PDA

View Full Version : Manual Transponder Scan

borderfox
22nd April, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi. I'm just getting acquainted with the Openbox - have it setup and running fine. However, the channel list I have does not include a couple of channels I need. I have a fixed sat setup on 28.2

How can I carry out a manual transponder scan - so that I can add these channels?:hmmmm2:

hooley
22nd April, 2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.sat4fun.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png How to manually add a TP to your OpenBox (easy)

2 ways you can start:

1. Move the dish to the satellite you want to add a TP to.

-or-

2. Just go to the tp list and flip thru the satellites. OpenBox will automatically move the dish as you change satellites.

-----------------------------------------
Either way here is the proceedure when you are on the sat you want to add to.

1. MENU > INSTALLATION > TP List.

2. Look and make sure you are on the correct satellite. If not use the < and > arrows to flip thru. If you were already on the satellite it should be the one selected alreadyu.

3. Press green button to add.

4. Type in the frequency, then arrow down to symbol rate

5. type in the symbol rate, arrow down to polarity. Use < or > arrows to change polarity.

6. Arrow down to save, press OK button

----------------------------------------------
To scan the TP:

1. Press blue button on remote for Search
2. Either press ok and it will search, or set the options if you want such as FTA only, TV/Radio and Network search. I just hit the ok button as the defaults are what I want with a manual TP scan.

rodnay
8th February, 2012, 03:19 PM
hi,

where is symbol rate? i can find the frequency on the left column (on Lyng***) but which of those columns is the symbol rate?

also .. is it purely numeric or alphanumeric? i.e do i need to use the 'V' .. what would the syntax be?

Manic01
8th February, 2012, 03:52 PM
Heres an example
Freq 12243
Polarity
H
Symbol rate
So looks like
12243 H 27500

dafy1234
25th March, 2012, 01:11 PM
http://www.sat4fun.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png How to manually add a TP to your OpenBox (easy)

2 ways you can start:

1. Move the dish to the satellite you want to add a TP to.

-or-

2. Just go to the tp list and flip thru the satellites. OpenBox will automatically move the dish as you change satellites.

-----------------------------------------
Either way here is the proceedure when you are on the sat you want to add to.

1. MENU > INSTALLATION > TP List.

2. Look and make sure you are on the correct satellite. If not use the < and > arrows to flip thru. If you were already on the satellite it should be the one selected alreadyu.

3. Press green button to add.

4. Type in the frequency, then arrow down to symbol rate

5. type in the symbol rate, arrow down to polarity. Use < or > arrows to change polarity.

6. Arrow down to save, press OK button

----------------------------------------------
To scan the TP:

1. Press blue button on remote for Search
2. Either press ok and it will search, or set the options if you want such as FTA only, TV/Radio and Network search. I just hit the ok button as the defaults are what I want with a manual TP scan.
Hello, Im New to this could you please tell me the frequency for SBO HD1 and SBO HD2 since the king of sat is confusing?

Thanks