PDA

View Full Version : OpenBox s9 - Sky News

Lyrrad
27th April, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hi

I'm struggling with lip sync issue. I'm happy to swap out HD channels with SD channels to overcome the problem, but my worst lip sync issue is with Sky News. As far as I can tell all SD Sky News channels cause reboot, and I have removed them.

I'm using NM_HDS2_CMT_1101030405 firmware after researching this issue on this forum.

The only other thing I've done is use a channel list created for 28.2

Any ideas, as it's really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

hooley
27th April, 2011, 12:06 PM
Try this one http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-4-4-11-a-199851/ and see if it helps

Lyrrad
27th April, 2011, 01:17 PM
Try this one http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-4-4-11-a-199851/ and see if it helps

Thanks.

It's slightly worse IMHO, and if I use TP Prog.rar in post 42 here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-4-4-11-a-199851/index3.html), it's much worse.

Can channel lists have this effect. It's certainly my finding with Sky News HD.

If only I could get SD channel that would do me fine, but as already stated it causes reboot.

Any other ideas, otherwise I think I'm gonna revert back to the combo I was using.

What are the factors that can affect this other than firmware. My common sense says none, and I don't hear too many complaints about it here although it certainly does get mentioned.

hooley
27th April, 2011, 01:25 PM
Ive read elsewhere that sky news is still rebooting even with the new firmware which is meant to fix this. So , ya you are right. Its the box itself , not the channel lists causing the problems. I never watch sky news, its mainly just kids proggrames on my openbox. The only thing you can do is change channel and back again to sky news, this usually fixes the lipsync. Its a pain i Know

worrabs
1st May, 2011, 05:08 PM
I to have problem with sky news rebooting my box. Is there a reason for this? all the other channels seem fine.

Lyrrad
2nd May, 2011, 09:30 AM
I to have problem with sky news rebooting my box. Is there a reason for this? all the other channels seem fine.

I'm very new to this box, but it was pretty clear to me that Sky News does reboot these boxes. However Sky News HD does not. Just delete offending channel and no more rebooting issues. You might then suffer the lip sync issue I have, but it is a step in the right direction.

bigmickt
2nd May, 2011, 03:00 PM
The S9 rebooting on certain channels has been there from the start, and despite numerous attempts at firmware fixes, including the latest (110404047A), the problem persists. For me the S9 was an interesting but failed experiment and for my setup it's time to changeover to a "real" Dreambox for regular viewing, leaving the S9 as something to play around with. I guess it's the same with most things, you get what you pay for!

neolxs
2nd May, 2011, 04:42 PM
The S9 rebooting on certain channels has been there from the start, and despite numerous attempts at firmware fixes, including the latest (110404047A), the problem persists. For me the S9 was an interesting but failed experiment and for my setup it's time to changeover to a "real" Dreambox for regular viewing, leaving the S9 as something to play around with. I guess it's the same with most things, you get what you pay for!

I have to agree, the openbox S9 could have been the best value for money box around however the lyp sync and rebooting issues should have been fixed by now. What hope can we have for future upgrades when they cant even get the basics right?

cactikid
2nd May, 2011, 05:49 PM
not knowing this box,but remember old cable box had same issue was to factory reset to erase channel list and rescan again,if a dump file is used that has a problem you would still get it,also the audio button was used to select a different stream,dont know if this info is of any use.

mept1
2nd May, 2011, 10:25 PM
I have to agree, the openbox S9 could have been the best value for money box around however the lyp sync and rebooting issues should have been fixed by now. What hope can we have for future upgrades when they cant even get the basics right?

The rebooting has been fixed if you load the latest channel lists...lip sync i,v not noticed myself...maybe you should move on if you think a hd box for ?70-90 aint what your looking for? for future proof!!

webhead
2nd May, 2011, 11:36 PM
i get the same on mine lip sync i change channel then back ,this is with latest firmware its worse than 2 firms ago resort back to before they put softcam on ,its better ,also freezes alot on sharing and, get a good channel list then skynews wont reboot it, if watching hd movies on new firmware your be ok until near end then piccy wil go blobky , and also my other boxes work fine off same dish so its not dish or anything else its the box , they obviously dont know how to get it to work properly...

eattheliving
3rd May, 2011, 08:29 AM
i get the same on mine lip sync i change channel then back ,this is with latest firmware its worse than 2 firms ago resort back to before they put softcam on ,its better ,also freezes alot on sharing and, get a good channel list then skynews wont reboot it, if watching hd movies on new firmware your be ok until near end then piccy wil go blobky , and also my other boxes work fine off same dish so its not dish or anything else its the box , they obviously dont know how to get it to work properly...

Hi webhead, do you get the scarmbled signal notice when the piccy freezes?

webhead
9th May, 2011, 10:40 AM
yes scrambled piccy ,but not on latest firmware seems alot better so good on them ,but now epg button is now info button but no epg ???this machine is crazy

trauma
11th May, 2011, 01:31 PM
but now epg button is now info button but no epg ???this machine is crazy

That's not quite correct, it do display the EPG, but in a different format, one can still use the < > arrow keys to select different days.

At least that's how it performs with me, I'm currently running a motorized channel list, and I can see no differance, apart from the format of course.