PDA

View Full Version : FLASH FXP WORKS

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 10:36 PM
Got past the teething problems dialing in used the cable taht came with the netgear router to tap into the dbox2, transfered Key.var files to temp folder, and also sporster image to temp directory, shut down fxp, rebooted dbox2, and have same channels as before.

Am i missing something, dnt have download priveleges as yet to download the au fix files

Is that my next step before all goes back to pre 9th April!!!

The clocks ticking fella's and I need to watch Torres batter Chelski!!!

Jaffa
21st April, 2008, 10:43 PM
Glad you got ftp working Harry, you are almost there but have made a mistake, you should ftp the keys to /var/keys and not tmp.

Delete the keys folder again and then ftp the new one to /var keys.

then make sure it is on Evocamd and reboot and leave on sky sports 1 or another encrypted channel and let keys update.

I would really recommend the Laxy pro image which is in downloads section, you should now have access to it, it is already modded and ready to go. It is a really good looking image too. If you download it, then ftp it to tmp and use remote to reflash again. You wont have to do keys as they are already in it.

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 10:47 PM
thank you, but how do i sortt the evocamd out pls, sorry my heads been fried tried to peneterate the box for the past 2 days:)

Jaffa
21st April, 2008, 10:51 PM
I cant remember sportster too well, I have used it but not much. You should be able to acces Evocamd by pressinf Blue button and it will be the EMU settings, just go in and highlight Evocamd and press o.k, that will restart it for you.

Go on try Laxy Pro, I bet you would like it, it is fast channel change and excellent quality and is set up for Evocamd.

Only takes a few minutes to flash and then you can either scan or ftp your services over...if you saved them.

alec
21st April, 2008, 10:56 PM
The clocks ticking fella's and I need to watch Torres batter Chelski!!!

I think you will miss the match m8, because you will be tuned to the wrong channel. It is on ITV.

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 10:58 PM
just corrected the errors of my ways, so will reboot dbox2 now, then leave it on sky sports 1 as per your comments, cheers I owe

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 10:59 PM
im aware of that my friend

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 11:00 PM
cheers Jaffa YNWA

Jaffa
21st April, 2008, 11:01 PM
just corrected the errors of my ways, so will reboot dbox2 now, then leave it on sky sports 1 as per your comments, cheers I owe

I am assuming you deleted keys and ftped the new ones. that should work o.k. I am off to bed now but if you havent got this going tomorrow I will talk you through it on msn if necessary. Hopefully it will work.

HARRY786
21st April, 2008, 11:04 PM
CHEERS JAFFA,good night, ill keep u posted

HARRY786
22nd April, 2008, 08:55 AM
switched the dbox2 on this morning afterleaving it on sp1 all night, still no picture:(
Followed all instructions above , what am i doing wrong?
Is it easier just deploying the larky image as that does not require keys to get going?