assuming thats u goin with that name :laugh:

Like 1 of the previous posters said, go to dishpointer website and get ur long/lat and put those into the settings. U will also need to adjust the satellite on the bracket. And i hope uv got that pole plumb!!! :scarf2:

camslangman
13th April, 2011, 09:14 PM
I hope so too . I should be ok I f--d about with spirit level and got it plumb ok