PDA

View Full Version : Cummins N14 info

spannermonkey
26th April, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hey im working on a truck that has a low power issue, the ESN is 60533938 the CPL cummins have supplied is CPL 2592, but the CPL that CPEC tells me it was factory at was CPL 2025 the engine is a cummins exchange engine and is suppost to be a N14 celect plus at 525 but its bin brought to me with low power issues and CPEC tells me it is only a N14 celect at 435hp from the factory. The engine Data plate has CPL 2592 but the cummins invoice for the engine says CPL2591.... can anyone out there tell me which of these is a CPL for a 525 celect plus engine and if it will suit the ESN.... im lost in the info atm.... any info will be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance

Poptest
26th April, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quickserve shows that this engine serial number was originally built as 435hp @ 2100 rpm, cpl 2592.

Insite shows shows that cpl 2592 ecm can be programmed from 435 hp to 525 hp.

So it is possible to uprate to 525hp.

jctech
27th April, 2011, 10:04 AM
Has this issue been there since rebuild or has it come on since then.

You need to find out what the CPL really is.
Different CPL's use different injectors with different flow rates
A genuine Cummins ReCon engine will have a ReCon dataplate and the CPL will be true to the ReCon dataplate, not what the engine was originally built as.
If it is a "local" service exchange engine, or a rebuilt ReCon engine, it is unlikely that the dataplate will have been replaced and the CPL could be anything.

spannermonkey
27th April, 2011, 03:02 PM
yeh issue been since they fitted the exchange engine to the truck, its a cummins recon engine, the CPL on the data plate is 2592 but the CPL on the invoice for the engine is 2591, whats the difference? i havent had a chance to put insite on to the engine to see the calibration as the truck is out bush at the moment, soon as i can i will see what calibration it is running. i should be able to get injector part # from invoice for the engine. what part number should a N14 celect plus 525 CPL 2592 be running? also is there different injection timing for different CPL's? i didnt think there was but owners seems to think there is... JC TECH can you answer any of these questions? i know you have a lot of cummins information, any help be appreciated