PDA

View Full Version : WORKHORSE ROAD SPEED GOVERNOR

atetruckrepair
27th April, 2011, 11:29 PM
looking to see if anyone out there knows how to or what program you need to change the road speed governor in the workhorse chassis i believe you have to access the cluster to make changes any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank's Bill :top:

jctech
3rd May, 2011, 01:23 AM
looking to see if anyone out there knows how to or what program you need to change the road speed governor in the workhorse chassis i believe you have to access the cluster to make changes any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank's Bill :top:

The only two ways I have seen road speed limiting used are internal in the engine ECM, or with the ABS system. The ABS system sends a torque derate signal to the engine ECM when the wheel sensors exceed a preset speed, the same signal is used by the ABS in its skid control (ASR)

atetruckrepair
3rd May, 2011, 11:32 AM
thank's jc it's not in the ecm but i will check the abs system from what i've read it's controlled by the electronic cluster but i dont know what software to use or how to gain access into it thank's for your help Bill

hercamp
5th May, 2011, 04:50 AM
yeah JC is right ...with model or brand you need to make the change ????
remenber that some models like cummins use info for multiplexing ,and detroits had 2 ways of read that info ..maybe I can give you some help in that.

jctech
5th May, 2011, 04:57 AM
You could try checking the max the vehicle speed with the ABS fuse removed, but the "smart" guys restrict the speed even further if no vehicle speed signal is being recieved.

The ABS will have its own diagnostic connector, or you will communicate via the J1939 datalink

atetruckrepair
8th May, 2011, 12:38 AM
just to let people know you need actia software to program the cluster in the workhorse it also controls the road speed governor