PDA

View Full Version : Openbox s9 LNB Out

moulee2009
26th April, 2011, 05:27 PM
Hi Guys

I have my openbox s9 working nice , it seems there is a need to have another box upstairs .

Now can i take a feed from the openbox lnb out at the rear of the box , if so will this effect any performance on either box ? This is the much easier option than wiring in from the sly dish im using ?

Has any member done this and did it effect signal etc. Can you watch a different channel on box ( A) compared to box ( B )

Thanks for your help

dell_xps
26th April, 2011, 05:33 PM
Dont think it will work m8, best to take a new feed directly from the LNB to your box upstairs, 10 minute job :-)

moulee2009
26th April, 2011, 05:38 PM
Dont think it will work m8, best to take a new feed directly from the LNB to your box upstairs, 10 minute job :-)

Yeah cheers mate , not quite as easy for me though , i will have to climb 2 out building inc 1 large peak roof garage so i was hoping for an easier option .

Thanks for taking time to answer though :)

SG8
26th April, 2011, 10:12 PM
You would have to watch a channel on the same transponder as the channel you would be watching on the Openbox, as Dell says it is much better to run the second feed from the LNB on your dish.

dell_xps
26th April, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah cheers mate , not quite as easy for me though , i will have to climb 2 out building inc 1 large peak roof garage so i was hoping for an easier option .

Thanks for taking time to answer though :)
Buy cable with the connectors fitted, then all you have to do is screw them on to the LNB, remember to tape around the connectors, so no water can get in !!, look on Ebay you will get a bundle with fixings etc, I bought 20mt shotgun cable other week, works perfectly, some people say it's $hite but not had any problems with it, and I get a better signal strength with it.
HTH

moulee2009
27th April, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys , its not fitting the cable so much i just did not fancy having to get on 2 different roof's to feed it round the outside of the house to the upstairs bedroom

handyguy2002
27th April, 2011, 11:38 AM
hi mate

I had a manhatten that had lmb output and it worked ok on another box

and I did not have to watch the same channel

hope this helps

hooley
27th April, 2011, 12:04 PM
bring your 2nd box down beside your main one and try it, then you will now if it works