PDA

View Full Version : ds lite problems

del80y69
12th December, 2008, 11:57 PM
hi, I have purchased a ds lite game cartridge with 36 games on it on a micro sd 2gb, I purchased 2 for sons xmas pressie, when I turn on ds it freezes and if im lucky it might load up, well i have sent these back to the guy twice, does anyone know of what the problem mite be or as i have the gear how would i start afresh, think ive been stitched up here please help!!!

Jaffa
13th December, 2008, 12:29 AM
It could be that the wrong firmware was on it, but if it was a trader they usually get it right but rip you off, do you realise these carts are ?5 for a dstt and about ?9 for an R4 clone, just get the memory and away you go, less than ?15 would see you thru for cart and 4 gb mem card.

del80y69
13th December, 2008, 12:51 AM
I have the ndstt and the 2gb memory but not sure of where and wot to do next can anyone help

Jaffa
13th December, 2008, 01:01 AM
Format the mem card and put the firmware on the root of the card, you can then either put the ds roms on the root or create a folder called games on the root of the mem card and put them in there.

When you extract this file it will be in a folder called eng, you just put everything inside the eng folder on to the root, do not put it on inside the eng folder as that is only to distinquish that its English menus. So all folders and file inside Eng goes on the root.

GBAtemp.net :: Downloads :: Other flashcarts and adapters :: DSTT Firmware v1.16 (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3809)

del80y69
13th December, 2008, 01:46 AM
I formatted the 2gb card to fat32, downloaded your link, copied to gb card, copied game to card from the place i saved them from wot was on the card previously, put 1 game on gb card placed into ds and still get 2 white screens, do i have to do anything to the dstt card?

Doomed
16th December, 2008, 11:24 AM
Hi

I think you may have copied they whole "eng"folder instead of just the ttmenu folder and the ttmenu.dat.

Try this. Its the DSTT v1.16 firmware using custom ysmenu. Nicer interface ;)

Extract and copy to root of microsd card. (ie TTmenu folder and TTMENU.DAT file)
Then copy games to root and away you go. This sorts them alphabetically to so games are easier to find. Enjoy :)