PDA

View Full Version : Piwis, missing gff

DNAutotech
30th April, 2011, 09:06 AM
HI..

I just updated my Porsche Piwis from v.19 to v.29,
and it just works fine,but the Fault finding is now missing..
I once read a solution for this problem, here on DK, something about a add-on file, i just cant find it anymore..

Anybody have a solution for this problem?

Best regards
DNAutotech

ishell
1st June, 2011, 09:14 AM
HI..

I just updated my Porsche Piwis from v.19 to v.29,
and it just works fine,but the Fault finding is now missing..
I once read a solution for this problem, here on DK, something about a add-on file, i just cant find it anymore..

Anybody have a solution for this problem?

Best regards
DNAutotech
You should replaced all files called porscheDAS.exe
in folder \Module\GFS\Software
And run update again
After v 23 or 24 sw check platform for install
If you have original hardware it is no problem but if sample laptop or pc some files not installed and no gfs working .

Jeffsmith666
2nd June, 2011, 10:27 PM
Is there a different version of porscheDAS.exe that I should be using or is there another file to replace porscheDAS.exe? I tried removing porscheDAS.exe from all the directories, but now Installshield complains about "Error has occurred during setup. Please restart the installation"

ishell
3rd June, 2011, 07:14 AM
Is there a different version of porscheDAS.exe that I should be using or is there another file to replace porscheDAS.exe? I tried removing porscheDAS.exe from all the directories, but now Installshield complains about "Error has occurred during setup. Please restart the installation"
Do not remove this file replace it with old version of files from v 22
version.
I have installed piwis V30 with working GFS trough this way .

Jeffsmith666
3rd June, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thank you for your help. My v 22 does not have porscheDAS.exe anywhere on the hard drive. Is there anyway you could send me a copy?

ishell
4th June, 2011, 04:56 AM
Thank you for your help. My v 22 does not have porscheDAS.exe anywhere on the hard drive. Is there anyway you could send me a copy?
https://rapidshare.com/files/2035792455/porscheDAS.rar

Jeffsmith666
5th June, 2011, 03:49 AM
Thank you very much. That fixed it right up, V29 now has GFF. Next step, find updates 30 and 31.

flterence
8th November, 2011, 08:57 AM
HELLO !

Version 30 not had Module / Software Folder .

where need replace the porscheDAS.exe file ??

freefor
5th December, 2011, 08:31 PM
Menber ishell told where you have to replace. Read post again and your gfs is working fine.