PDA

View Full Version : Couple of easy steps to stream your VU+ to any PC

dell_xps
25th April, 2011, 09:40 PM
Ok VU+ in a few easy steps to stream to your PC, I'm using an iMac i7.
Open up the web browser control panel on your PC, you will find this by opening the menu on the VU+ and going into network settings, it will be something like this, 192.168.0.9, now insert that into the address bar of your chosen browser.
It will now open the web control panel, to the far right of the panel you will see a little TV, right click on it and copy the URL it gives you, should be something like this,
http://192.168.0.9/web/stream.m3u?ref=1%3A0%3A19%3AEE6%3A7EC%3A2%3A11A000 0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A
Now open up VLC player, go to file---open network, in the url section input the above address, now press open.
You should now be streaming full HD or SD from your VU+ duo to your PC, I'm using a pair of comtrend home plugs, a netgear router and an iMac i7, pic quality is 10/10, no lag on either HD or SD channels.
And as it has twin tuners I can watch one channel and the wife can watch another no probs.
Added some screen dump pics to let you see, any questions just ask.

rossyboy11
30th October, 2012, 05:38 PM
nice one, HD steaming can stop/start for me but SD always good, thks for advice

grogking
12th September, 2013, 12:24 AM
hi
im on a windows laptop and cant seem to find the url you speak about? there are 2 tv icons but if i copy the link adress it gives me a ip address?

DOUGALMCD
12th September, 2013, 10:58 AM
On your box go into menu > info > network This is the ip addess you are looking for. Open your web browser and insert ip.

grogking
12th September, 2013, 08:06 PM
yes i get the openwebif page with all by channels but when i choose a channel i get the epg icon and then 2 tv icons but i cant get it to stream...if i double click on the 1st tv winamp opens but it wont connect and if i right click and copy link address i just get my vuduo ip adress?

cactikid
12th September, 2013, 10:14 PM
he mentioned vlc player not winamp.

grogking
12th September, 2013, 10:36 PM
hi
yes but if i open vlc player manually i still only have my ip adress when i copy the url in to vlc?

DOUGALMCD
13th September, 2013, 12:40 PM
Openwebif should open up with bouquets select one on the channel description to the right click the tv icon. This should download a stream on the left corner of windows click this and watch. Remember to clear the stream from downloads later.

grogking
13th September, 2013, 04:56 PM
hmmmm
i think this the problem then
when i click on the tv and click on the stream thats downloaded winamp opens up and not vlc......how do i get it to open vlc instead? or should it work in winamp?

digicon
13th September, 2013, 10:51 PM
You will have to change the 'Open With' properties program in windows from winamp to VLC

grogking
13th September, 2013, 11:26 PM
which ones though?
i only have music files to open with winamp so i dont know why this is happening?

Carew6
14th September, 2013, 05:05 PM
Open VLC, choose Tools-Preferences-Interface, scroll down to and choose Set Up Associations then tick the file extensions then you wish to open with VLC and Apply.

grogking
17th September, 2013, 12:08 AM
Open VLC, choose Tools-Preferences-Interface, scroll down to and choose Set Up Associations then tick the file extensions then you wish to open with VLC and Apply.
working perfect now thank you!!

grogking
17th September, 2013, 12:20 AM
hmmmm but the radio stream will not play?
any ideas?

edit: sorry yes it is it just takes longer to load up

thanks again!!

billy_m_1
11th July, 2014, 11:34 AM
I was following this with interest, and was hitting the same problems, now working great , cheers guys

mrecko
16th August, 2014, 10:24 AM
hey lads just followed this guide and its great, but i went a bit further and tried to open streams in xbmc which worked great but ive noticed the quality is not as good in xbmc does this make sense? its very pixelated..
this would be amazing if this was solved!!
thanks for the great posts...

Bann32
19th August, 2014, 04:07 PM
There are other ways of connecting from your Duo to XBMC if I remember correctly.

Try doing the same in VLC do you still have the same issue? If not check your settings in XBMC.

Secondly are you running wired or wireless? If wireless older laptops and WiFi cards/dongles can't transfer at the same speed, the amount of data sent when streaming this way can be quite high due to the format they are transmitted in, unlike media files and such which are compressed.

To be able to start pinpointing the issue, you would probably need to provide more information about your setup etc as your post is very vague.

Good luck :)

clubfantasy
23rd September, 2014, 04:35 AM
Downloaded the m3u file. opened up vlc player. Do i then click media open file and point to file?

therob1
23rd July, 2015, 05:07 PM
im trying to stream to my pc and open up the stream.m3u file and all i get is an image still and vlc ends, what am i doing wrong?