PDA

View Full Version : help with tree root

costa
20th April, 2011, 10:13 PM
cut a tree down now how to kill the root quick pls

maca
20th April, 2011, 10:20 PM
I just googled this Best way to kill tree stump - Tree World (http://www.treeworld.info/f2/best-way-kill-tree-stump-5428.html)

SouthernComfort
22nd April, 2011, 10:16 PM
Drill a deep hole into the stump, feed it diesel through a tube. Make sure you don't get diesel on anything else, will kill just about anything in your garden.

maca
22nd April, 2011, 10:19 PM
Drill a deep hole into the stump, feed it diesel through a tube. Make sure you don't get diesel on anything else, will kill just about anything in your garden.
True i poured red deisel over the soil in our front garden never had a problem with weeds ever. oh the front is all paved by the way lol

SouthernComfort
22nd April, 2011, 11:49 PM
True i poured red deisel over the soil in our front garden never had a problem with weeds ever. oh the front is all paved by the way lol
Should be good for 5-10 years not recommended though. ;)

stihl260
23rd April, 2011, 08:23 AM
cut a tree down now how to kill the root quick pls

It depends on what tree it is as to wether it will regrow.
If its a conifer then it will simply rot away over afew years as they dont regrow.

Some Genus regrow, some dont, depends upon the life cycle of the tree in question.

A photo of said tree before you cut it down would be useful.

Anyway its down now, so there are lots of Proper Arb use chemicals out there that you wont be able to buy, unless you know someone in the trade.

To be fair if you have a chainsaw, then simply plunge cut deep into the remaining stump and apply Roundup twice afew weeks apart by pouring it in the groves left.

Yep any Petrochemical fuel works or rocksalt, but neither is very enviromentaly freindly!

You can either cut them in the circle, which would be the correct method, although this is not be undertaken if your not used to using a chainsaw.

Plunge cutting is extremely dangerous unless your skilled and trained.

Basically plunging the tip (nose) of the bar straight into the Tree .

As the chain runs a cetain way round, most of the Kickback force is on the nose.

This is usually the point where the untrained end up in A+E with a half you face hanging off or it can go the other way and up your inside leg, severing and you bleed to death in about 2 minutes.

Either way your gonna die!

Or if your lucky it will simply break your wrist with the force as it snacks back.

See attched photos of chainsaw injuries.
http://www.treeworld.info/attachments/f9/4284d1202417505-home-owner-tree-crew-accidents-accidents-chainsaw-kickback.jpg

http://www.jimwcoleman.com/photoblog/050605%20broken%20s%20wrist.JPG

or simply Pay someone someone like me who is trained , Qualified and insured to do the job for you at a Fair price,lol

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 04:18 PM
Or drill a hole, feed it diesel and make sure not to spill any. Know which one I'd choose. Cost = free - gaping eye wound.
If you are a qualified tree surgeon, discussing plunge cutting with someone who asks how to kill a root is madness to be fair.

stihl260
23rd April, 2011, 05:03 PM
Or drill a hole, feed it diesel and make sure not to spill any. Know which one I'd choose. Cost = free - gaping eye wound.
If you are a qualified tree surgeon, discussing plunge cutting with someone who asks how to kill a root is madness to be fair.

It was tounge in cheek advice to be fair!

All the advice was already on the link to ausie arb site, which i did not post the link to.

I did state at least twice "Not for the untrained or inexperienced" or words to that effect.

The pictures were to demonstrate what can happen if things go wrong.

The use of Petrochemicals to kill weeds or Trees is madness to be fair!

Depending on where you live, the soil type and how low the water table is, the chances are eventually it will end up in the water table resulting in Contamination, potential poisening of wildlife/ Farm animals.

Which could could in turn end up in the food chain and on your dinner plate.

The Legislation on Enviromental Polution can be severe , usually with prosecution by the usual Government agencies and can follow with a custodial sentence.

At least with rock salt that ocures naturally and can be filtered out by water treatment, wether that be natural through layers of Mother natures own filter system or man made treatment.

This is the reason certain Chemicals are only sold to those who are trained and qualified to use them responsibly with complete traceabilty and accontability if things go wrong.

You could actually drink Glysophate 360 (roundup) and still live , as its not a poisen, but made to break down the cell in plants only.

Try drinking any type of Fuel and see how long you live,lol

cactikid
23rd April, 2011, 05:16 PM
and who uses protective clothing with a stihl saw oops lol,wonder if a petrol diesel mix work as in mixed wrong fuel in tank of vehicle,have a match handy for barby lol

SouthernComfort
23rd April, 2011, 06:01 PM
It was tounge in cheek advice to be fair!

To be fair if you have a chainsaw, then simply plunge cut deep into the remaining stump and apply Roundup twice afew weeks apart by pouring it in the groves left.

The use of Petrochemicals to kill weeds or Trees is madness to be fair!

Why? if used responsibly they are as effective as anything off the shelf. Am sure you are aware of there phytotoxic properties.

Depending on where you live, the soil type and how low the water table is, the chances are eventually it will end up in the water table resulting in Contamination, potential poisening of wildlife/ Farm animals.

Chances of this are minimal, similar to that of say someone spilling fuel while filling a chainsaw.

Which could could in turn end up in the food chain and on your dinner plate.

Really?

The Legislation on Enviromental Polution can be severe , usually with prosecution by the usual Government agencies and can follow with a custodial sentence.

Almost scared me into not using diesel there

At least with rock salt that ocures naturally and can be filtered out by water treatment, wether that be natural through layers of Mother natures own filter system or man made treatment.

He said quickly.

stihl260
24th April, 2011, 12:50 AM
Protected trees being killed by affluent homeowners... to improve their sea views | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242313/Protected-trees-killed-affluent-homeowners--improve-sea-views.html)

And yes people do get fined

Garden Law Discussion • View topic - ?20k threat (http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29783&sid=7c12989d8c3c3d6dced0c04c6508f554)

SouthernComfort
24th April, 2011, 01:47 AM
Protected trees being killed by affluent homeowners... to improve their sea views | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242313/Protected-trees-killed-affluent-homeowners--improve-sea-views.html)

And yes people do get fined

Garden Law Discussion • View topic - ?20k threat (http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29783&sid=7c12989d8c3c3d6dced0c04c6508f554)

Your point is? the tree has been cut down, he's not planning on killing it. Did you care to ask if it was protected before giving advice?

cactikid
24th April, 2011, 08:05 AM
does state is cut down and how to kill roots,maybe tree was diseased.

true grit
24th April, 2011, 10:38 PM
a good bonfire on top of the stump will sort it and its environmental friendly .

gunnwoom
3rd May, 2011, 05:36 PM
you could do what i did put of removing it for ten years ignore the earache from the missus then when u finally get round to it the stump is well rotten and comes out easy!