PDA

View Full Version : TGS220 cannot change image (TGS220 != NO SUPPORT) ?? :S

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 10:07 AM
hey guys i have an issue with an itgate tgs220 receiver. i had installed a darkstar2 image but now i want to change it back to the original image tht i downloaded from itgate.co.kr. i flashed the box, did a factory reset, tried almost anything. but when i try to update the box from control center a message comes up saying "TGS220 != NO SUPPORT"
i chose darkstar because from there you can download any ccam files you want. but when i installed it and tried to scan for channels then only a few came up. not what i expected. i also tried adding the sattelites.xml file with all the transponder but no luck again. so now i am trying to go back from scratch with the original image and try my luck with installing manualy an mgcamd and ccam wich i couldnt install before by the way and believe me i tried everything that i had read in a lot of forums...
anyone has a clue of whats worng? im desperate!

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 10:51 AM
Are you uk based?....have you tried to seriel update?...and what imaige are you trying to install?
Bit more info required.......

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 10:56 AM
im in cyprus. i was trying through lan with control center. now i plugged in the serial cable and i am finally upgrading the box to edg nemesis 4.4 but its taking ages. do you know if i will be able to download mgcam and ccam on the box? or will i have to manually install them and if so how do i manually do that?
thanks, im driving mad here :stupid:

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 11:09 AM
you willl need to add extra url ft into var/etc and change attributes to 755....then you will get access to cams you require

extra url last post here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/ur-v9-image-cccam-isssue-tgm220-170104/index2.html#post1064965

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 11:13 AM
ok now i have another problem. i have a diseq switch connected with 2 satellites. nilesat and hotbird. did the configuration correct and did a multisat scan. only found 271 channels on nilesat and 291 on hotbird. that cant be right. any ideas?

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 11:54 AM
unsure of your set up...but i normally have to scan 3-4 times to get whats expected with my itgate...

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 12:05 PM
i went to a ur image i had and everything works fine. scaned just one time and got all channels. the only problem now is how to install manually the mgcamd. anybody has an idea? i think its not the same way as ccam...

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 12:06 PM
why install manually?.....did you add the extra url?

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 12:12 PM
oh no i just saw that. i just added the extra.url file to var/etc
notice that my image now is ur. so what do i do next? when i go to the blue panel to download the cam files it says no connection... sorry if am i bit novice o these things

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 12:17 PM
want work with ur,..put edg-nemesis bk on,....the ftp into the box and add the extra url to var/ect....attributes to 755,..then reboot box..then blue,blue then option 2..mgcam if your after that 4th in the list

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 12:19 PM
but with nemesis i have the issue of the channels. it finds only 300 channels. dont know whats wrong with that. i also added the satellites.xml file with all the transponders but still no luck. so i have to stay with ur image but i just have to add manually the mgcamd. if anyone has a clue how to do that please HELP!!!

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 12:21 PM
ftp the cam into the temp folder then manually install

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 07:26 PM
Be nice to no if you got sorted?

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 07:30 PM
havent tried it yet. but i dont think it will work because i tried the manual installation before and i just couldnt get it to work. if you could guide me step by step how to manually add the mgcamd i would be greateful...

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 07:55 PM
what ur imaige you using?.... in all honesty i,v never been able to manually install,....when i get a imaige to work,..i always bk the var up,..or bk mtd4 in web interface,..then reflash if required.

mept1
22nd April, 2011, 07:57 PM
Theres some top itgate members on here.....plasterer andiwell..shamus.. freck to mention a few i,m sure between us we get you there!

costasavg
22nd April, 2011, 08:09 PM
i am using ur image 2.0.23. i also have another itgate tgs210 that is working fine with mgcamd. i had downloaded the cam files on that one before the servers closed. can i copy everything on the new box? and if yes how do i do that? will it work?

plasterer
22nd April, 2011, 10:30 PM
Try Backing up your var/ bin folder
and also var /etc folder from your working box.
Then transfer them to the non working box change attributes to 755 ,and should be good to go .
Theres a var folder posted loaded with CCcam
Hope this helps ........Paul

costasavg
23rd April, 2011, 10:44 AM
Try Backing up your var/ bin folder
and also var /etc folder from your working box.
Then transfer them to the non working box change attributes to 755 ,and should be good to go .
Theres a var folder posted loaded with CCcam
Hope this helps ........Paul

hey there thanks for your reply. i tried this but no luck... the cams dont seem to work. when i open the box with dcc the files that i transfered are there and i see them on the tv also but they are not working...
nobody knows how to manually install cam files???:stoned:

mept1
23rd April, 2011, 10:58 AM
Did you change attributes to 755 as plasterer suggested?....and if there ....there,...why would you need to manually install them?

costasavg
23rd April, 2011, 11:00 AM
yes i did. copied from the working box to my hard drive, connected the other box, transfered the files to it, changed the attributes to 755 everything copied. restarted the box. nothing works... :(

mept1
23rd April, 2011, 11:06 AM
not even fta?

costasavg
23rd April, 2011, 11:07 AM
free to air are ok. free to air dont need cams as i know...

mept1
23rd April, 2011, 11:10 AM
As i said before unsure of your set up in cyprus,..on your other box do you need to edit the config file?

costasavg
23rd April, 2011, 11:17 AM
the ccam.cfg file is ok its not that. i am sure of that because i used the same as the other receiver that works fine. i even tried a new ccam.cfg but still. here in cyprus its the same thing as in the rest of the world. u add the modified ccam.cfg file in var/etc and also a newcamd.list in var/keys for working with mgcamd. until i was able to download them on the box through internet everything worked smoothly. i am sure 100% that the way getting out of this is by installing manually mgcamd1.35 and ccam2104 files on the receiver.... but i just cant find the way...

mept1
23rd April, 2011, 11:27 AM
Well you seem to think by manualy inserting the cams is the only way you think it will work?.....if the cams are there, cant see how manualy inputting the cams will work any diffrentley..unless i,m misunderstanding you

costasavg
23rd April, 2011, 11:31 AM
i mean by inerting them through ftp and then manually installing them from the box. i did this once with a dm500s as i added an mg_cfg file to var/keys and then added 3 tar files to /tmp and manually installed them from the receiver. it worked fine then. with my tgs220 that dont seem to work... and its the same image that i am using....

mept1
23rd April, 2011, 06:27 PM
I no some members have done that succesfully,..maybe read through the itgate threads!

Good luck.