25th April, 2011, 11:59 PM
http://vuplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/uno.jpg

Vu+ UNO:

supports Pluggable Tuner (DVB-S2/C/T)
has Fast CPU
comes with Universal Remote
has Bigger Memory (512MB)
supports WIFI USB

needless to say, but team VIX will be fully supporting both the new Vu+ UNO and the Vu+ ULTIMO when they are released.

C64
26th April, 2011, 12:33 AM
Looks like the TM800, lol

RuberDuck
27th April, 2011, 07:43 PM
Looks like the TM800, lol

may be but it'll out class the TM800 in every respect. and i'm not against TM's i have x2 TM600's and there belting little boxes. but they have nothing that can rival a Vu+ receiver. and certainly not the Vu+UNO.

likeeloy
3rd May, 2011, 07:56 AM
ther is no pictuer of this?

RuberDuck
3rd May, 2011, 08:20 AM
ther is no pictuer of this?

erm yes the picture is in the top post along with a download

RuberDuck
11th May, 2011, 11:35 PM
well i just received mt Vu uno as part of the VIX beta team today. sadly i only had barely enough time to get it out of the box before i had to head off to work. i'll be setting it up the morrow when i get in from work and have me a wee play with it though.

dell_xps
12th May, 2011, 06:29 PM
Awaiting yer review m8, hurry up...lol

RuberDuck
12th May, 2011, 06:41 PM
lol i'm still playing, this is my first time with a e2 box although ive been using e1 boxes for almost ten years.

tool37
13th May, 2011, 12:38 AM
looks great, what price's do you think they are going for:top:

RuberDuck
13th May, 2011, 02:09 AM
unknown at the moment but i have seen reports of 339 euros being banded about.

dell_xps
14th May, 2011, 10:31 PM
C'mon RD where's this review, TV's $hite just now....lol

RuberDuck
14th May, 2011, 10:37 PM
i'll write one up in the next few dayd. still playing around with the box and vix.

samoloko
19th May, 2011, 01:57 PM
would you please test how Is handled weak signals - It Is very Important to people In fringe

RuberDuck
19th May, 2011, 04:24 PM
would you please test how Is handled weak signals - It Is very Important to people In fringe

my motor is not working correctly so i can not test any other satellite than 28.2 east, until i install a new motor

samoloko
20th May, 2011, 08:46 AM
while waiting for review would you please tell In general your thoughts of UNO - Picture quality, Zapping, Is there a BER showing, snr values compared to your previous Vu, Fan noise, temperature of box, recording etc

RuberDuck
28th May, 2011, 09:40 AM
been using the Uno for about 3 weeks and so far i'm very impressed with it. although this is my first E2 box as previously i used only E1 boxes.

from a dead start the receiver takes approx 1 minute to boot and watching tv.
the HDD cradle unlike the DM's which you need to almost be double jointed to install has a good amount of space around it which increases airflow and allows the box to remain nice and cool. HD picture quality is on par with my sky+HD box although i have been told that picture through a scart cable does suffer ( not tried that my self as i see no point in using scart on a HD box )

as in my other post i have tried various cams in the CI slots of the box with mixed results, i have not tried any of the card slots with any thing other than my sky card in them yet but the sky card works fine in either card slot.

flashing a image is just like any other Vu via USB and takes only a few minutes to load a new image. so far i have only really tested the box on sky uk as my motor paked up and i have not got round to installing the replacement i got from another VIX team member.

thats about all i can think of at the present, but i will update when i have time.

neolxs
6th June, 2011, 01:08 PM
been using the Uno for about 3 weeks and so far i'm very impressed with it. although this is my first E2 box as previously i used only E1 boxes.

from a dead start the receiver takes approx 1 minute to boot and watching tv.
the HDD cradle unlike the DM's which you need to almost be double jointed to install has a good amount of space around it which increases airflow and allows the box to remain nice and cool. HD picture quality is on par with my sky+HD box although i have been told that picture through a scart cable does suffer ( not tried that my self as i see no point in using scart on a HD box )

as in my other post i have tried various cams in the CI slots of the box with mixed results, i have not tried any of the card slots with any thing other than my sky card in them yet but the sky card works fine in either card slot.

flashing a image is just like any other Vu via USB and takes only a few minutes to load a new image. so far i have only really tested the box on sky uk as my motor paked up and i have not got round to installing the replacement i got from another VIX team member.

thats about all i can think of at the present, but i will update when i have time.

How does the Uno compare to the solo or Duo?

RuberDuck
6th June, 2011, 02:27 PM
i dont have a duo or solo to compare it with.

samoloko
10th June, 2011, 06:51 AM
did you test how It works with emus / cs
what was your previous box

theinvoice
3rd July, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi RuberDuck
Is there any more news on the VU+UNO? Are they any good? Is it worth getting? Please let us know.
Thanks