PDA

View Full Version : Receiving channels?

jitjunior
12th December, 2008, 11:31 PM
Just a theoretical question. If I were to but an openmedia box, could i pick up satellite channels using an existing sky dish? Or would i need a seperate dish? Also, through reading around, sky cant be received on openmedia as far as i'm aware, so what channels do you get?

I currently use dbox for cable, but was interested in the compatability of this box in receiving both satellite and cable at the flick of a switch.

:santaclaus:

dingifever
13th December, 2008, 01:04 AM
Same question as above about connecting sky cable to open media. is it possible to get sky channels in that way?

Curious123
13th December, 2008, 01:30 AM
You will get the FTA channels and nothing esle.

jitjunior
17th December, 2008, 03:12 PM
Same question as above about connecting sky cable to open media. is it possible to get sky channels in that way?

This wasn't the question i asked, i was wondering (seeing as i was pretty much sure sky wasn't available) what channels you actually get. Such as are you limited to just the selection of FTA provided by sky, or do you have access to channels from other providers?

Curious123
17th December, 2008, 11:54 PM
This wasn't the question i asked, i was wondering (seeing as i was pretty much sure sky wasn't available) what channels you actually get. Such as are you limited to just the selection of FTA provided by sky, or do you have access to channels from other providers?

The Sky dish points to 28.2E and you get all the FTA channels that are available on that satellite, basically the same FTA channels that are available with a Sky box and nothing else from any other providers.

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th December, 2008, 01:17 AM
You wil only get the free to air channels from the sky satellites.. To watch the encrypted channels you will have to cardshare... The best option is to use other satellites..

jitjunior
18th December, 2008, 11:22 AM
Which other satellites are better and what selection of channels do they provide?

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 10:58 PM
Which other satellites are better and what selection of channels do they provide?

All a question of what interest you, do you like films, footy, ~~~~ etc. Check the link below and you will get a taste of what channels can be available.

Packages - Europe, Africa & Middle East - LyngSat (http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/europe.html)