PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox and Apple Mac?????

gone_tuff
22nd April, 2008, 05:25 PM
are they compatible for hard drive recording???

thanks for looking:elefant:

BlueJ
23rd April, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Mate,

Yes they are compatible for recording.
Not quite as simple as on a PC though. You can use a program called iDream X and record to your mac using the program interface.
If you want to do direct recording from the Dreambox remote control. there are a few things you would need to set up depending on your system.

What version of OSX are you using?

gone_tuff
23rd April, 2008, 07:54 PM
that's great news
I have using osx 10.5.2

BlueJ
24th April, 2008, 04:42 PM
Well your in luck then! It is so much easier to do in Leopard than any other version of osx.

Firstly I assume you have your Dreambox set up through a rooter so you can access your Mac?

In the system Preferences there is a section called sharing. This section gives you the ability to share a folder. Create a folder on your Mac and call it recordings. Then set this folder to share using system preferences / sharing. Make sure the folder is set to read/write. Click the options tab (bottom right hand corner) and make sure it set to SAMBA Share (SMB)

Once you have done this you can follow the guide available here:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34

Make sure File Sharing is selected in the left hand panel of the sharing section.

I hope this makes sense!
Good Luck!!

Celtictiger
26th April, 2008, 12:35 AM
Good to see that there are fellow MacAddicts out there in dreambox world. I have search high and low for OSX tools for the dreambox and apart from iDreamx, DreamStreamX, several ftp and Telnet clients there is limited resources available. Have any of my fellow MacHeads any other tools to add to what I already have. I am particularly looking for a DreamUp type Application that will allow me to flash the box.

BlueJ
28th April, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hi CelticTiger,

The only programs I know of are iDreamX and DreamstreamX. Although DreamStream doesn't work for me it says my web interface is to old or some sh1t and never works!!

I would love a program like DreamUp on the Mac but I'm not sure if we will ever have one unless someone can not only write the interface for the mac but also make it work through usb rather than serial?

If you ever find one though be sure to post it on here!!

PS. Congrats on the result Yesterday. Hopefully Rangers will bottle it and Celtic can cash in!

Matsaki
28th April, 2008, 08:21 PM
The best program ever for Mac, and that also beats any PC application for Dreambox is the iDreamX. But sadly it don't support DB7025 and the guy who made it will not make a compatible version :(

I'm also waiting for a similar application as Mac is growing FAST :) And Dreambox is the only alternative.

By the wayBlue] sadly the "PC" tutorial don't apply to a Gemini image :(

pies
6th May, 2008, 11:03 PM
I've had a go with iDreamX, found it really buggy on Tiger and Leopard with DW1.6 and 2.0.
DreamStreamX looked promising, but it wouldn't let me connect.

I'd be curious if anyone had done anything with one of those elgato cable tuners...

Celtictiger
7th May, 2008, 12:15 AM
Is it possible to flash a image to a 500c...with any of the Mac applications for a dreambox. Basically I would like to be able to connect my 500C to my Mac and flash it rather than having to borrow a PC from one of my mates.

pies
7th May, 2008, 07:37 AM
I have had some success using a usb-serial cable lead and using dreamup under parallels, it was weird though, some times it worked, sometimes it didn't.
For the brief time I had XP under Boot camp, the usb-serial lead worked a treat, but I don't want to lose 10GB of my drive just so once in a blue moon I can boot to windows to flash my dreambox...

Darkmantle
2nd February, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hi, just a quick query: I am troubled in my quest to find the DM800HD on my network with iDreamX. I can find it easily and log onto it in Firefox, but iDreamX is rendered unable to find it... Is using port 80 correct?

Any help here would be much appreciated;)

Darkmantle

timwinslade
15th February, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well your in luck then! It is so much easier to do in Leopard than any other version of osx.

Firstly I assume you have your Dreambox set up through a rooter so you can access your Mac?

In the system Preferences there is a section called sharing. This section gives you the ability to share a folder. Create a folder on your Mac and call it recordings. Then set this folder to share using system preferences / sharing. Make sure the folder is set to read/write. Click the options tab (bottom right hand corner) and make sure it set to SAMBA Share (SMB)

Once you have done this you can follow the guide available here:

Guide: Setting up Recording to a PC or NAS (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34)

Make sure File Sharing is selected in the left hand panel of the sharing section.

I hope this makes sense!
Good Luck!!

Hi The guide that you mentioned does not seem to get my dreambox to access the folder on my mac, any other ideas??