PDA

View Full Version : Rover 45- 01' won't start

mickydibble
17th April, 2011, 10:14 AM
Help guys please, I am close to scrapping this but would like to get it going and sell instead,problem is won't start!,however when towed it does start but soon dies after say a mile of running.
When driving and putting clutch in revs dissapear and sounds and feels like it's fading?then won't start again.put ?10 petrol in and still looks like there is none in?any questions you need answering please ask

ps:I know very little about cars just general oil,water etc lol

Liteace
17th April, 2011, 10:45 AM
Not being funny Mate but it could be anything, you say you know little about cars just general oil,water etc, best get someone that does know a little to help you as you dont what to be checking things like fuel pressure if you dont know what you are doing. You say you put 10 quids worth petrol in and it dont show anything, thats maybe because its so expensive your only getting a thimble full for your 10quid.

Meat-Head
18th April, 2011, 01:45 PM
also some cars eg Fiat Cu*to need 3 gallens of fuel in order to run from empty
there is a 'ice cream container' in the bottom of tank, needs fuel in ti.

rover 75 the fuel pumps split in half, no pressure, possable exhaust blocked or ecu.

Find your nearset DK member spent one hour labour with them M-H-M charge 40+vat per hour (48), worth one hour BEFORE you scrap it

Where are you, roughly?

PierreTheron
19th April, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi

Hi somewhere between here and no money to spend..{I think}

darrenhyland
19th April, 2011, 10:25 PM
Better still just 5 quids worth of petrol sorts most rovers out..pour it on the seats and spark it up........tried leaving the keys in the ignition but my local car jacker told me i'd have to leave 100 quid in the ash tray before he'd even consider robbing it!!:laugh: