PDA

View Full Version : DREAMBOX 800HD

LENNY1
14th December, 2008, 07:16 PM
Hi would anybody know how to install hard drive to db800hd and what hard drive to fit

2tone
14th December, 2008, 07:30 PM
you need a sata drive also it should have came with the cables so you can plug it in then you will need to turn it on again go in to your menu and format it

westkill
14th December, 2008, 07:35 PM
have a look here lenny:)

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/user_manual_dm800_hd.pdf

LENNY1
14th December, 2008, 10:42 PM
thanks any ideas where best place to buy from

2tone
15th December, 2008, 05:56 PM
have a look on google m8 or even ebay loads of places sell them

LENNY1
16th December, 2008, 10:07 PM
hi just a quick thanks just installed hd and initialized same from maplins with help from dreambox link

claguey
23rd September, 2010, 03:52 AM
I have just installed a 320g Western Digital blue Scorpio with no problems. The guy in the shop said this was a SATA2 so I was a bit dubious, anyway, I physically installed the drive and connected the plug that comes with the dreambox. The manual says to go to Settings>System>Harddisk, but there is no such setting in my dreambox (Clone). After half an hour of trying stuff, i finally pressed the blue button on the remote and found the Devices Manager button (5) and inside that is the hard drive. The drive was already detected but not initialised yet. To initialiase, press the green button (initialise) and wait a few minutes until you get a message on the screen saying "Execution finished". The drive is now ready to go. During th einitialsation process, the Log that scrolls along th escreen will give a couple of error messages, dont worry, it is just detecting that the drive is not initialised yet. It took about 3 minutes to complete, much quicker than a computer format. The Dreambox says I have over 6 days of recording space, so plenty of room there. Western Digital reckon you can get 38 hours of full hi-def video on 320G. So if you are lucky enough to have full high def, there is plenty of room there too!

Good luck.