PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat Siemens Piezo injector units repair question

szwajcarek
1st May, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi All,
I own VW Passat 2.0 with Siemens PPD1.1 with Piezo injector units fitted (trust me these are fu...ing disaster). The problem is in piezo element wich is shorted to the injector casing. After that the car stops (suddenly, without worning (like shaking, loosing power, etc. - great, especially if you are in another country). It is a common problem and can happen anytime. In my case one off the injecotors were changed by VW dealer (millage about 100000km - cost 800euro), another one was changed by me few months ago for a new one (millage175000km and cost 500euro) and few weeks ago another 2 injector died (millage 194000km). It was always the same after VCDS readings (one of the faults was present:
17448 P1040- Supply fuel injector(s) A, electrical malfunction in circuit
18578 P2146 - Supply Voltage for Fuel Injector Group A, Open Circuit
18579 P2147 - Supply Voltage for Fuel Injector Group A, Short to Ground
18580 P2148 - Supply Voltage for Fuel Injector Group A, Short to B+
17447 P1039 - Supply fuel injector(s) A, shorted
I was able to start the car again after disconecting the damaged injector. I decided to throw the car from a hill or burn it, but my wife stopped me. Then I saw a company in polish ebay which repairs such injectors for 150euros. I thought that they will change the piezo element but they did not, all I know it took 20 minutes per injector - the piezo element, the connector part was covered with some glue (I was there personally). The most important thing is that it is working. My question is if someone has done such repair ? I have found some very interesting article about it wich can be very helpfull with these repairs:
SIEMENS PD PIEZO INJECTORS - PASSAT (http://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/siemens-pd-piezo-injectors)
I thought that we may discuss the problem or share some info. Thanks in advance

BR

cezarycezary8
15th August, 2011, 01:47 PM
it work's 100%
I have done many of them
The glue is a welding rod nr. PA66 wery easy to get in Poland
If you change them always use new screws it's two euros each

mbenz1
16th August, 2011, 08:22 AM
AS above its a common issue on the 170ps 2.0tdi with these injectors.

See this thread:
Anyone else with this problem on 2006 2.0 TDi? Injectors... (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/104538-anyone-else-problem-2006-2-0-tdi-injectors.html)

In the UK audi are replacing all of these (ONLY if the customer asks). Apparently there is a new part which does not suffer this problem which they are replacing with.

I had all 4 of mine replaced last week.....for free

szwajcarek
31st August, 2011, 09:31 AM
Hi DK Members
VW dealer in Poland is exchanging Siemens PD for free, but just after they are damaged. You dont need to have guarantee or made service in VW ASO. This action is from may 2011 till end of the world.

BR

ominimicu
1st September, 2011, 09:46 PM
they resolder the piezo exit connector...wont last long..

vdinudanut
14th July, 2012, 05:18 AM
I fix this type of Siemens VDO injectors went Pumpe

deutsch
9th August, 2012, 06:53 PM
yes this is a very easy fix, grind the plastic from the top of the injector until you get to the metal conectors, clean all plastic away so just metal conectors, a quick clean with brake cleaner to remove all oil, then replace plastic with epoxy glue. job done.
or to make things easier take car to vw/audi and have injectors changed for free

bypirata
14th August, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hey. My injector has stopped working. It's a 140hp vw passat 2005. Someone can tell me how to fix it and that I should buy. Thank you very much.

ruscic
17th August, 2012, 09:09 PM
repair is good solution, i fix a lot of pd units, i have no problems with any of them !!!

rachmach
17th August, 2012, 09:34 PM
how to repair this injector ??

Dunker
24th August, 2012, 10:23 AM
VW are recalling cars to have these changed in the UK. A good friend of mine has just had a 2007 Passat done at the stealer. A letter came out of the blue asking him if he wanted the injectors changing free of charge. If I was unfortunate enough to have one of these piles of dung I'd be ringng VW and asking what the situation is.

markovojvodic
27th August, 2012, 05:59 AM
VAG group gives 7 year warranty for injector never less do you have servicebook stamped or not , only what is important that mileage isnt tampered with .....

luis12
19th October, 2012, 01:13 PM
I have one of this damaged, one terminal is grounded, I will grind plastic cap for research and post.

markovojvodic
19th October, 2012, 02:45 PM
Can ypu post pict after opening ?

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Diagnosticated
19th October, 2012, 06:11 PM
Can ypu post pict after opening ?

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Pictures are here; https://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/siemens-pd-piezo-injectors

jokerrro
1st January, 2013, 05:08 PM
great topic, thanks
at the earliest opportunity I take to repair relations

zrr_immo
5th January, 2013, 10:44 PM
thanks my friends

DiagExpert
4th December, 2014, 08:53 PM
it work's 100%
I have done many of them

Hello i have my own car with problem in piezo injector's can you please help me with the repair of these how you fix the short circuit with the casing? do you have pictures?

Thanks

it work's 100%
I have done many of them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ruscic
14th December, 2014, 12:19 PM
Repair is very easy.... but there is no need for repaie. Every dealer will change all old injectors with new one for free. No all, just ones that have short cir problem... new injector are ok!

jojo1212
27th January, 2015, 04:37 PM
can you some post the procedure of fixing this injector ?