PDA

View Full Version : Cheers Devilfish for creating the VU Duo/Solo section.

dell_xps
25th April, 2011, 05:32 PM
Cheers Devilfish, very much appreciated m8.

aftermath
25th April, 2011, 06:11 PM
I had nothing to do so i did it, lol

the man
25th April, 2011, 06:45 PM
I had nothing to do so i did it, lol

well done...........

dell_xps
25th April, 2011, 07:38 PM
Cheers Aftermath !

aftermath
25th April, 2011, 07:44 PM
Cheers Aftermath !

no probs mate, if there is anything we can add to make this part successful just post what you guys need.

Oh and I would love a spare ?300+ to get one of these, but times are hard these days.

dell_xps
25th April, 2011, 07:47 PM
Best ?330 quid you will ever spend !!
(or go for the openbox S9 if you want no frills etc)

aftermath
25th April, 2011, 07:53 PM

yeh i can get one of those for about ?75, but they look very basic and everything seems to be added via USB stick, but worth a look, also need an external HDD to record too

dell_xps
25th April, 2011, 08:00 PM
Cant fault the openbox m8, only has 1 tuner, epg sucks, picture quality is on par with the Vu+, well worth the money.
Top tip, make sure you get a quality line, if not you'll hate it :-)

abynk
27th April, 2011, 05:25 PM

just got one for ?300 delivered from an ebay seller who accepts best offer for ?300

mdt
27th April, 2011, 06:14 PM
i have a duo but i havent even had a play with it yet!! regards mdt

RuberDuck
27th April, 2011, 06:42 PM
i have a duo but i havent even had a play with it yet!! regards mdt

you may find that once you have had a chance to have a play with the DUO, it will soon become your main box as it simply out classes all others especially the dreamboxes.

dell_xps
27th April, 2011, 07:25 PM
Have to agree this box does some brilliant things, forget the sly box, this box rocks !

RuberDuck
27th April, 2011, 07:42 PM
just got one for ?300 delivered from an ebay seller who accepts best offer for ?300

in my honest opinion, the best image you can put on the box when it arrives is VIX. and i'm not just saying that because i'm a member / beta tester of the VIX team.

cactikid
27th April, 2011, 07:51 PM
yes using vix i like it:top:

dell_xps
27th April, 2011, 07:58 PM
Image is rock solid as I posted in previous posts !!
Only 1 fault I can find with this box, and that was the price, but well worth the dosh :-)

RuberDuck
27th April, 2011, 08:00 PM
Image is rock solid as I posted in previous posts !!
Only 1 fault I can find with this box, and that was the price, but well worth the dosh :-)

it's still a heck of a lot cheaper than the similar spec DM8000. but well worth the price. after all i paid almost ?1,000 9 years ago for my original DM7020 / motor and 85 cm dish.

dell_xps
27th April, 2011, 09:11 PM
I was going to get the 8000HD, nearly a grand, glad I didn't
get it, this is the box to get :-) buy it !!

RuberDuck
27th April, 2011, 09:54 PM
I was going to get the 8000HD, nearly a grand, glad I didn't
get it, this is the box to get :-) buy it !!

lol i know a few good mates who did shell out that for a dm8000, and if i'm honest the support for it is terrible. granted there are teams releasing images for it but most over look it in favor of the dm800 and it's clones.

tool37
30th April, 2011, 12:38 AM
thanks dell xps, for pointing me in right direction, well happy with vu+ duo, well worth the dough:top:

satpink
2nd May, 2011, 08:46 PM
i had a dm8000hd it had 4 sat tuners in it, is the vu+ duo capable of adding more tuners?

cactikid
2nd May, 2011, 09:12 PM
there is only space for 2 but i believe it can record a number of channels at the same time.

RuberDuck
2nd May, 2011, 09:20 PM
i had a dm8000hd it had 4 sat tuners in it, is the vu+ duo capable of adding more tuners?

the duo as the name implies is a twin tuner receiver but properly setup it can record upto 6 different recording at a time.

RuberDuck
2nd May, 2011, 09:26 PM
forgot to mention that you can also add a DTT = digital terrestrial tuner to these boxes effectively making them triple tuners

dell_xps
2nd May, 2011, 11:32 PM
Via a usb stick Rubber Duck ?

cactikid
2nd May, 2011, 11:59 PM
i believe so,maybe a name or 2 with ones that work

dell_xps
3rd May, 2011, 07:46 AM
Add Cable TV to you Vu+Duo

'' Steps for configuring the device on a VU+Duo using VTI Image 2.4

From the plugin download menu choose "drivers" and select the Sundtek Driver to download.
Once downloaded switch off the Vu+Duo and plug the Sundtek Tuner into a rear usb port.
Switch on the Vu+Duo.
Press the Blue button and go to "VTI System Tools" and select "USB DVB-T/C/S2 Panel.
Select "DVB_C_Tuner_autostart.sh" and "DVB_C_Tuner_starten.sh".
Press Green for OK and reboot.
Select Menu/Information/About and make sure you can see the tuner. If not, repeat the autostart script and reboot.
Select Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner Configuration and choose the Sundtek USB Tuner.
Make sure the tuner it is enabled and that the correct Region is selected.
Select Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Automatic Scan and choose the USB tuner and wait for terrestrial channels to appear.
If you are using Satellite Tuners as well go to Menu/Setup/System/Customize and change "Alternative services tuner priority" to be DVB-S/-C/-T.

The Sundtek guys offer excellent support and are constantly working on their products to be compatible with Enigma2 boxes.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYEKG92S)

(borrowed from another forum :-))

RuberDuck
3rd May, 2011, 08:22 AM
Via a usb stick Rubber Duck ?

yes a usb stick style dtt tuner, however not all work, we did have a thread on our home forum listing those known to work if i find that i'll post it here.