PDA

View Full Version : New channles

Adam_UK
28th April, 2011, 08:31 AM
If new channels start to broadcast on a sat. or the channel frequency change then will openbox find them automatically or do I have to do blind scan from time to time to find these channels?

torreal
28th April, 2011, 11:44 AM
No, the receiver will not find them automatically but a blindscan will certainly assist you although it is well documented that the blindscan feature is fallable in its search and misses quite a few transponders. That said, this receivers spec is extremely good for its purchase price!

Have sent you a PM with a site that you may not have that gives good upto date frequency changes.

Good luck. :top:

Adam_UK
28th April, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for that, I know the site but the problem I had is that I have over 3000 channels in the channel list, now when I do blind scan the search stops in the middle of the scan saying something like no enough storage or reached max number of channels. What is hapenning is that when I am doing blind scan the box does not recognize that the channles it is finding are already in my box hence it is reaching maximum number of channels. The way around it is that whenever I do blind scan I delete all channels first so emapty my channels lsit.
Does anyone have simlar issue or can give an opnininin this issue with the box?

hooley
28th April, 2011, 05:07 PM
Just load one of the latest channel lists.

Adam_UK
28th April, 2011, 06:55 PM
my setup is not staright forward, I have 4 lnbs (13, 19, 26 and 28 all e) on fixed dish and all channels list saw so far were either full motorized or sly uk only.

hooley
28th April, 2011, 11:01 PM
Load the lists onto a channel editor and delete the ones you won't be using, then load them back to the box

Adam_UK
29th April, 2011, 12:22 PM
Do you know good channel editor for Openbox? The only one I know is the PVR800 Editor DB4 but this has to be connected through serial connection to the box, is there an editor connects to the box through network?

hooley
29th April, 2011, 08:27 PM
Do you know good channel editor for Openbox? The only one I know is the PVR800 Editor DB4 but this has to be connected through serial connection to the box, is there an editor connects to the box through network?
you dont need to use serial connection. Read this
How to edit Openbox S9 Settings.pdf (http://www.mediafire.com/file/zaqph7e8av5m924/How%20to%20edit%20Openbox%20S9%20Settings.pdf)