PDA

View Full Version : Quick guide to Multiboot your VU+

aftermath
25th April, 2011, 04:14 PM
Quick guide to Multiboot your VU+ with Meoboot and USB stick written by Data 100.

1. Format your USB stick FAT32 with HP Tool here

2. Install Meoboot from plugin panel if using VTI or use plugin here

3. Goto plugins and select Meoboot you will see this: -

4. Press green button for devices and press red button to format

5. Once done you need to re-start Meoboot via plugin and you will see this: -

6. Press red button to install Meoboot

7. Reboot receiver if its not re-booted automatically.

8. Start Meoboot via plugins, you should see this: -

9. FTP what ever other image you wish to multiboot to /media/usb/MbootUpload/ This must be a NFI image. NOT USB image.

10. Press red button to install image

11. Meoboot will then install the new image onto your USB stick. This takes a few mins and the VU+ will freeze. Once done the VU+ will automatically re-boot into your new image.

12. To boot back into the flash image, start Meoboot via plugins, select flash and press green button to boot image: -

cableguy2010
19th January, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hello Guys,

I upgraded to a new Vu Solo today and attempted to reflash the drive with with last Vix version using the usb method. It worked until i ran the auto update on the VIX software. The box froze and i attempted to update the bootloader and may have corrupted the system.

After some playing around im stuck with a solid red and have attempted to reflash it to no avail.

please help

dell_xps
21st January, 2012, 12:31 PM
This is an old thread, don't think u can multi boot with vix image now, RD where r ya ?

RuberDuck
21st January, 2012, 01:03 PM
well you can but there is no official support for multiboot from the ViX team so it's down to the user them selves to work it out.

personally though i dont see the point in multiboot for a receiver like this. yes it was a godsend on my old DM7020 and i used a multiboot system for almost 10 years, but with a Vu you can make a fully functioning backup which can be flashed back to the box in less than 5 minutes including all settings and preferences. so you can try as many images as you like and be able to return to a fully setup box in minutes for testing purposes or if something goes wrong.