PDA

View Full Version : install a wad on a chipped wii

jfish
15th December, 2008, 01:34 AM
I have a chipped Wii with the D2CSun chip

all the info I have read about installing a WAD file related to the Zelda twilight hack

Anyone know how I can install a WAD file another way

I have a copy of the internet channel as a WAD file

dell_xps
15th December, 2008, 01:52 AM
I have a chipped Wii with the D2CSun chip

all the info I have read about installing a WAD file related to the Zelda twilight hack

Anyone know how I can install a WAD file another way

I have a copy of the internet channel as a WAD file

Install the homebrew channel m8, what version of firmware are you running and what wad are you wanting to install?

See if this is of any use to ya m8,
http://tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9397

jfish
15th December, 2008, 10:33 AM
Install the homebrew channel m8, what version of firmware are you running and what wad are you wanting to install?

See if this is of any use to ya m8,
Tutorial: Install WADs with the October 23d update! - TehSkeen.com (http://tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9397)

this is what confuses me, when ever I read the HomeBrew channel it always refers to the TwiLight hack

anyway last night I downloaded the homebrew channel, installed it to my SD card slotted the SD card in when to data management but could see the application in the list - obviously I am missing something

I am running 3.2 fw and want to install the Internet Channel especially the BBC iPlayer

dell_xps
15th December, 2008, 10:41 AM
this is what confuses me, when ever I read the HomeBrew channel it always refers to the TwiLight hack

anyway last night I downloaded the homebrew channel, installed it to my SD card slotted the SD card in when to data management but could see the application in the list - obviously I am missing something

I am running 3.2 fw and want to install the Internet Channel especially the BBC iPlayer

M8 grab a copy of the zelda twilight princess (original or a backup you have), make your life a lot easier, once you have this the rest is a doddle, honestly.
Once you have it get back to me and I'll let you know how to install the homebrew channel, 3.2 is meant to be the best firmware to run any apps in the homebrew channel so try not to upgrade your wii firmware.
HTH

dowlinr
15th December, 2008, 06:11 PM
As your Wii is chipped you can download the ISO and run it rather than going through the twilight hack

The Homebrew Channel (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)

dell_xps
15th December, 2008, 07:19 PM
As your Wii is chipped you can download the ISO and run it rather than going through the twilight hack

The Homebrew Channel (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)

Yes good shout m8, I've overlooked he was running 3.2, doh!:hmmmm:

Install that version then update it to the very latest m8.

jfish
18th December, 2008, 09:15 PM
ok will do

so I download ISO run it as normal and install via that

will do that.. cheers for all help

on_the_jazz
19th December, 2008, 03:37 AM
Why would you want to install it if your wii is already chipped?

dowlinr
19th December, 2008, 11:00 AM
Why would you want to install it if your wii is already chipped?

So he can install wads and Wiiware

razorphish
10th December, 2009, 01:17 AM
I am in the same boat..Could someone please help me. I am unable to find the homebrew iso.

I have firmware 3.2 on wii and it has wiikey..

just need a little help on finding the iso and how to install it on SD Card .. will a 4gb SD HC work for it..

main question is the ISO link..where can i find it.

dell_xps
10th December, 2009, 05:33 PM
I am in the same boat..Could someone please help me. I am unable to find the homebrew iso.

I have firmware 3.2 on wii and it has wiikey..

just need a little help on finding the iso and how to install it on SD Card .. will a 4gb SD HC work for it..

main question is the ISO link..where can i find it.

M8 thats dated, use bannerbomb to get the homebrew channel on yer wii

bannerbomb (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php)

razorphish
12th December, 2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks mate,

Do you know if the HBC will come with the apps like Geebox? Mplayer..if not

how would i put them on ..

PS: will a 4gb SD HC card do?

i am good with PC's but never done anything like this for wii..

so sorry if the questions are stupid.

dell_xps
12th December, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks mate,

Do you know if the HBC will come with the apps like Geebox? Mplayer..if not

how would i put them on ..

PS: will a 4gb SD HC card do?

i am good with PC's but never done anything like this for wii..

so sorry if the questions are stupid.

MPlayer etc are all apps that you can download to your computer then put on your SD card and run through the HB channel.
4GB is more than ample.
HTH

razorphish
12th December, 2009, 07:56 PM
Would it work on my wii as i have the Wiikey chip inside.. SOrry to ask these questions I am about to buy a 4Gb SD HC card card just to run mplayer etc as i wanna watch videos from my wii as my xbox (xbmc) broke..

ibnbatuta
7th January, 2010, 07:23 PM
hi guys. can anyone help me out... ive got a chipped wii on firmware 3.2 also have the home brew channel. I am wanting to install bbc iplayer but the wii is insisting i update my firmeare...does anyone know how to get around this?