PDA

View Full Version : Sagem Dbox trouble

jackbauer21
13th December, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hello There
I am helping a friend of mine who is housebound and has a Sagem Dbox which was working fine till last week.

The box will now only pick up BBC1, 2 ITV etc and the radio stations.

I have been advised by people at work how to access the ' keys' which are needed and I have them for the Telewest( Virgin) provider.

I followed their step by step instructions about bringing up the screen with the var/keys/keylist.txt heading and worked out how to put the kys in using the remote but nothing is working.

I would add I am unsure what to key in - ie -do I include the 00= when typing the double letters/numbers?

Any help would be appreciated.

JB21

Jaffa
13th December, 2008, 12:11 AM
Best way around it m8 is to ftp the new AU fix, that way you wont have to enter the keys.

You can find the fix at link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/nagrarom-auto-update-fix-29-11-08-a-14313/

Elric
13th December, 2008, 12:14 AM
bah humbug......you beat me to it jaffa ;)

jackbauer21
13th December, 2008, 12:27 AM
bah humbug......you beat me to it jaffa ;)

This is quite unnerving.

Firstly thanks for the quick response from both you lads ( I'm assuming !!).

Thing is I am going to the 'Jaffa' club in Burnbank, Hamilton for a night out before Xmas and secondly I have just started reading the Elric/Stormbringer books for the first time in nearly 30 years just last week.

'' ...the garishly dressed prince brooded moodily at the prow of the vessel as the thickening fog enveloped the war fleet...''

Jaffa
13th December, 2008, 12:31 AM
This is quite unnerving.

Thing is I am going to the 'Jaffa' club in Burnbank, Hamilton for a night out before Xmas and secondly I have just started reading the Elric/Stormbringer books for the first time in nearly 30 years just last week.

'' ...the garishly dressed prince brooded moodily at the prow of the vessel as the thickening fog enveloped the war fleet...''

You are having a laugh...If not that is fekkin spooky. I am going to have to turn the light on now.

jackbauer21
13th December, 2008, 12:41 AM
You are having a laugh...If not that is fekkin spooky. I am going to have to turn the light on now.

No kidding mate, I'd show you my library ticket if I could. :D

Elric
13th December, 2008, 12:46 AM
This is quite unnerving.

nice one m8, now you know me lmao

jackbauer21
13th December, 2008, 01:08 AM
Best way around it m8 is to ftp the new AU fix, that way you wont have to enter the keys.

You can find the fix at link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/nagrarom-auto-update-fix-29-11-08-a-14313/

Biggish problem is she has no PC in her home.

Elric
13th December, 2008, 01:12 AM

take a laptop or a pc round to her or get her to bring the box to yours

Jaffa
13th December, 2008, 01:15 AM

Honestly m8 theres no other way around it without connecting to the box in some way.

Well I tell a lie if you want to have to input the keys every time they change but who wants that. bring it home with you, it wont take long to get it going and you dont even need to be in VM area, just connected to the box via ftp and it will be o.k when you plug it back in for her.

If I could I would teleport and do it for you but Dr Who is using the tardis.

jackbauer21
13th December, 2008, 02:32 AM
Honestly m8 theres no other way around it without connecting to the box in some way.

Well I tell a lie if you want to have to input the keys every time they change but who wants that. bring it home with you, it wont take long to get it going and you dont even need to be in VM area, just connected to the box via ftp and it will be o.k when you plug it back in for her.

If I could I would teleport and do it for you but Dr Who is using the tardis.

So I just have to buy a crossover ethernet cable and follow the instructions in the link if I bring her box over here( both Virgin)?

Migz
13th December, 2008, 04:22 AM
yes then use an ftp proggie to transfer the files ;)

jackbauer21
15th December, 2008, 08:47 PM
yes then use an ftp proggie to transfer the files ;)

Hello again
I have downloaded Flash FTP and bought a crossover ethernet cable...
so I connect the Dbox to my cable feed/TV and pop the cable into the ethernet port at the rear of DBox and the other end into the internet port on my PC and follow the instuctions....

jackbauer21
16th December, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hello again

Looks like things have came up trumps!!! I got myself rather confused when I stated to read too many guides on How To... :stupid:

I eventually used Filezilla and got all the addresses /settings correct and the box started working.

I done a scan and what looked like the correct amount of channels came on the channel list. I'll take it round to my friends this evening and I have no doubt it will fire up fine.

Many, many thanks Jaffa and Elric and to Migz for your help.

I'll not pretend to understand how it is done, but I appreciate the sweat that has gone into making these files etc.

JB21