PDA

View Full Version : dm box thats same as a sky+ box

jfish
12th December, 2008, 01:15 PM
I currently have a Sly full package with Sky+ now I like the idea of card sharing

my question is what dreambox will give me the same functionality of my Sky+ box can record and watch different channels

as for card sharing, I have read enought to understand the concept and implementation, just a matter of actually doing the card share - I assume this is straightforward.

dctyper
12th December, 2008, 01:47 PM
you will need a dreambox 7025

jamoiholland
13th December, 2008, 06:52 PM
Can the 7025 record one channel and watch another? Do you need to split the coax feed and gve it two feeds, or can it do it down one caox cable?

Thanks, Jamoi

on_the_jazz
13th December, 2008, 07:32 PM
Can the 7025 record one channel and watch another? Do you need to split the coax feed and gve it two feeds, or can it do it down one caox cable?

Thanks, Jamoi

Yes you can record one channel and watch another. You can even record 2 channels and watch a recorded program at the same time.
I'm not sure about splitting the cable, I think the ideal way would be a dual lnb from the dish. You will definitely need 2 separate cables though; one for each tuner.

felix1
14th December, 2008, 06:22 PM
you will need a twin/quad lnb for the dm7025. you can actually watch one channel and record upto 8 different channels. (provided they are on the same transponder). another advantage of the dm7025 is that you can stream to the pc and watch a different channel to whats showing on the tv. main problem with these boxes is the lack of a decent epg. however with the LT image you can have an upto 14 day epg.