PDA

View Full Version : ?Classed as a clone...?

torreal
15th April, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hello,

First post here and are a little confused with the receiver I have.

It is a SKYBOX S9 HD PVR with the folowing in the 'Information' menu:-

MAC 00-18-BD-5A-74-02
MACHINE 06-07-01-01-00-00-00-00
NC 60-74-30-72-7c-7c-c7-b4-35
Version HDS2-10-10-29 1023CMT

Bought here in Spain, where I live.

Nice to set up and no probs with the motor settings and the tuner seems to be very sensitive....great quality picture and impressed with the Blind Scan.

Is this box classed by yourselves here as a OPENBOX clone and am I likely to have the problems I have seen reading the various threads, examples:

.........'how did you brick it? is it a clone or original?'

.........'After i put the march-15 firmware it has stopped saying my box is a clone and bricking it.

Was going to upgrade the firmware as per this thread

_http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-s9-hd-pvr-linux-satellite-box-158127/index26.html (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-s9-hd-pvr-linux-satellite-box-158127/index26.html)

All the suppliers will say is that the receiver is as sold ie: a SKYBOX so the question of discussion of Openbox is not relevant.

Anyway, your comments will help on this matter.

Thanks for reading this. :pepsi:

SG8
15th April, 2011, 10:05 AM
If you don't NEED to upgrade the firmware I would leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't break it in the hope of making it a bit better and maybe bricking it!!

dell_xps
15th April, 2011, 10:10 AM
Same box, just a different name, google it.
Skybox/Openbox.

gsmtech
15th April, 2011, 10:29 AM
Skybox/openbox/solomend 800HD/SatHawk 800HD all of them are reported to be clones of the Ferguson Ariva.

torreal
15th April, 2011, 01:15 PM
Ok thanks all for the speedy replies.

:top:

hooley
15th April, 2011, 01:16 PM
The skybox is just another name for the openbox. You should be safe enough to upgrade. As has been mentioned already if you have no problems there is probably no need to upgrade. The only reason i upgrade my box is because i look after another site and i need to be uptodate.
The name Skybox isnt used much in these parts id say to avoid confusion with Sly uk

torreal
18th April, 2011, 07:55 AM
The skybox is just another name for the openbox. You should be safe enough to upgrade......
The name Skybox isnt used much in these parts id say to avoid confusion with Sly uk

Yes, here in Spain Sly is basically a taboo topic and nearly all the 'pinch the beam and retransmit' characters have dropped all Sly content.

Anyway, thanks for the upgrade nod, did install the latest firmware you mention and is working well, no reboots and have managed to config the BISS system syntax......nice to see this working with this receiver.

You mention in this thread:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-4-4-11-a-199851/?

''Theres a new function allowing you to load softcams to open up a few packages that can still be opened this way.''

?What exactly is this....what path in the Menu takes you to this option?
I open the BISS channels using the 'CCCam Client setup' but in the option 'Manage Config Files/4.Sotcam.key' the actual softcam.key file I have loaded does not appear!

I have the four 'Manage Config Files', CCCam.cfg/CCCam.prio/Constant.cw and Softcam.key and the BISS channels open ok editing and using the Constant.cw option offline.

?What am I missing here?

Thanks for your time with this :top:

hooley
18th April, 2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, here in Spain Sly is basically a taboo topic and nearly all the 'pinch the beam and retransmit' characters have dropped all Sly content.

Anyway, thanks for the upgrade nod, did install the latest firmware you mention and is working well, no reboots and have managed to config the BISS system syntax......nice to see this working with this receiver.

You mention in this thread:-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-4-4-11-a-199851/?

''Theres a new function allowing you to load softcams to open up a few packages that can still be opened this way.''

?What exactly is this....what path in the Menu takes you to this option?
I open the BISS channels using the 'CCCam Client setup' but in the option 'Manage Config Files/4.Sotcam.key' the actual softcam.key file I have loaded does not appear!

I have the four 'Manage Config Files', CCCam.cfg/CCCam.prio/Constant.cw and Softcam.key and the BISS channels open ok editing and using the Constant.cw option offline.

?What am I missing here?

Thanks for your time with this :top:

To load a softcam:
Dump by usb >Misc Files >Slect & Dump
option number 6 Softcam.key (CCcam Plug)

Green then yellow
done

torreal
19th April, 2011, 08:10 AM
To load a softcam:
Dump by usb >Misc Files >Slect & Dump
option number 6 Softcam.key (CCcam Plug) Green then yellow
done

Excellent...a great receiver for the money.

Thanks again hooley :top: