PDA

View Full Version : rebooting

Simmyuk
24th April, 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi all, ive seen all the posts regarding rebooting probs, had my box now for 2 month at first everything was fine then i updated firmware not to latest the one before, anyways box started rebooting so i thought i was having the dodgy channel prob so deleted prob channel which then seemed to be ok, then i found more prob channels so instead of deleting the channels i installed a channel list of here but still same probs so i updated to latest firmware slowly but surely things are just getting worse, when i do a scan on a sat i'm lucky if it will finish before it reboots, sometimes i can be in the menu fine tuning a sat and it will reboot, i can go into channel list and move up/down channel and will sometimes reboot, ive changed power lead, replaced fuse in power from 3amp to 13 amp, ive replaced network cable sometimes it even reboots at random times while watching anything and then when it comes back on it will reboot no matter what button i press on the remote i have to press menu twice fast when it comes on but then i'm lucky if i can do anything for rebooting, also took back to supplier set it up and left it with them for the day came back later and everything seemed fine so i presumed it was a prob at my end so got home seemed fine for 20 mins then started again so i got the the firmware of the supplier that it came with and still the same its now got to the stage were i can't watch it and its doing my head in so any advice would be grateful.

Cheers Sim

spec openbox s9 hd
1 mtr motorised dish

hooley
24th April, 2011, 03:44 PM
Maybe try flashing the factory firmware on and then put newest firmware on. is it a clone?

ivanando
24th April, 2011, 03:59 PM
reflash it

Simmyuk
24th April, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Hooley, ive tried the f/ware it came with but was still the same, at the moment i'm using f/ware from 1/10/2010 fingers crossed been ok for an hour, the main channels i have probs with are the hd channels, i also have a couple of questions.

1, since i've put this f/ware on and i put the box into standby it automaticly reboots which it did not do before could this be the f/ware.

2, when i remove my sat cable while box is on the box reboots and then flashes on the front saying ON but the box does'nt come on is this rite.

Cheers Sim

p.s Hooley when you say factory f/ware do you mean the one the supplier put on if not where can i get factory f/ware also i do think my box is a clone even though the supplier said its not he said there are 2 manufacturers who make the box and do their own f/ware which does'nt help as the instruction manual gives you no clue as to who manufactured the box.

Cheers anyway Hooley

p.s already tried latest f/ware after factory reset

hooley
24th April, 2011, 07:47 PM
See how you go and let me know tomorrow and I will post up the factory firmware. I'm away out now:beer:

Simmyuk
25th April, 2011, 12:54 PM
Back to square one, thought i'd sorted it but no, gonna take it back to supplier today and set it up properly at their place but you can bet it won't play up if it does i'll go for refund and hopefully get an original from somewhere else.

Cheers Hooley

Sim

hooley
25th April, 2011, 01:18 PM
Back to square one, thought i'd sorted it but no, gonna take it back to supplier today and set it up properly at their place but you can bet it won't play up if it does i'll go for refund and hopefully get an original from somewhere else.

Cheers Hooley

Sim

No probs man, best of luck

sombel
25th April, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hi all, ive seen all the posts regarding rebooting probs, had my box now for 2 month at first everything was fine then i updated firmware not to latest the one before, anyways box started rebooting so i thought i was having the dodgy channel prob so deleted prob channel which then seemed to be ok, then i found more prob channels so instead of deleting the channels i installed a channel list of here but still same probs so i updated to latest firmware slowly but surely things are just getting worse, when i do a scan on a sat i'm lucky if it will finish before it reboots, sometimes i can be in the menu fine tuning a sat and it will reboot, i can go into channel list and move up/down channel and will sometimes reboot, ive changed power lead, replaced fuse in power from 3amp to 13 amp, ive replaced network cable sometimes it even reboots at random times while watching anything and then when it comes back on it will reboot no matter what button i press on the remote i have to press menu twice fast when it comes on but then i'm lucky if i can do anything for rebooting, also took back to supplier set it up and left it with them for the day came back later and everything seemed fine so i presumed it was a prob at my end so got home seemed fine for 20 mins then started again so i got the the firmware of the supplier that it came with and still the same its now got to the stage were i can't watch it and its doing my head in so any advice would be grateful.

Cheers Sim

spec openbox s9 hd
1 mtr motorised dish

this sounds to my own situation i have had an openbox clone and it's reboot constantly but i realised when i unplug this receiver for 1 hour or more the problem disappear. So i think it isn't a firmware problem because i back to the manufactured software and the problem still exist.
For my opinion the openbox clone receivers were made with lower quality devices but that's not a shock seeing his price.

Simmyuk
1st May, 2011, 12:59 AM
Well i updated with latest and factory firmware was ok for a few hours but no good so i took the box back to supplier and he offered me a refund on the spot, was tempted to go technomate 500 but i took a new open box s9, got it home and saw there was a few differences to the one i got before, i don't know if i should start a new thread with this but i'll put the differences here.

1, my old box had a 2 pin power supply which plugged into the back of the box this one is permanent.

2, the ventilation holes on the top of the old box were straight on the new one the outer are curved.

3, i now have a different remote which is classed as the version 3 remote very similar to a sky remote.

4, on the front display with the channel number there is a small green led which is now to the top left side of the channel number but before on the old box it was to the bottom right.

touch wood i've had this box for 10hrs running and had no probs at all so i'm guessing the other box was a clone and was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard so i guess this ends the theory is there clones out there i would say yes there is,hope this will help peeps to get the right box.

Sim

Cheers Hooley